Intention for a good deed?

Sep 2017
Earth
'should the fragrance of My good pleasure not be inhaled from him, his works would never be acceptable unto God'

I have read in several places that the good pleasure of God should be our intention and motive for good deeds ..
What does that mean?
what if a deed is done for the sake of the deed?
you help someone because you could help them, but not to please God .. whatever that means?

What is meant that Gods good pleasure should be inhaled from us?

Reactions: tonyfish58
Sep 2010
Normanton, Far North West Queensland
'should the fragrance of My good pleasure not be inhaled from him, his works would never be acceptable unto God'

I have read in several places that the good pleasure of God should be our intention and motive for good deeds ..
What does that mean?
what if a deed is done for the sake of the deed?
you help someone because you could help them, but not to please God .. whatever that means?

What is meant that Gods good pleasure should be inhaled from us?
I see a good deed is the reward for the Love of God and service in His cause.

Thus we thank God for the gift of faith and the opportunity to partake of the rewards of faith, which is selfless service.

In this day Faith is actioned only by the selfless will to do the right thing, not motivated by reward or punishment.

I see this can only be done in rememberance and thanks to God for such a bountiful gift. Getting to this level of servitude is the purpose and aim of our life and it was Abdul'baha.

Regards Tony

Sep 2018
usa
i kinda see it as a moral compass.
my perception of a good deed, might be the opposite of yours.
for example, in the latest avengers movie, thanos believed killing half the worlds population to make a better life for the other half would be a good deed.
but the avengers disagreed with his views.