I'm new here

Aug 2018
New Zealand
Hi,
My name is Adrian. I'm from New Zealand and I've been a Baha'i for nearly 30 years.

My friend Tony from Australia recommended this site. I thought I would check it out.

I never used to spend much time online and I'm busy with working in medicine and with a family.

I have been active on another forum though called religious forums.

https://www.religiousforums.com/

I'm currently trying to learn more about Islam and from there hope to move onto Buddhism.

Anyway, thought I would say hello and check out a Baha'i Forum.

Best Wishes
Adrian

May 2018
New Zealand
Haere mai :)

Nice to see another Kiwi here !

I'm not a Baha'i (yet) I'm still investigating.. also interested in learning about other religions :)

Cheers,
Traveller

Aug 2018
New Zealand

I'm not a Baha'i (yet) I'm still investigating.. also interested in learning about other religions :)

Cheers,
Traveller
Kia ora Traveller,

Kei te Pehea koe? The world is a small place. Nice to hear from another Kiwi.

It is good to know what waka you want to journey on. I had come from a Christian background, then explored other faiths and no faith. After a few years searching I prayed for guidance and soon found myself coming in contact with the Baha'i Faith. After 8 months I thought I would hop aboard and check it out.

How is your search going?

Sep 2010
Earth
Great to see you here Adrian. Good on you ;)

I welcome your input, there has been a few Muslims drop by time and again.

Look forward to a chat or two.

Regards Tony

Aug 2018
New Zealand
Great to see you here Adrian. Good on you ;)

I welcome your input, there has been a few Muslims drop by time and again.

Look forward to a chat or two.

Regards Tony
Hi Tony,

Good to be here. It’s nice to be on a Baha’i Forum again.

Before I started on RF nearly two years ago I had previously been on two other Religious discussion groups and they were both Baha’i groups. The first was a now infamous group called Talisman back in 1996. That became a vehicle for s number of disaffected Baha’is. Two of those members were part of my local community and one later had her membership removed in 2000. I was on the group for less than a year but later became appointed as an assistant for protection soon after Alison’s membership was removed. It was a challenging role during a challenging time for our community and assembly to put it mildly.

The second time round was on a group bahaisoc or something similar back in 2005. It all seemed a little inward looking at the time and after less than a year I moved on.

Being on RF has been amazing for me personally as it’s been an opportunity to both learn about different faiths as well as teaching about the Baha’i Faith.There is of course a great deal of antipathy towards many on the group towards religion generally and the Abrahamic Faiths specifically.

Thanks for letting me know about this group. I look forward to having a new and hopefully better experience with this forum.

Let’s see what unfolds lol

Best Wishes
Adrian

Sep 2010
Earth
Hi Tony,

Good to be here. It’s nice to be on a Baha’i Forum again.

Before I started on RF nearly two years ago I had previously been on two other Religious discussion groups and they were both Baha’i groups. The first was a now infamous group called Talisman back in 1996. That became a vehicle for s number of disaffected Baha’is. Two of those members were part of my local community and one later had her membership removed in 2000. I was on the group for less than a year but later became appointed as an assistant for protection soon after Alison’s membership was removed. It was a challenging role during a challenging time for our community and assembly to put it mildly.

The second time round was on a group bahaisoc or something similar back in 2005. It all seemed a little inward looking at the time and after less than a year I moved on.

Being on RF has been amazing for me personally as it’s been an opportunity to both learn about different faiths as well as teaching about the Baha’i Faith.There is of course a great deal of antipathy towards many on the group towards religion generally and the Abrahamic Faiths specifically.

Thanks for letting me know about this group. I look forward to having a new and hopefully better experience with this forum.

Let’s see what unfolds lol

Best Wishes
Adrian
Adrian, that is some journey, I became a Baha'i in a community in Australia that had a covenant breaker. Quite a blessing as the first thing we were deepened in was the covernant. There is no stronger foundation.

RF was a good learning place, the way I am with english is too abrupt with a lot of people, I have found ;). I get the boot from many if those debate forums. I really try not to be so.

Maryamr can help you with Islam and has great spiritual insight. It has been a great bounty to have her here. Your posts on RF about Islam have been great.

This forum has its challenges and that is that we are the moderators by how we respond to posters that come via this site. In the years I have been here, the bounty to change oneself has been offered constantly.

Regards Tony

Aug 2018
New Zealand
Allaho Abha Adrian

Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy it here and also you can get the information you need.
Hi Maryam and thank you. Nice name and of course the title of one of the 19th Surah of the Qur'an. Tony tells me you know a thing or two about Islam.

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
Hi,
My name is Adrian. I'm from New Zealand and I've been a Baha'i for nearly 30 years.

My friend Tony from Australia recommended this site. I thought I would check it out.

I never used to spend much time online and I'm busy with working in medicine and with a family.

I have been active on another forum though called religious forums.

https://www.religiousforums.com/

I'm currently trying to learn more about Islam and from there hope to move onto Buddhism.

Anyway, thought I would say hello and check out a Baha'i Forum.

Best Wishes
Adrian
So nice to see you here Adrian. :)
I do not post here a lot because I do not have time... I am too busy talking to atheists on RF. :D

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA

Cheers,
Traveller
Are you from New Zealand too?
I am just so jealous.:rolleyes:

I spent about six weeks on vacation in New Zealand back in 1980 and I just loved it.

I know Adrian from Religious Forums. If you want to learn about other religions that is the place to be. I spend most of my time there but it sure is nice to be on a Bahai forum once in a while... I keep thinking I am going to turn into an atheist since those are the only people I talk to anymore. :eek: