If someone left the faith on two separate occasions can they still rejoin?

May 2017
United States
If someone leaves the Baha'i faith on two separate occasions due to various issues, if they decide to rejoin, will they be accepted a third time?

Jul 2017
Kettering, Ohio USA
No matter how many times they leave the Baha'i Faith they will be allowed to rejoin, I would think. Why wouldn't they?

Reactions: tonyfish58
Sep 2010
Normanton, Far North West Queensland
If someone leaves the Baha'i faith on two separate occasions due to various issues, if they decide to rejoin, will they be accepted a third time?
Yes if there are no administrative restrictions one had to address.

Regards Tony

Sep 2010
How long will it take to officially be reinstated? I never had any administrative restrictions?
You have to go through your local spiritual assembly. If you do not have a local spiritual assembly yet, there will be a contact for your area.

Depending what country you live in, you will be able to find a link to a contact that can progress your request.

As you are in US, you could use this link

https://www.bahai.us/contact/become-a-bahai/

I wish you all the best.

Regards Tony

May 2017
United States
You have to go through your local spiritual assembly. If you do not have a local spiritual assembly yet, there will be a contact for your area.

Depending what country you live in, you will be able to find a link to a contact that can progress your request.

As you are in US, you could use this link

https://www.bahai.us/contact/become-a-bahai/

I wish you all the best.

Regards Tony
I contacted the NSA of the US. They said it was a process. I'm going to talk with the LSA of Chattanooga to see if that speeds it up.

I'm Spiritually in, as in I say the prayers, read the scriptures, and am going back to services at my local Baha'i center again. I'm just waiting for it to be official.

Sep 2010
I contacted the NSA of the US. They said it was a process. I'm going to talk with the LSA of Chattanooga to see if that speeds it up.

I'm Spiritually in, as in I say the prayers, read the scriptures, and am going back to services at my local Baha'i center again. I'm just waiting for it to be official.
Yes, you will also get a Baha'i ID card. I guess these days the wheels turn slower. ?

If you get a chance, go on pilgrimage as soon as you can. There is no better experience and each person benefits in some way from this experience.

Regards Tony

May 2017
United States
Yes, you will also get a Baha'i ID card. I guess these days the wheels turn slower. ?

If you get a chance, go on pilgrimage as soon as you can. There is no better experience and each person benefits in some way from this experience.

Regards Tony
The first time I rejoined I had my ID card so I was instantly let back in. Now I don't have a card so they don't have the appropriate information. That's why it seems to be taking longer.

Sep 2010
The first time I rejoined I had my ID card so I was instantly let back in. Now I don't have a card so they don't have the appropriate information. That's why it seems to be taking longer.
I wish you well and hope you get a pilgrimage sometime soon.

It is good to remember that Faith is a series of Crisis and Victories. We are always tested in faith and as long as we know this, no event in our life can overcome that faith.

If you have not read about this, this link is to a compilation on Crisis and Victory;

Crisis and Victory

If you need a chat, we are here to help each other.

All the best, regards Tony