I can't get my life back

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
Baha'u'llah has said to associate with like minded souls, as association with the darkness feeds the darkness. Slowly but surely the darkness can extinguish the light.
Can you tell me where He said that? I am in need of it right now. :eek:

Actually, associating with atheists is the very least of my problems right now, but it might be adding to my problems. Just when I need God's help most, I feel myself agreeing with them about how bad God is, how God is not good for anything. Listening to this day in and day out, it takes a toll on my soul. :(

I do not know if God forgives me for the things I say to and about Him, but He would know what I am thinking anyway. :rolleyes:

Sep 2010
Normanton Far North Queensland
Can you tell me where He said that? I am in need of it right now. :eek:

Actually, associating with atheists is the very least of my problems right now, but it might be adding to my problems. Just when I need God's help most, I feel myself agreeing with them about how bad God is, how God is not good for anything. Listening to this day in and day out, it takes a toll on my soul. :(

I do not know if God forgives me for the things I say to and about Him, but He would know what I am thinking anyway. :rolleyes:
It is a tricky subject, I have not found like minded used in any writings of Bab, Baha'u'llah of Abdul'baha.

These Hidden Words were my thought;

"O FRIEND! In the garden of thy heart plant naught but the rose of love, and from the nightingale of affection and desire loosen not thy hold. Treasure the companionship of the righteous and eschew all fellowship with the ungodly." Baha'u'llah : The Persian Hidden Words

"O SON OF DUST! Beware! Walk not with the ungodly and seek not fellowship with him, for such companionship turneth the radiance of the heart into infernal fire." Baha'u'llah : The Persian Hidden Words

Thus these passages are open for thoughts,

Also He says: "The company of the wicked ones increaseth sorrow, and the association with the pious ones removeth rust from the heart. The one who desires to associate with God, let him associate with His friends; the one who wishes to hear the Words of God, let him hear the words of His chosen ones." Also He says: "Do not associate with the wicked, because the company of the wicked changeth the light of life into the fire of remorse. If thou asketh for the bounties of the Holy Spirit, associate with the pure ones, because they have quaffed the eternal chalice from the hands of the Cupbearer of eternity." Abdu'l-Baha : Baha'i World Faith - Abdu'l-Baha Section

Thus who are the wicked? More than likely this would more refer to covenant breakers and not those that choose to be an Atheist;

"..In short, from these Holy Utterances and those of His Holiness Christ, it becomes clear, evident and proved, that man should associate with people who are firm in the Covenant and Testament, and befriend the pure ones; because bad associates bring about infection of bad qualities. It is like leprosy; it is impossible for a man to associate and befriend a leper and not be infected. This command is for the sake of protection and to safeguard....' Abdu'l-Baha : Baha'i World Faith - Abdu'l-Baha Section

Follow your heart Trailblazer, when we ask God with our heart, the journey is guided and all that happens has a wisdom.

Regards Tony

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
It is a tricky subject, I have not found like minded used in any writings of Bab, Baha'u'llah of Abdul'baha.

These Hidden Words were my thought;

"O FRIEND! In the garden of thy heart plant naught but the rose of love, and from the nightingale of affection and desire loosen not thy hold. Treasure the companionship of the righteous and eschew all fellowship with the ungodly." Baha'u'llah : The Persian Hidden Words

"O SON OF DUST! Beware! Walk not with the ungodly and seek not fellowship with him, for such companionship turneth the radiance of the heart into infernal fire." Baha'u'llah : The Persian Hidden Words

Thus these passages are open for thoughts,

Also He says: "The company of the wicked ones increaseth sorrow, and the association with the pious ones removeth rust from the heart. The one who desires to associate with God, let him associate with His friends; the one who wishes to hear the Words of God, let him hear the words of His chosen ones." Also He says: "Do not associate with the wicked, because the company of the wicked changeth the light of life into the fire of remorse. If thou asketh for the bounties of the Holy Spirit, associate with the pure ones, because they have quaffed the eternal chalice from the hands of the Cupbearer of eternity." Abdu'l-Baha : Baha'i World Faith - Abdu'l-Baha Section

Thus who are the wicked? More than likely this would more refer to covenant breakers and not those that choose to be an Atheist;

"..In short, from these Holy Utterances and those of His Holiness Christ, it becomes clear, evident and proved, that man should associate with people who are firm in the Covenant and Testament, and befriend the pure ones; because bad associates bring about infection of bad qualities. It is like leprosy; it is impossible for a man to associate and befriend a leper and not be infected. This command is for the sake of protection and to safeguard....' Abdu'l-Baha : Baha'i World Faith - Abdu'l-Baha Section

Follow your heart Trailblazer, when we ask God with our heart, the journey is guided and all that happens has a wisdom.

