Interfaith relationship: Bahai and catholic.

Aug 2013
Michigan
"I believe that religious laws, regarding sexual behavior in particular, are supremely misunderstood – especially in the United States. We see them as restrictions on our freedom, as intrusions into our personal lives and as barriers to enjoying life to its fullest. After all, why should God care if I have a little fun?"

As I've said elsewhere, it really shouldn't matter if people are having sex outside or inside of marriage, whatever their orientation, as long as they are not dating or married to other people and are consenting and safe. It's just a matter of simple logic.
It shouldn't matter from a position of judging others, or forcing their behavior into our moral code. this is unacceptable.

But from within our own, personal, moral code (Baha'i and others), this behavior can hurt others - sometimes the very people we "say" we love. If our goal is not to hurt others (or ourselves) and not to put ourselves in a position to do so - than we must consider why these laws exist, and how they protect the emotions and psychological well being of others, and ourselves.

Jun 2014
United States
It shouldn't matter from a position of judging others, or forcing their behavior into our moral code. this is unacceptable.

But from within our own, personal, moral code (Baha'i and others), this behavior can hurt others - sometimes the very people we "say" we love. If our goal is not to hurt others (or ourselves) and not to put ourselves in a position to do so - than we must consider why these laws exist, and how they protect the emotions and psychological well being of others, and ourselves.
Like I said elsewhere, any activity involving other people carries the risk of hurting someone.

Aug 2013
Michigan
Like I said elsewhere, any activity involving other people carries the risk of hurting someone.
It is true.

My goal, as a Baha'i, is to minimize that as much as possible, and to do the exact opposite (help them) as much as possible. This includes the self - bearing in mind that I don't always (often) know what is best for myself.

Jul 2011
n ireland
In a previous life, I was a very promiscuous person. I always ended up hurting the women I had illicit sex with and inevitably suffered major guilt. The most satisfying sex, physically and emotionally, is within a happy marriage. I say this with the authority of personal experience

Jun 2014
United States
In a previous life, I was a very promiscuous person. I always ended up hurting the women I had illicit sex with and inevitably suffered major guilt. The most satisfying sex, physically and emotionally, is within a happy marriage. I say this with the authority of personal experience
When you say previous life, do you just mean your life before you became a Baha'i?

Jul 2011
n ireland
There are some people who believe in reincarnation, Baha'is do not. However I feel that I've undergone a living reincarnation at the hands of God

Oct 2011
Quilimari,Chile
There are some people who believe in reincarnation, Baha'is do not. However I feel that I've undergone a living reincarnation at the hands of God
And I also dear aidan.

I have sometimes spoken of different lives in my past, more than one, but of course only as a figure of speech, certainly not believing in reincarnation as some do. Makes me wonder the people who believe in reincarnation being followers of ancient religions the strong possibility of their over centuries misunderstanding there own teachings is great.

As to be re-born is as you and I understand, we die to the old life and are re-born a new creation.

Loving regards

Sep 2010
Earth
Well yeah, could you tell me the punishment for adultery/fornifcation would be
Dear Friend may I suggest if someone knows the laws and acts against them, the punishment is something you will eventually dish out to your self.

To transgress against Gods Laws keeps us bound to our animal nature and away from the Love of God.

One can spend a lifetime wishing that at the time of choice between right and wrong, that one would put the Love of God over the unlawful action. It may be that one may even have an eternity to consider that action.

God Bless and Regards Tony