How long do you spend on saying prayers each day?

Jul 2014
Texas
How long do you find yourself spending on saying prayers, in terms of minutes or hours, everyday?

Sep 2010
Normanton, Far North West Queensland
How long do you find yourself spending on saying prayers, in terms of minutes or hours, everyday?
Dear Thomas. There is the morning and evening and some time in the night and day that I say Prayers.

To me the time is not bound by a start and end time, it is conditional upon connection and attentiveness. Sometimes these sessions can be for some time, sometimes One Prayer.

It is the quality over quantity that is striven for.

I love the days when the bounty flows and God is in the mind very often, these days are very special.

May your prayers be bountiful and copious ;)

God Bless and Regards Tony

Oct 2014
Stockholm
That is such a good question. Ever tried to follow Bahá'u'lláh's advice to say "Is there any redeemer..." 500 times, in difficult moments? That takes time....

But then there is the issue of prayerfulness. There are moments when feel that my thoughts are prayers that are answered immediately. Then there are times when I say dozens of prayers, but feel that none of them worked.

So, the question somehow is impossible to answer.

gnat

Aug 2014
Blue Planet
I guess I am the one here with least time spending on saying prayers! (this is sad). I want to make it longer but I can't.
I say the long obligatory prayer every evening + 95 Allaho Abha s + (usually) Tablet of Ahmad and some other short prayers which all in all take about 45 minutes.
I do think about GOd, afterlife, sacred texts and etc a lot of times during one day but "saying prayers" is only one time a day to me.
(is prayer in the morning something obligatory?)

Oct 2014
Stockholm
(is prayer in the morning something obligatory?)
Above all, it is what 'Abdu'l-Bahá tells us to do: to remember God as soon as we open our eyes in the morning. I have found that to be good advice. One tends to start thinking about all the problems of life as soon as one awakens (at least I do). Then, I've noticed, it is a good thing to break those trains of thoughts right away. I do it by reciting the short obligatory prayer right away (when I remember to do it).

Best,

from

gnat

Aug 2014
Blue Planet
Above all, it is what 'Abdu'l-Bahá tells us to do: to remember God as soon as we open our eyes in the morning. I have found that to be good advice. One tends to start thinking about all the problems of life as soon as one awakens (at least I do). Then, I've noticed, it is a good thing to break those trains of thoughts right away. I do it by reciting the short obligatory prayer right away (when I remember to do it).

Best,

from

gnat
thank you for the good advice :)

Oct 2011
Quilimari,Chile
Dear Thomas so wonderful to see you visit with us.

But the question is a very private matter is it not?

I find that Tony and gnat have answered for me. I tend to think/talk in my mind often to God, mostly in praise and thankfulness. Sadly I find I am praying less maybe these days, so tired and tend to take many naps.
But I know that prayer has been my lifeline so to speak, always brings me joy and comfort.
For I know that God hears all, He knows the words of our heart even before we speak I believe.
But He needs to know of our sincerety, our aknowledgement of our need, this I beleive is most important to what we receive from Him in return.

Loving regards dear Thomas, you your mother and family always in my thoughts and prayers.

bill

Nov 2012
Florida
It's not the quantity but the quality. :)

"To chant but one verse with joy and gladness is better for you than reading all the Revelations of the Omnipotent God with carelessness. Chant the Tablets of God in such measure that ye be not overtaken with fatigue and depression. Burden not the soul so as to cause exhaustion and languour, but rather refresh it that thus it may soar on the wings of Revelation to the Dawning-place of proofs. This brings you nearer to God, were ye of those who understand."—Baha'u'llah, Kitáb-i-Aqdas

Jul 2014
colorado/summer-Oklahoma/winter
Its never the same amount of time, is it? And its always more than the law.....like Bill says, how often do you speak with God during a day....too many times to count and who can remember. A single heartfelt word can mean more than countless prayers. Countless prayers, heartfelt, mean everything. No right or wrong answer here brother Thomas!
Warmest regards,
Becky

Last edited: