Introducing Venu - Talking Hinduism, the Baha'i faith and life

Feb 2019
Chicago
John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me. John 1:15

The consciousness of prophet John the Baptist was in tune with the Son (God's Intelligence) centered at the 6th chakra or spiritual eye and could witness or declare from his own intuitive realization that the glory of the Son (God's Intelligence) as manifest in the omnipresence of the Holy Ghost's creative Light energy and also in the divine consciousness he saw incarnate in Jesus. That consciousness was "preferred" in Jesus for he came to fulfill a special dispensation.

Feb 2019
Chicago
And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. John 1:16-17

Those who have realized their son-ship with God receive and reflect the fullness of the Divine Presence. In the sons of God is the fulness of the omnipresent omniscience of the Bliss of Spirit, the complete awareness of the Glory of God within themselves. And "grace for grace" means every goodness is an opening through which the light of God shines. So each time a man practices goodness, he receives a special measure of God's grace.

Feb 2019
Chicago
No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him. - John 1:18

"No man hath seen God at any time" means that a man bound by time and space has never seen God. But in deep meditation when the spiritual eye that is the center of Son (God's Intelligence) opens and man realizes his son-ship with God, his body is seen as a mass of light and all notions of time and space vanish. In such a state man realizes that the Son located in his spiritual eye is declaring the existence of the Father (God). Without such an experience, man would have no proof of God's existence within the temple of his body and since God is essentially changeless Spirit, man's senses that are designed to perceive the ever changing world will never to able to know God. Which is why it is important to meditate, cut off the senses from the outer world and find God inside the bodily temple.

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? - Corinthians 3:16

Feb 2019
Chicago
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name. - John 1:12

The light of God shines equally in all but because of delusive ignorance, all do not receive, reflect it alike. Sunlight falls the same on a lump of coal and a diamond but only the diamond receives and reflects the light in brilliant splendor. The carbon in the coal has the potential to become a diamond. All it requires is conversion under high pressure. So it is said here that everyone can be like Christ - whosoever clarifies his consciousness by moral and spiritual life and especially by the purification of meditation in which rudimentary mortality is sublimed into the soul's perfection in immortality. "Even to them that believe on his name" means when the name of God rouses one's devotion and anchors one's thoughts in Him, it becomes a door to salvation through realization of their son-ship with God. The deeper meaning of "name" is a reference to the Word or AUM. "Believe on his name" means to commune with the Word or AUM in meditation. Since the human body came out of the Word or AUM as mentioned earlier, when by meditation the life force is withdrawn from the senses and the ears no longer hear the physical sounds, man can hear AUM or the Word vibrating through out his being. When one has such an experience, he is on his way to becoming a Son of God. More information can be found in Hindu treatise on Yoga - Patanjali Yoga Sutras.

Aug 2018
New Zealand
Thank you for sharing your perspectives on some of the esoteric meanings of Biblical verses. The interpretation you provide give insights into Hindu thought and that is why I started this thread.

Perhaps the greatest challenge is to convince Westerners that Jesus who taught an almost exclusively Jewish audience building on the Hebrew Bible and the accumulated wisdom over 1,500 was in fact teaching them what was being taught in India. If it were the Teachings of Buddha in India 2,500 years such a narrative would be easier to accept.

You may be right and Jesus really was Teaching through the Hebrew scriptures the wisdom of the Hindu sages and the Eternal Dharma, but that's not how the disciples and apostles understood the message if what we know about the early Christian writers is anything to go by.

Feb 2019
Chicago
Thank you for sharing your perspectives on some of the esoteric meanings of Biblical verses. The interpretation you provide give insights into Hindu thought and that is why I started this thread.

Perhaps the greatest challenge is to convince Westerners that Jesus who taught an almost exclusively Jewish audience building on the Hebrew Bible and the accumulated wisdom over 1,500 was in fact teaching them what was being taught in India. If it were the Teachings of Buddha in India 2,500 years such a narrative would be easier to accept.

You may be right and Jesus really was Teaching through the Hebrew scriptures the wisdom of the Hindu sages and the Eternal Dharma, but that's not how the disciples and apostles understood the message if what we know about the early Christian writers is anything to go by.
I hope the information I shared was helpful. Jesus was missing from Israel for 18 years from age 12 to 30. His ministry actually lasted only 3 years from 30 to 33. Where was Jesus from age 12 to 30. Those years are referred to in the Christian world as the lost years of Jesus Christ. Did you ever wonder how Jesus born in to Judaism which does not have a formal monastic order, started a monastic order to spread his teachings which continues to this day. The middle eastern religions including the Bahai faith and Islam do not have monastic orders but the religions of India like Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism have formal monastic orders.

When I have more time, I will share more information on the esoteric truths of the Bible from a Hindu perspective. The formation of Kundalini energy at the base of the spine has actually got to do with the creation of the human body. After human conception, it starts from the brain region and comes down building the chakras and spinal cord and settles at the base of the spine. The intelligent energy from the chakras in turn guides the creation of other organs in the body. It is very detailed and quite interesting. So when the soul wants to get out the body and reunite with God, all it needs to do is raise up the Kundalini and withdraw the consciousness from the body to realize son-ship with God. This truth was taught by all prophets of God who reunited their souls with God - that is became Sons of God through personal efffort and realization. Normally, in male dominated societies, man derives his identity from his earthly father (son of Man). But every son of Man can become the Son of God. Since Jesus was talking to the Jewish leader, he specifically mentions the Jewish prophet Moses raising the Serpent so that the son of Man can become Son of God. Otherwise, in the context of spiritually raising the son of Man, Jesus would have no reason to talk about Moses playing with snakes several centuries earlier.

Feb 2019
Chicago
Adrian,

I found a reference to the serpent in Bahaullah's mystic poetry as well. Just wanted to share it with you since it came up in our discussion.

Tablet of the Deathless Youth by Bahá'u'lláh

This is mention of that which was made manifest in the Year Sixty, in the Days of God, the Powerful, the Help in Peril, the Almighty, the Knower.

When the gates of Paradise swung wide and the Holy Youth came forth, lo! in His hand was a serpent plain!
Rejoice! This is the Deathless Youth, come with a gushing spring.
Upon His face a veil woven by the fingers of power and might.
Rejoice! This is the Deathless Youth, come with a mighty Name.
Upon His head a crown of beauty, light for the people of every heaven, every earth.
Tablet of the Deathless Youth

My interpretation: Bahaullah is referring to Bab as the Deathless Youth who appeared with a serpent in his hand. Now of all the creatures that God created why would Bab have a preference for the serpent which is a venomous creature. Serpent in the hand is an allegorical reference to the Bab being a master at raising the Kundalini energy. When it is raised all the way to the top of the spinal cord, the crown chakra in the brain which has a thousand petals or rays of energy is fully illuminated and that's the crown Bahaullah is referring to in the last line I highlighted in bold. He is saying Bab is a fully illumined prophet whose wisdom is a guiding light to people living in spiritual darkness. Literally speaking, the crown can never radiate light and in any case, Bab did not play the role of a prince or king. I don't think Bab ever wore a physical crown.

-Venu