How are you going?

Dec 2012
Earth
Sometimes I have felt excluded or as if there was some division between Sikhs and Baha'i's when really there is nothing separating them but my thoughts.
If it might help, in 1985 the National Spiritual Assembly of the Bahá'ís of India and the Universal House of Justice issued a statement about Guru Nanak. Elements of this are even cited on the Wikipedia Guru Nanak page. It concluded by stating "The Bahá'ís thus view Guru Nanak as a 'saint of the highest order'". So if you ever find any Bahá'í today that might not be aware of this, please feel free to educate them about the title that the Supreme Institution has chosen to convey upon the Founder of Sikhism.

If it helps my friend, Hartmut Grossman, has written a piece that will help you to better understand what a saint really is in Bahá'í terms.

It therefore goes without question that Guru Nanak holds a very high station. So your thoughts are actually supported by the Universal House of Justice.

Earth

Reactions: tonyfish58
Oct 2019
Vrindavan
I almost left the Baha'i faith a few months ago out of frustration. I very strongly believe in the Sikh Gurus and their teachings and struggled for a long time to find the unity between Baha'i and Sikhi because the Baha'i Faith has practically not mentioned Sikhi whatsoever. I started to feel like I would fit better with Sikhs for various reasons (Like not cutting my hair or reincarnation to name a couple) but at the same time, I did not leave the Baha'i faith because simply put, my belief in Baha'u'llah is unshakeable, and the faith has been confirmed in my heart without any doubts that Baha'u'llah taught the truth. In the end I at least personally found much unity and relief between Sikhi and Baha'i.
Yes, I think that the consideration beyond the words always keeps the basic realization that behind these words lies only one reality, which all systems try to describe through different models. The problem is to find people in the individual directions who share this insight and do not make your heart ache by seeing only the worldly, discriminating side. Because every religion has this material side and when the consciousness of people has not yet reached such a high level, people often only see this side. In the same sense, a compassionate person cannot associate with egoists who exploit other people, because his consciousness reaches beyond himself and always sympathises with the other person.

ams

Nov 2019
Thailand
Hi Saveyist

I almost left the Baha'i faith a few months ago out of frustration. I very strongly believe in the Sikh Gurus and their teachings and struggled for a long time to find the unity between Baha'i and Sikhi because the Baha'i Faith has practically not mentioned Sikhi whatsoever. I started to feel like I would fit better with Sikhs for various reasons (Like not cutting my hair or reincarnation to name a couple) but at the same time, I did not leave the Baha'i faith because simply put, my belief in Baha'u'llah is unshakeable, and the faith has been confirmed in my heart without any doubts that Baha'u'llah taught the truth. In the end I at least personally found much unity and relief between Sikhi and Baha'i.
Concerning reincarnation ... i remember a time in my live... where i was in a simliar situation.

As you sure know, Christianity (my roots)... at least official Christianity... rejects the teaching of reincarnation completely.

But i always (very) believed in it from the first time i heard of it... which was in my childhood.

But Christianity was saying: "NO. Neither Jesus, nor the apostles, nor any one after them... were teaching it, so reincarnation is NOT true."

After a deep research about this topic (Jesus, reincarnation, and the history of Christianity) ... i consider the above claim... as false :fold:

The conflict was over. The conflict was: "Who i am... to know better than Jesus?"

Since then... my mind is in peace... and contains:

"Jesus did not reject Reincarnation. He teached it. Also his first disciples and apostles. But this got lost... even banned... after some centuries"

Last edited:
Sep 2010
Normanton, Far North West Queensland
A thought pondered often these days, as I seem to want to say less and less and at the same time want to offer so much more.

Not sure if it is but me, but I see It is hard to have a conversation on the net where one can offer more, without the result being, that less was best.

It seems that no words can I expound, that now rise above syllables and sound, they seem to be trapped in mind, all too inclined, to dwell upon the dust.

Now, off to work :)

Regards Tony

Reactions: n0thing