Help with a Project

Jun 2014
Wisconsin
I have found a general synopses of a certain portion of 'Abdu'l-Baha's writings that seem relevant to my studies.

This is referenced as Makatib 1:85-99, which I think means what I am looking for is the book Makatib Hadrat `Abdu'l-Baha, volume 1, pages 85-99. The biggest problem for me being that this book is not in English. As it is relevant to my other studies, I want to start figuring out how to get a translation of these pages.

So my first question in this is: Does anyone know how I could go about obtaining a copy the text of these pages?? Or the entire book itself?? Additionally it would be helpful to know what language these pages are written in. I realize it is probably a long shot but I'm casting a wide net through the Baha'i circles I'm in to see if anyone knows how I could get my hands on this book.

After that comes the complicated task of finding someone willing and able to translate it, :p but one step at a time.

Mar 2015
Bend area, Oregon
Walrus:

As I starting point, I would suggest you go the thread on this Forum titled, "‘Abdu’l-Bahá Speaks" initiated by Sen McGlinn on September 24, 2018 and private message him to see what counsel he might provide.

-LR

Jun 2014
Wisconsin
Walrus:

As I starting point, I would suggest you go the thread on this Forum titled, "‘Abdu’l-Bahá Speaks" initiated by Sen McGlinn on September 24, 2018 and private message him to see what counsel he might provide.

-LR
Is that the book I am looking for?? Sen names the book there "Khetabaat", and I had thought Makatib Hadrat `Abdu'l-Baha was supposed to be a collection of his letters, not his speaking engagements??

Mar 2015
Bend area, Oregon
Walrus:
No it is not the book you are looking for. Though Sen may be able to help you locate what you are looking for was what I intended to communicate. He also translates from the Arabic and Persian, not that I am suggesting that he will do that for you. The Baha'i World Center Research Department would be another source, but their responses usually take months.
-LR