How are you going?

Sep 2010
Normanton, Far North West Queensland
Hello all, are you happy, how are you going?

We live in a time where we are told great mental tests will be part of life, we live in an era where the Old World Order is collapsing around us, all the while the New World. Order is being rolled out in its stead.

It is not easy to find meaningful conversations, it is not easy to find participation in community building activities, it is not easy to motivate one's own self. There re so many distractions from what needs to be done.

I post to wish you and all, happiness and clarity of purpose in these times, I hope to find that for myself.

This quote from Abdul'baha

April 2, 1914
Holy Land

"Friends, the time is coming when I shall be no longer with you. I have done all that could be done. I have served the Cause of Bahá’u’lláh to the utmost of my ability. I have labored night and day all the years of my life.
Oh, how I long to see the believers shouldering the responsibilities of the Cause! Now is the time to proclaim the Kingdom of Abhá (i.e. The Most Glorious!). Now is the hour of union and concord! Now is the day of the spiritual harmony of the friends of God! …
I am straining my ears toward the East and toward the West, toward the North and toward the South, that haply I may hear the songs of love and fellowship raised in the meetings of the believers. My days are numbered, and save this there remains none other joy for me.
Oh, how I yearn to see the friends united, even as a shining strand of pearls, as the brilliant Pleiades, as the rays of the sun, the gazelles of one meadow!
The mystic nightingale is singing for them; will they not listen? The bird of paradise is warbling; will they not hear? The Angel of the Kingdom of Abhá is calling to them; will they not hearken? The Messenger of the Covenant is pleading; will they not heed?
Ah! I am waiting, waiting to hear the glad news that the believers are the embodiment of sincerity and loyalty, the incarnation of love and amity and the manifestation of unity and concord!
Will they not rejoice my heart? Will they not satisfy my yearnings? Will they not heed my pleadings? will they not fulfill my hopes? Will they not answer my call?
I am waiting, I am patiently waiting!"

The world needs this message more and more each day, personally I see Abdul'baha is still waiting.

Happiness and strength = Look at me, Follow me, be as I am.

Love and regards to you and All, Tony

Last edited:
Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
Hello all, are you happy, how are you going?
I guess you meant to ask "how are you doing?" :D

I am doing okay when I can be detached from life in the material world. I do not mean that I desire it, only that I have to deal with things as they come along... houses, cars, pets, my husband, my health issues, but I try to minimize the material world entanglements as much as possible such that I have as much time as possible to teach the Cause..... I am motivated but alas, time is a major constraint. I hope to desire next year so I can devote more time to the Cause.
It is not easy to find meaningful conversations, it is not easy to find participation in community building activities, it is not easy to motivate one's own self. There are so many distractions from what needs to be done.
I post to wish you and all, happiness and clarity of purpose in these times, I hope to find that for myself.
I have clarity of Purpose, which is none other but to teach the Cause, but I do not expect or desire material happiness. In that endeavor I find myself alone, but I do not feel as much alone when I hear from you Tony, because I know you share in that Purpose.

“Be not grieved if thou performest it thyself alone. Let God be all-sufficient for thee. Commune intimately with His Spirit, and be thou of the thankful. Proclaim the Cause of thy Lord unto all who are in the heavens and on the earth. Should any man respond to thy call, lay bare before him the pearls of the wisdom of the Lord, thy God, which His Spirit hath sent down unto thee, and be thou of them that truly believe. And should any one reject thine offer, turn thou away from him, and put thy trust and confidence in the Lord, thy God, the Lord of all worlds.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 280
The world needs this message more and more each day, personally I see Abdul'baha is still waiting.
That is what I see too Tony. Abdu’l-Baha is waiting for us to be as he was.

I have been posting regularly to an atheist man for about five years now on Delphi Forums and now we are at the point where he keeps asking me why the Baha’i Faith is still only 0.1% of the world population. I tell him that all religions were small in the beginning but he does not find that satisfactory and I really don’t either, given what we have and the fact that this is the information age. Why is the growth rate of the Faith declining instead of increasing? Is it all because people continue to reject Baha’u’llah or is it because many people have never even heard of Him?

The growth rates of the Abrahamic religions from 1910-2010 were as follows: Judaism .11%, Christianity 1.32%, Islam 1.97%, and Baha’i Faith 3.54%.