Regards Tony
Thanks for the quotes Tony.... This gives me something to think on and perhaps also pray on.
Susan

Sep 2010
Thanks for the quotes Tony.... This gives me something to think on and perhaps also pray on.
Susan
Susan, thought you would like this quote from Abdul'baha;

“Look at me. All my thoughts are centered around the proclamation of the Kingdom.... I have a Lamp in my hand searching through the lands and seas to find souls who can become heralds of the Cause. Day and night I am engaged in this work.… Convey the message! Attract the hearts! Sow the seeds! Teach the Cause to those who do not know. Now is the time of laying the foundation. Now we must gather brick, stone, wood, iron, and other building materials! This is not the time of decoration. We must strive day and night and think and work. What can I say that may become effective? What can I do that may bring results? What can I write that may bring forth fruits? Nothing else will be useful, today. The interests of such a Glorious Cause will not advance without undivided attention. While we are carrying this load we cannot carry any other load!”

Regards Tony

Aug 2014
Blue Planet
Allaho Abha Trailbazer

I understand how you feel. I do not want to tell you things like I am a know-it-all. I would just tell you one or two things I feel in my heart. one is that, I have learnt good things from your posts until now. Recently, I'd been unable to come here because of the filtering problems, but I know whenever I came, I was happy to see your posts, and I know some other members here feel the same, so your efforts are not THAT fruitless.
The second thing is, MAYBE you've been making an effort in a wrong place. We have the saying that goes "do not speak until there is a receptive ear" and "do not cast your pearls in front of the pigs" because if you do that, you lose a lot of energy, and you receive no signs of progression, and the lack of energy will frustrate you more and more each day. Some people's hearts and ears are sealed by God; you cannot help everyone.
I could add to my list a little more, but I am not very knowledgeable. I mostly speak what comes to my heart. Just know that I've experienced the same kind of frustration, very intensely, for different reasons, and what I can say, from personal experience is, there is an end to all things. The time that seems to be the darkest, is the nearest to the dawn; seems a bit of a cliche, but it is true, I guarantee ;)

Sep 2010
Allaho Abha Trailbazer

I understand how you feel. I do not want to tell you things like I am a know-it-all. I would just tell you one or two things I feel in my heart. one is that, I have learnt good things from your posts until now. Recently, I'd been unable to come here because of the filtering problems, but I know whenever I came, I was happy to see your posts, and I know some other members here feel the same, so your efforts are not THAT fruitless.
The second thing is, MAYBE you've been making an effort in a wrong place. We have the saying that goes "do not speak until there is a receptive ear" and "do not cast your pearls in front of the pigs" because if you do that, you lose a lot of energy, and you receive no signs of progression, and the lack of energy will frustrate you more and more each day. Some people's hearts and ears are sealed by God; you cannot help everyone.
I could add to my list a little more, but I am not very knowledgeable. I mostly speak what comes to my heart. Just know that I've experienced the same kind of frustration, very intensely, for different reasons, and what I can say, from personal experience is, there is an end to all things. The time that seems to be the darkest, is the nearest to the dawn; seems a bit of a cliche, but it is true, I guarantee ;)
It is oh so great to see you back maryamr, I always hope it is a connection problem in your absence. The world is now changing fast and you will always be in our hearts.

Regards Tony

Aug 2014
Blue Planet
It is oh so great to see you back maryamr, I always hope it is a connection problem in your absence. The world is now changing fast and you will always be in our hearts.

Regards Tony
Allaho Abha Tony and thanks a lot.
Yes, it is almost always a connection problem. my proxies keep having all sorts of problems :D but also, a few months ago, one of the people whom I'd made familiar with the faith was arrested; His house was taken from him and his family were really scared. So it was better for all of us to not show up for a while. But no worries, because now it seems like all things have fallen into place again :)
after all, whether I am here or not, I always think of this place as a room with many lovely people. It is my joy to see all of you here, always :)

Sep 2010
Allaho Abha Tony and thanks a lot.
Yes, it is almost always a connection problem. my proxies keep having all sorts of problems :D but also, a few months ago, one of the people whom I'd made familiar with the faith was arrested; His house was taken from him and his family were really scared. So it was better for all of us to not show up for a while. But no worries, because now it seems like all things have fallen into place again :)
after all, whether I am here or not, I always think of this place as a room with many lovely people. It is my joy to see all of you here, always :)
Allah'u'abha and that was indeed an event of concern, it is great all is in place again. 😊

The promise of Baha'u'llah is that just rule will be the bounty of the long suffering. It appears a climax in the world affairs is gaining momentum.

Sorry off to work, be happy be well and look forward to your input always.

Regards Tony