Help with basic Baha'i information please? :)

Jun 2013
Europe
Hello! I am new to this forum but really love the Baha'i faith and its teachings! It all rings so true for me :)

Anyway, I've been quite annoyed at how prejudiced people can be towards other religions. Even conflict can arise! That's why, over the past year, I've been writing a book to educate adults and children on the basics of each religion to rid dangerous misconceptions, and also showing how they all link together :)

I realise that this is pretty much what the Baha'u'llah did, to unify religions so that's awesome! But I want to make a book which is a bit more accessible for the every day person, especially here in the UK where very few have even heard of Baha'i!

However, I am no expert on Baha'i of course, so it would be wonderful if you could look over this document and advise any changes/additions/subtractions hhaa that should be made? :)

I understand that this takes up your time and you certainly do not have to feel obliged to help in anyway, but if you could, that'd be awesome. Thank you! :)

Aug 2010
New Zealand mainly
That's a good initiative. :yes: My comments :

Daheshism is not a branch of Bahai, it is a separate religion with its own founder.

Bryan is not a religion, he's the main character in a very funny movie about religion. It's also a place in Texas.

"Reform Bahai" is only one person at present. There were three followers and the leader, but the last info I had is that they had a row and split off.

Orthodox Bahai however is a real organisation, they have annual meetings. Lattest information is that there are 40 members. You can decide whether that is significant enough to be worth mentioning. See the wiki article on the Orthodox Bahai.
Orthodox Bahá'í Faith - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am not clear what the purpose is, of the table at the end. Is it supposed to represent your comparisons of Bahai with other religions, or Bahai teachings about other religions, or perhaps it's something to do with the overall structure of your book?

Dec 2012
North America
Greetings Annie and welcome to the forums!

As you know, all the information regarding the Baha'i Faith could be found at our international website, which include various sites and all the information you would probably need to research the Baha'i Faith.

Also, The Baha'i Reference Library also includes copies of ALL writings from the three Central figures to the Faith including: The Bab, Baha'u'llah, Abdul'Baha; and also writings from Shoghi Effendi and the Universal House of Justice.

I was looking over the locations of where you would find Baha'is and I would probably say that you would find a Baha'i in every country in the world including one Baha'i in Antarctica.

The Seven Valleys and The Four Valleys are two books written by Baha'u'llah and they are very different from the Kitab-i-Iqan (The Book of Certitude).

Also, Baha'i sects/minorities do not exist, Baha'i Faith is built upon the foundation of the Covenant, which prohibits the branching of the Faith as Abdul'Baha explains, Were it not for the protecting power of the Covenant to guard the impregnable fort of the Cause of God, there would arise among the Bahá'ís, in one day, a thousand different sects as was the case in former ages. (Abdu'l-Baha, Baha'i World Faith - Abdu'l-Baha Section, p. 357). What is different about the Baha'i Faith from other religions with thousands upon thousands of sects is that the Central figures of the Faith documented everything including the Covenant which remains strong to repent those who call themselves Baha'is yet they do not follow the Writings!

Again, thanks for joining the forums and I hope you will find enough resources to make adequate research on your book. And good luck on writing your book! You should also contact the National Spiritual Assembly of the Baha'is of the United Kingdom if you want more information or interviews, phone calls, etc.

Last edited:
Jun 2006
California
Under "Sacreds texts" on that form card... It should be noted there are a lot more texts than listed ..

You can see how many have been translated into English at

Baha'i Reference Library

Not only that... there are still many Tablets in Arabic and Farsi revealed by the Bab and Baha'u'llah that constitute what we call the Baha'i Writings that have yet to be translated into English.

Jcc

Mar 2013
Edwardsville, Illinois, USA
And Austrailia and Oceania (which is not a continent). Or, you could say that the Faith is established in 218 countries around the world. That number came from the Wikipedia page, and you can search the official web sites for more facts, but it is a good idea to ask people on this discussion group as you can get a number of different perspectives, mostly unfiltered.

And, welcome!

Last edited:
Jun 2013
Europe
Thank you for such kind and supportive words everyone!

I have been through all of your invaluable information and hopefully have made it better now? :p

I am not clear what the purpose is, of the table at the end. Is it supposed to represent your comparisons of Bahai with other religions, or Bahai teachings about other religions, or perhaps it's something to do with the overall structure of your book?
Sorry 'links' is a pretty vague title :p Basically, I am trying to show all of the conceptual and historical overlap between Baha'i and other religions, to prove to people that simply, “The differences among the religions of the world are due to varying types of minds.” as Abdu’l-Bahá said ;)

Aug 2010
New Zealand mainly
I think the Al knowing God should be the all-knowing God.
Or perhaps Al is a lot more important than he seems.
In which case, I knew him when he was a kid. Always knew he would go far. etc..

Jun 2013
Europe
I think the Al knowing God should be the all-knowing God.
Or perhaps Al is a lot more important than he seems.
In which case, I knew him when he was a kid. Always knew he would go far. etc..
Yup, God does know Al very well so you're right, Al did go far - He and God are best buds these days! ;)

(thanks for pointing that out.. :p)

Last edited: