In honour of women

Jul 2011
n ireland
Happy Valentines day,belated lol,to all our wonderful ladies. Please post her anything you wish ro honour women:D

Oct 2011
Quilimari,Chile
Native American
First Philosophy - TO THE WOMEN

The cycle of life for the woman is the baby, girl, woman, and grandmother.
These are the four directions of life.
She has been given by natural laws the ability to reproduce life. The most sacred of all things in life.
Therefore, all men should treat her with dignity and respect.
Never was it our way to harm her mentally or physically. Indian men were never abusers. We always treated our women with respect and understanding.
So, from now on,
I will treat women in a sacred manner.
The Creator gave women the responsibility for bringing new life into the world. Life is sacred, so I will look upon women in a sacred manner.
In our traditional ways, the woman is the foundation of the family.
I will work with her to create a home atmosphere of respect, security and harmony.
I will refrain from any form of emotional or physical abuse.
If I have these feelings, I will talk to the Creator for guidance.
I will treat all women as if they were my own female relatives.
This I vow.

Jul 2011
n ireland
Have there ever been any female led societies? There must have been somewhere in history, so many stories of amazons etc

Oct 2011
Quilimari,Chile
Have there ever been any female led societies? There must have been somewhere in history, so many stories of amazons etc
I understand that the Crow tribe of North America were advised by a council of senior women.
Off hand I do not know of any other people.

Oct 2011
Quilimari,Chile
I am rather saddened to not see more male colleges come forth here in this thread with praise of and honour of our women.

I will speak a little of my beloved Grandmother Kathleen Mary Cheshire born in Surry England, died in Wagga Wagga Australia. My beloved spiritual guide and friend.

My grandmother lived many years in Wagga Wagga the largest inland city in New South Wales Australia. I lived with her for some years after leaving school and starting to work for a living. She helped and guided my life, to a degree that thanks is insufficient. To me when I look back she was a great example of a Baha'i life. Although she was a Christian and never heard of the faith, she practiced having a sin covering eye, she never spoke ill of anyone.
She was respected and honoured by people of the city in all walks of life, both high and low. She was called by one and all either "Mum Chesh" or "Mother Cheshire". So many people spoke to her of their troubles in life, to one and all she was a listening ear, never criticizing always giving encouragement and love, I feel very blessed to have known her myself, and still have a photo of her by my computer to remind me of her wise counsel.