Hello, everyone!

Oct 2019
Vrindavan
Hello, everyone!

A friend recommended this forum to me. I have dealt with different religions so far, my greatest inspiration I get from writings of the Eastern religions. Through a longer process of reflection and meditation I have learned that there is a divine reality behind our philosophical, epistemological, scientific and spiritual efforts. Therefore I consider all approaches to be correct and true, only our understanding is often incomplete and veiled. I cannot accept the conviction that there is only one way to the absolute truth, because our ways are relative and individual. I know some members of the Baha'i Faith personally and meet more often for common prayer and conversation. Since I have my texts translated with DeepL, I hope they are understandable. I am looking forward to exchange in the community.

Siddhanta

Mar 2015
Bend area, Oregon
Welcome Siddhanta.

Good to read your comment. For your consideration, I will offer: The origin of all the major religions (Revelations) in this realm of existence are expressions the Primal Will - that ancient, universal, and divine Mind that emanates from that Reality and Essence we know of as "God" (called by a variety terms in other cultures). The Primal Will has cycled in and out throughout history and what we have are the preserved remnants and oral traditions of many of them. One major figure in the Bahá'í Faith (Shoghi Effendi), writing of the first century of the Faith (1844-1944), very appropriately titled his book 'God Passes By". Shoghi Effendi also helped the emerging modern Bahá'í community to understand: "The fundamental principle enunciated by Bahá'u'lláh, the followers of His Faith firmly believe, is that Religious truth is not absolute but relative, that Divine Revelation is a continuous and progressive process, that all the great religions of the world are divine in origin, that their basic principles are in complete harmony, that their aims and purposes are one and the same, that their teachings are but facets of one truth, that their functions are complementary, that they differ only in the non-essential aspects of their doctrines and that their missions represent successive stages in the spiritual evolution of human society." (Shoghi Effendi, Summary Statement - 1947, Special UN Committee on Palestine) I believe I can safely say that Bahá'í’s recognize the occurrences of the cyclic phenomenon of Revelation of the Divine Intelligence to be as natural as the multitude of cycles observed in the natural world.

Enjoy your interactions with others.

LR

Oct 2019
Vrindavan
Thank you, Larry.

Not only behind the major religions, but behind every expression of religion since the earliest days of mankind and long before humans existed. Depending on how "successive stages" are understood, a rather linear concept of God's revelation seems to hide in your image, but the cultures of the world are not linear but relative in their own cultural space. To give an example. While Christianity transcended the book religion of Judaism and the disciples and early Christians no longer met the Word of God as a book but in a human being, the Islam that followed in time returned to a book religion and made a step back in epistemological terms. Otherwise the idea of progressive revelation is not new, it is already known in Judaism (early and later prophets), Christianity (Old and New Testament) and Islam (Meccan and Medinan suras). In the Eastern religions the theology of the Avatar has always been an elementary component.

Best wishes!

Mar 2015
Bend area, Oregon
Siddhanta,

As for your observation, no matter how hard I have striven to transcend the confines of my western culture over my lifetime thus far, I no doubt continue to be influenced by it to some degree. Perhaps in the realm(s) beyond I may be completely released from those limitations.

Please take care.

LR

Oct 2019
Vrindavan
We all do. We are always conditioned by the cultures in which we stand and have grown. That is why there are no prophecies outside space and time.

Jul 2018
Tarshish, bound for Nineveh
Siddhanta,

Your messages are coming through very clear and understandable, as well as your thoughts.

Welcome!

Reactions: tonyfish58
Sep 2010
Normanton, Far North West Queensland
Good to see you here Siddhanta, look forward to a chat or two about Faith and Life.

Regards Tony

Sep 2010
Normanton, Far North West Queensland
If you have any questions or a topic, you can always contact me or ask me.

Cheers
That is why this forum is here. 😃

Life is the question and I see from it, we never stop learning.

The greater question currently facing all humanity may be that of the unity of mankind, how we can reach that goal?

The Baha'i are approaching this at the community level, building strong communities in love of virtues and services to the community.

What is your vision for the future?

Regards Tony

Reactions: daniel