Hello from a New Member

Mar 2018
California
Hello everyone! I am happy to be here among you all - allow me to introduce myself:

My name is Mike, and I am currently a college student who has had a lifelong interest in religion in faith. I was raised Christian, and have always been deeply spiritual no matter what I’ve called myself, but had always felt like there was a missing piece to the puzzle. I first learned about the Baha’i faith as a kid, as I was kind of nerdy and would love to learn about different cultures and religions.

It was at the curious timing of age 15 that I started exploring religions not as just a point of research and learning, but as looking for spiritual truth. I was very interested in the Baha’i faith, but drifted away from it back to Christianity after a while.

And now I’m here half a decade later, looking into whether this is the right spiritual path for me. I am so interested in talking with you all, and hopefully it’ll help on the journey ahead. :)

I’m at a point where I feel I know so much, yet so little- if that makes sense. But I don’t want to treat you guys like just a Q&A team- I’d love to get to know everyone and their own faith journey.

Looking forward to at the very least discovering this forum, and in a larger part this faith!

- “Mikey”

Sep 2010
Normanton Far North Queensland
Hello everyone! I am happy to be here among you all - allow me to introduce myself:

My name is Mike, and I am currently a college student who has had a lifelong interest in religion in faith. I was raised Christian, and have always been deeply spiritual no matter what I’ve called myself, but had always felt like there was a missing piece to the puzzle. I first learned about the Baha’i faith as a kid, as I was kind of nerdy and would love to learn about different cultures and religions.

It was at the curious timing of age 15 that I started exploring religions not as just a point of research and learning, but as looking for spiritual truth. I was very interested in the Baha’i faith, but drifted away from it back to Christianity after a while.

And now I’m here half a decade later, looking into whether this is the right spiritual path for me. I am so interested in talking with you all, and hopefully it’ll help on the journey ahead. :)

I’m at a point where I feel I know so much, yet so little- if that makes sense. But I don’t want to treat you guys like just a Q&A team- I’d love to get to know everyone and their own faith journey.

Looking forward to at the very least discovering this forum, and in a larger part this faith!

- “Mikey”
Welcome Mikey great to have you here. This Forum has a variety of people that post here. Which makes for an interesting discussion at times.

Also looking forward to a chat. My wife and I became a Baha'i in 1984 and have lived in Remote Far North Queensland for most of our Baha'i Life. It was my wife that found the Faith for us, I was not looking at all.

Like you there was a period where a drift away from practicing Faith did occur.

Regards Tony

Mar 2013
Edwardsville, Illinois, USA
Welcome, Mikey!

Your experience sounds a bit Like mine, I was raised in a Catholic family but felt the need to explore all religions by the time I was 16, which I did independently at the public library. I was pretty sure the Baha'i Faith was for me, but didn't meet any Baha'is until I was 18, when I quickly declared my Faith. It has been a long, full journey since then.

Jul 2017
Kettering, Ohio USA

- “Mikey”
I heard about the faith when I was 18 along with my brother Phil. My brother investigated but I did not. He became a Baha'i, and I was surprised by this. I was under the influence of a Christian at the time, and turned away from the faith. But over the summer I investigated, reading books like the Seven Valleys, the Hidden Words, and the book of certitude. The Seven Valleys especially caught my eye. I could feel the Spirit as I read it though I didn't understand it. When I was 19 I joined the Faith, and now I am about to become 67, so it has been almost 48 years.

Mar 2018
California
Hey everyone- I really appreciate the warm welcome :)

I also really appreciate hearing everyone’s stories! It is actually very inspiring ;) Even though I am a fellow religion nerd like said lol I still have so much to learn! I’m definitely looking forward to chatting and discussing so many things - I think I’ll actually start by reading the Seven Valleys (one of the works I haven’t gotten around to reading yet). I look forward to the journey ahead, and while I haven’t fully committed myself to The faith yet something’s telling me that will happen very soon!

- “Mikey”

Sep 2010
Normanton Far North Queensland
Hey everyone- I really appreciate the warm welcome :)

I also really appreciate hearing everyone’s stories! It is actually very inspiring ;) Even though I am a fellow religion nerd like said lol I still have so much to learn! I’m definitely looking forward to chatting and discussing so many things - I think I’ll actually start by reading the Seven Valleys (one of the works I haven’t gotten around to reading yet). I look forward to the journey ahead, and while I haven’t fully committed myself to The faith yet something’s telling me that will happen very soon!

- “Mikey”
Good on you, look forward to hearing from you.

Regards Tony

Similiar Baha'i Discussions Forum Date
New Users
New Users
New Users
New Users