I'd like to become a Baha'i...maybe

Sep 2011
Chicago, IL, USA
Welcome friend as just one freak to another :)

May you always look to the word of God for direction and inspiration, not to those around you.

May I correctly assume you are also tattooed?

Yes, I look to GOD for inspiration and direction. I learned to do that the hard way. <ow> I am grateful to have the writings of Baha'u'llah! :yes:

God bless you! :happy:

Sep 2010
United Kingdom
First of all, thank you for your kind replies! :wave:

After some reading, asking questions, and listening to my heart, I have become a Baha'i. I registered yesterday (10.02) at the House of Worship in Wilmette, IL. :yes:

:woohoo:

I'm quite happy! :bump:

Congratulatons! :D

"Nothing is so intrinsically a matter of free will as religion", said the Church Father Lactantius, and so I rejoice when I see a person who has the courage to follow the dictates of his conscience!

God Bless you dear brother. The Wilmette Temple is a stunning piece of architecture - I've always wanted to visit it! You must feel so privileged! :D

Sep 2011
Chicago, IL, USA
My Dear Yeshua:
Thank you for your kind words!
And btw, I am a *woman*, so you can call me "sister"! :noob:

Mar 2010
Rockville, MD, USA
Faith, be sure to remember the date and time you declared: I'm sure you'll want to remember it in years to come!

Best! :)

Bruce

Sep 2011
Chicago, IL, USA
Oh, yes, aidan, I'm quite glad to be a Baha'i! Reading Baha'u'llah's Writings and praying the Baha'i prayers warms my heart!
One day, when I have a spare $97, I'd loooove to buy the prayer beads called "God loves laughter"! Those sing to my childlike heart! &#9829;
I have Sunday 2 October 2011 engraved on my heart forever, Bruce! :yes:

Jul 2011
n ireland
Oh, yes, aidan, I'm quite glad to be a Baha'i! Reading Baha'u'llah's Writings and praying the Baha'i prayers warms my heart!
One day, when I have a spare $97, I'd loooove to buy the prayer beads called "God loves laughter"! Those sing to my childlike heart! &#9829;
I have Sunday 2 October 2011 engraved on my heart forever, Bruce! :yes:
Do what I used to to do sls,drop some heavy hints b4 christmas!

Sep 2011
Chicago, IL, USA
Do what I used to to do sls,drop some heavy hints b4 christmas!
Unfortunately, that is not possible. I don't have a family anymore. I have lots of relatives, but they want nothing to do with me. My parents are deceased, and my brother (my only sibling) & I are not on speaking terms for several years. I attempted contact with him last year concerning our mother's passing, but nothing came of it. My other relatives look down upon me cuz I'm not perfect like them, so we haven't been in contact for many years. I've given up on ever being "family" ever again. On Facebook, I do have my maiden name listed in case some relative searches for me (HA! if that ever happens!), though I had legally changed my last name two years ago.
Forget hinting to friends. The only Baha'i friends I have are here and on Facebook. The few friends I have in person are either poor or not Baha'i-friendly. I am virtually ALONE. I try to get used to it, but it still hurts. :sad:
C'est la vie! :neutral:

Sep 2010
Louisiana
Are you too far away?

Are you too far away to go to different parts of Chicago where there are BAha'is? CP

Sep 2011
Chicago, IL, USA
No, I'm not too far. I rely on the CTA (public transportation). As long as it takes no more than 1.5 hours to get to a place I'm fine. Someone on Facebook is looking for folks for me in Chicago, and I am now in contact with a Chicago Baha'i. I guess I need patience and perserverance, eh! :shake:

Oh, Lord, grant me patience!

AND MAKE IT RIGHT NOW! :p