From 2000-2010 Islam became the fastest growing religion (1.86 %) and the Baha’i Faith was the second fastest growing religion (1.72%). Christianity is trailing behind at 1.31%.

Statistics from: Growth of religion - Wikipedia

The growth rates of the Baha’i Faith were higher than Islam from 1910 to 2010 because it includes the “formative age” of the Baha’i Faith (1921-1944)
FOURTH PERIOD: THE INCEPTION OF THE FORMATIVE AGE OF THE BAHÁ’Í FAITH 1921–1944

I am much more analytical than I am emotional... From a purely analytical standpoint, during the years when the Baha’i Faith was growing like wildfire there was no internet; all we had were certain Writings, and not as many as we have now translated into English. Now we have not only the internet but also many more Writings that have been translated, not to mention other books written about the Baha’i Faith and many websites. So why has growth slowed down so much? I have no intention of being critical of anyone, I just wonder, and I think that Baha’u’llah and Abdu’l-Baha are probably also wondering from the Abha Kingdom. :(

“This, however, is but the beginning of the dawn, and the heat of the rising Orb of Truth is not yet at the fullness of its power. Once the sun hath mounted to high noon, its fires will burn so hot as to stir even the creeping things beneath the earth; and although it is not for them to behold the light, yet will they all be set in frenzied motion by the impact of the heat.

Wherefore, O ye beloved of God, offer up thanks that ye have, in the day of the dawning, turned your faces unto the Light of the World and beheld its splendours. Ye have received a share of the light of truth, ye have enjoyed a portion of those blessings that endure forever;
and therefore, as a returning of thanks for this bounty, rest ye not for a moment, sit ye not silent, carry to men’s ears the glad tidings of the Kingdom, spread far and wide the Word of God.”
Selections from the Writings of Abdu'l-Baha, pp. 33-34

“If any man were to arise to defend, in his writings, the Cause of God against its assailants, such a man, however inconsiderable his share, shall be so honored in the world to come that the Concourse on high would envy his glory. No pen can depict the loftiness of his station, neither can any tongue describe its splendor. For whosoever standeth firm and steadfast in this holy, this glorious, and exalted Revelation, such power shall be given him as to enable him to face and withstand all that is in heaven and on earth. Of this God is Himself a witness.

O ye beloved of God! Repose not yourselves on your couches, nay bestir yourselves as soon as ye recognize your Lord, the Creator, and hear of the things which have befallen Him, and hasten to His assistance. Unloose your tongues, and proclaim unceasingly His Cause. This shall be better for you than all the treasures of the past and of the future, if ye be of them that comprehend this truth.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 330

Aug 2014
Blue Planet
As for my answer.... hmmm.... I think not bad.
I see errors all around, and I have no power to correct them. I see errors in myself as well, and I am trying hard, but I cannot be nearly as good as I expect myself to be. yet ... it is life. it is not supposed to be perfect.

now how are YOU Tony?

Sep 2010
As for my answer.... hmmm.... I think not bad.
I see errors all around, and I have no power to correct them. I see errors in myself as well, and I am trying hard, but I cannot be nearly as good as I expect myself to be. yet ... it is life. it is not supposed to be perfect.

now how are YOU Tony?
I am very good maryamr - I have not been able to post for a couple of days as I could not load replies to posts.

Yes I see we are to perfect ourselves and become a part of our community in service, in any way we can. We need to find the unity.

Stay happy and well maryamr, it is always great to hear from you. Regards tony

Reactions: maryamr
Sep 2010
I hope all had a good time at the Twin Holy Day Celebrations.

Another historical milestone past. Both Messengers now born over 200 years ago.

Yet the world awaits.

I see this is the dawn of the time foretold where other faiths will note, with much passion from the pulpits, about the Baha'i Faith!

