Helping the Cause of God

Apr 2011
Hyrule
is even smiling to people a form of it?
Yes, an authentic smile can change the atmosphere. I was reminded of the positive effects of a smile during my job interview yesterday. The interviewer's welcoming smile directed the conversation and led to a fruitful discussion. It was a definite contrast to my previous interviewer's solemn face. :think: How much more important an authentic smile must be in spreading the Cause of God! Easier said than done, however.

"Then some friends came to ask me to accompany them to the church to hear the Master's talk.
What His subject was I do not recall, nor does a single word of His address remain with me. My memory is all of the quiet New England church; the crowded pews, and Abdu'l-Bahá on the platform. His cream-colored robe; His white hair and beard; His radiant smile and courteous demeanor. And His gestures! Never a dogmatic downward stroke of the hand; never an upraised warning finger; never the assumption of teacher to the taught. But always the encouraging upward swing of hands, as though He would actually lift us up with them. And His voice! Like a resonant bell of finest timbre; never loud but of such penetrating quality that the walls of the room seemed to vibrate with its music."
-Howard Colby Ives, Portals to Freedom

I like this image of Abdu'l-Baha with a "radiant smile" lifting his arms up "as though He would actually lift us up with them."