Introducing Vinayaka

Sep 2010
Normanton Far North Queensland
As I indicated in the other thread, and in this one, there are many views within Hinduism, and some folks feel their view is the only view. I'm certainly not about to enter some debate with another Hindu on a Baha'i forum. It;s simply not the reason I came here.
I thank you for taking the time to give your view. I have learnt a lot from your input and I thank you for persisting.

Regards Tony

Feb 2019
Chicago
As I indicated in the other thread, and in this one, there are many views within Hinduism, and some folks feel their view is the only view. I'm certainly not about to enter some debate with another Hindu on a Baha'i forum. It;s simply not the reason I came here.
Vinayaka,

Please continue to express your views. I appreciate your input and I am not interested in a debate either. But Hinduism is a misunderstood religion in the West. So I think it would also help if the views that are being expressed are supported by quotes from scriptures or Hindu avatars and rishis like Krishna or Swami Sivananda. Sometimes the mainstream view may not be correct as in Mohammed being the final prophet of God which is pretty much the standard view in Islam but Mohammed himself never made that claim.

He is One without a second - Chandogya Upanishad 6:2:1

Of Him there are neither parents nor Lord - Svetasvatara Upanishad - 6:9

Apr 2019
Canada
To the Bahai's who invited me here ... Thank you for that. I do hope that someone learned something from the responses. But it seems the purpose has been derailed so I will be taking my leave. If you sincerely feel any need to understand Hinduism better, there are lots of resources on-line, and many communities have Hindu temples in them, where you could find someone to discuss stuff with you.

Take care.

Aum

Sep 2010
Normanton Far North Queensland
To the Bahai's who invited me here ... Thank you for that. I do hope that someone learned something from the responses. But it seems the purpose has been derailed so I will be taking my leave. If you sincerely feel any need to understand Hinduism better, there are lots of resources on-line, and many communities have Hindu temples in them, where you could find someone to discuss stuff with you.

Take care.

Aum
Thank you for making the effort, it was never going to be easy for you to post here. It was great you called by and we will always learn as we share the best faith and life has to offer.

So Take care Vinayaka, you know we will always wish you well and happy and that you are welcome here anytime.

If you come by and see an error posted about the Hindu Faith, please feel free to add your input.

Aum

Regards Tony

Aug 2018
New Zealand

Take care.

Aum
Thanks again Vinayaka for stepping out and assisting with us learn more about Hinduism. It was excellent to have you here if even for a short time. You are always welcome.

Best Wishes

Aum

Adrian

Feb 2019
Chicago

Take care.

Aum
I am truly sorry to see you leave. Spiritual truth can often times be contradictory. We can always state our views backed by appropriate references and leave it at that without getting in to a debate. I hope you will come back and continue to contribute. My best wishes are with you.

Dec 2012
Earth
Greetings Vinayaka,

You wrote:

Hello and thank you for the question.
I was born and raised on a mixed farm in rural Canada, so was in nature a lot. My parents were agnostic/atheist, (soft atheists) so I had no religion at all. For a long time I didn't realise there was such a thing as religion. Then, at about age 14, I had a mystical experience while driving a farm machine. Still didn't know anything about religion.
Then, a few years later, I came upon a statue of Siva Nataraja (google it if you're unsure) in a store. It attracted me like nothing else ever had before. I bought it and set up a small simple shrine.
At age 20 I went with a couple of friends to see a Hindu Guru, and he turned out to be my Guru. His name was Sivaya Subramuniyswami, (passed in 2001, but His successor is now my Guru) and then that got the ball really rolling, so to speak. Over the next 5 years, I learned about Saivite Hinduism, (specifically monistic Saiva Siddhanta) and discovered that there was an explanation to all those previous experiences I'd had, and to life in general. Since then, to use a common phrase, it's been a work in progress.
Thank you, that is really interesting. I once met a Buddhist who became attracted to Buddhism through a meditation prayer devise that was simply held in the hand. He let me handle it for a while and to be honest it had a enormous power of attraction on me too. So your natural attraction to the statue of Siva Nataraja makes perfect sense to me.

Striving to embrace the oneness of God is most certainly a meritorious act. Here is wishing you well on the path.

Earth