Are you ready for this time? My friend and I say, bring it on 😃🙏

RegardsTony

Reactions: maryamr and daniel
Nov 2015
Canada
Tony, it is good to see you being kind and caring about others as you always have in the time I've known you. You are a wonderful person, as is everybody reading this right now. I'm glad to hear you have been doing well. Honestly things have not been okay with me and this is why I have stopped going to this forum along with most Baha'i events in general. In February my close friend Spencer committed suicide and it has affected me deeply because we went to high school together, and he was only 20 when he had passed. I'm now 21, and my birthday a couple weeks ago honestly left me shaken, realizing that I had turned older than my dear friend. His life was cut short, and while this left me in ruins for months on end, I see now that I must live a very long life because he did not. In March, a month after Spencer's passing, I had found out my long time girlfriend had actually been cheating on me with a fellow Baha'i who was my best friend at the time. This girl and I were not sexual but my friend whom I considered a brother would do things he wasn't supposed to do with her, and then come study religion with me pretending like nothing happened. So in the span of about 30 days, I lost two of my best friends and my girlfriend. I have not gone to a Baha'i gathering since this because honestly I don't wish to give this speech to a roomful of people (Performance anxiety I guess) because they will all ask about my girlfriend and my friend whom they also haven't seen in some months now. I did up dating again and had a very intense and fulfilling relationship which swept me off my feet, but the woman has a condition known as alexithymia and told me that while she enjoyed things very much, because of her condition she would not be a good partner long term and so she left me, and I've been pretty broken up about it since. It's been about 2 weeks now. On the bright side I've mustered up the strength to face my Baha'i friends I haven't seen all year and will be going to the Ascension of Abdu'l-Baha. I'm hoping it will lift my spirits :)

I almost left the Baha'i faith a few months ago out of frustration. I very strongly believe in the Sikh Gurus and their teachings and struggled for a long time to find the unity between Baha'i and Sikhi because the Baha'i Faith has practically not mentioned Sikhi whatsoever. I started to feel like I would fit better with Sikhs for various reasons (Like not cutting my hair or reincarnation to name a couple) but at the same time, I did not leave the Baha'i faith because simply put, my belief in Baha'u'llah is unshakeable, and the faith has been confirmed in my heart without any doubts that Baha'u'llah taught the truth. In the end I at least personally found much unity and relief between Sikhi and Baha'i. I see how they relate and actually believe both are of importance for this modern age and that, personally at least, I think they will both become one with another. I dearly hope that this multi-year headache I've had serves as the catalyst for Sikhs to recognize that the Kalki and Mahdi had come and illuminated the world, and that Baha'i's in time see the importance of the Guru Granth Sahib for the modern day and that the Khalsa and Baha'i community become one people. It's seen in Sikhi that Sri Guru Granth Sahib is an eternal living guru. Gurus do not tell the future but speak spiritual truth to the present moment. As the SGGS is eternally living, maybe Baha'u'llah did not mention the SGGS because it's rude to talk over someone who is already speaking :p

Cheekiness aside, I hope you all have a wonderful time~

Reactions: Earth
Sep 2010
Tony, it is good to see you being kind and caring about others as you always have in the time I've known you. You are a wonderful person, as is everybody reading this right now. I'm glad to hear you have been doing well. Honestly things have not been okay with me and this is why I have stopped going to this forum along with most Baha'i events in general. In February my close friend Spencer committed suicide and it has affected me deeply because we went to high school together, and he was only 20 when he had passed. I'm now 21, and my birthday a couple weeks ago honestly left me shaken, realizing that I had turned older than my dear friend. His life was cut short, and while this left me in ruins for months on end, I see now that I must live a very long life because he did not. In March, a month after Spencer's passing, I had found out my long time girlfriend had actually been cheating on me with a fellow Baha'i who was my best friend at the time. This girl and I were not sexual but my friend whom I considered a brother would do things he wasn't supposed to do with her, and then come study religion with me pretending like nothing happened. So in the span of about 30 days, I lost two of my best friends and my girlfriend. I have not gone to a Baha'i gathering since this because honestly I don't wish to give this speech to a roomful of people (Performance anxiety I guess) because they will all ask about my girlfriend and my friend whom they also haven't seen in some months now. I did up dating again and had a very intense and fulfilling relationship which swept me off my feet, but the woman has a condition known as alexithymia and told me that while she enjoyed things very much, because of her condition she would not be a good partner long term and so she left me, and I've been pretty broken up about it since. It's been about 2 weeks now. On the bright side I've mustered up the strength to face my Baha'i friends I haven't seen all year and will be going to the Ascension of Abdu'l-Baha. I'm hoping it will lift my spirits :)

