How Bahai Prayers Work

Apr 2014
Pennsylvania, USA
I don't know whether to call it truth or just a coincidental parallel in religious ideas, but everything in the article is exactly what I was taught and understood from an early age. It's just that these Bahai writings have a way of putting it beautifully. Short, sweet, and to the point, with really good analogies. :)

Perhaps it's not a matter of being a "christian" that makes one ignorant but how deep and open a person is in his/her prayer life.

Very good article! :yes:

Oct 2011
Quilimari,Chile
I don't know whether to call it truth or just a coincidental parallel in religious ideas, but everything in the article is exactly what I was taught and understood from an early age. It's just that these Bahai writings have a way of putting it beautifully. Short, sweet, and to the point, with really good analogies. :)

Perhaps it's not a matter of being a "christian" that makes one ignorant but how deep and open a person is in his/her prayer life.

Very good article! :yes:
I would agree dear friend no matter what a persons belief, Pray, in the correct manner is beneficial.

Nov 2014
United States
"True prayer is not hocus-pocus. It is not mumbo-jumbo. It is not superstition. It is an act of mental and spiritual concentration, of visualization, of inspiration, of incentive to action, of increasing one’s capacity for accomplishing a goal."

Bahaullah writes in the Tablet of Ahmad in a way that seems to imply that prayer can do more to help a person than just inspire him.

Learn well this Tablet, O Ahmad. Chant it during thy days and withhold not thyself therefrom. For verily, God hath ordained for the one who chants it, the reward of a hundred martyrs and a service in both worlds. These favors have We bestowed upon thee as a bounty on Our part and a mercy from Our presence, that thou mayest be of those who are grateful.

By God! Should one who is in affliction or grief read this Tablet with absolute sincerity, God will dispel his sadness, solve his difficulties and remove his afflictions.

Oct 2014
Stockholm
"Should one who is in affliction or grief read this Tablet with absolute sincerity...."

Well, that's the catch. Is there anyone around who can testify to having experienced a second of "absolute sincerity"?

Best (but never good enough),

from

gnat

Oct 2011
Quilimari,Chile
"Should one who is in affliction or grief read this Tablet with absolute sincerity...."

Well, that's the catch. Is there anyone around who can testify to having experienced a second of "absolute sincerity"?

from

gnat
I would pray so dear friend. loving smile.

Jul 2011
n ireland

from

gnat
I think sincerity is about intent. So when praying if the intention is to communicate with the divine then it's sincere IMHO