I almost left the Baha'i faith a few months ago out of frustration. I very strongly believe in the Sikh Gurus and their teachings and struggled for a long time to find the unity between Baha'i and Sikhi because the Baha'i Faith has practically not mentioned Sikhi whatsoever. I started to feel like I would fit better with Sikhs for various reasons (Like not cutting my hair or reincarnation to name a couple) but at the same time, I did not leave the Baha'i faith because simply put, my belief in Baha'u'llah is unshakeable, and the faith has been confirmed in my heart without any doubts that Baha'u'llah taught the truth. In the end I at least personally found much unity and relief between Sikhi and Baha'i. I see how they relate and actually believe both are of importance for this modern age and that, personally at least, I think they will both become one with another. I dearly hope that this multi-year headache I've had serves as the catalyst for Sikhs to recognize that the Kalki and Mahdi had come and illuminated the world, and that Baha'i's in time see the importance of the Guru Granth Sahib for the modern day and that the Khalsa and Baha'i community become one people. It's seen in Sikhi that Sri Guru Granth Sahib is an eternal living guru. Gurus do not tell the future but speak spiritual truth to the present moment. As the SGGS is eternally living, maybe Baha'u'llah did not mention the SGGS because it's rude to talk over someone who is already speaking :p

Cheekiness aside, I hope you all have a wonderful time~
I am sorry for the loss of your friend, this would be very hard for you.I also have a younger brother that took his own life. Sorry you have faced such turmoil Saveyist. That is a lot to face at a young age in very difficult times. I can offer that with great tests, is also the potential of great capacity in how we face them.

The Key in this age is Baha'u'llah and the Covenant, so well done for maintaining strength of Faith. In life I have been a couple of times where life has presented such tests of Faith and I wish you well, happy and all the best.

Unfortunately we live in a time where morality is at a very dark and lowest ebb and as such, we will all struggle to reach the Light of Chasity.

If you need a chat, we will be here for you.

Regards Tony

Dec 2012
Earth
Greetings Saveyist,

Thank you for sharing your personal story and offering such a kind observation about Tony. He is often seen as the Father of this forum and I do not see this changing anytime soon. Naturally I am sorry for the loss of your friend, but commend you for wanting to live longer to compensate for this. It is a fitting tribute.

When we last spoke, which was when you had just enrolled, I tried to share the importance about being kind to yourself and learning the value in being selfish about your own personal development when seeking to learn about the Bahá’í Faith. Hopefully you are now learning to see the wisdom of this. This is because your culture, like all first generation Bahá’ís, will actually differ from a number of second or subsequent generation Bahá’ís. So in a manner of speaking, in their eyes it is perfectly acceptable for them to ask you to change your culture, but not for you to ask them to do the same. I hope you can see the spiritual irony and hypocrisy in taking such a position. This is nothing to do with being a Sikh, but rather in not being a second or subsequent generation Bahá’í yourself. It can make you much more prone to feeling like a second class Bahá’í. This is why it is so important to be true to yourself, rather than trying to live within the spiritual constraints others might seek to impose upon you.

In India the Bahá’ís from Sikh decent still practice their cultural traditions, as indeed they should. In the end majestic courage maketh the man and this is also about learning how to live through loss too. So I will leave you with this thought. Become true to yourself and learn to become stronger in the process. That way when your character attracts the right woman to you, which it will, you will be grateful for being authentic to your character, culture and spiritual values. Your children will be grateful for this too because it will help them not to make the same mistake others have been making with you.

“Mount your steeds, O heroes of God!”

Earth

Nov 2015
Canada
@Earth @tonyfish58 Thank you both for your kind words. Tony, you're very right in what you say in facing things like this. I see everything in life as an opportunity to grow and learn. And you know Earth, what you said definitely stuck with me, because when I was 17 and discovered the Baha'i Faith when I was in high school still I was in a very different place and had no confidence in myself. Now it is quite the opposite and I trust myself and let myself be who I am. So thank you as well for what have said since it seems to have resonated with me all that time ago. It also makes sense that each generation of Baha'i's will differ even from things as simple as the Faith getting larger, and many other factors as well. I guess while I have made lots of progress in being true to myself but it's a learning process. Sometimes I have felt excluded or as if there was some division between Sikhs and Baha'i's when really there is nothing separating them but my thoughts. The focus really is on serving God and it took a while of struggling with this Sikh-Baha'i issue for me to realize that. Regardless of if you're Sikh, Baha'i, Jewish, etc, the focus should be on serving God because really, none of them are separate, it's just one beautiful tapestry woven together. I'm still learning that but after I had stopped struggling so much with this issue I definitely had a new understanding. Every day is a new opportunity to grow and learn.

Reactions: tonyfish58 and ams