is there proof of manifestations ?

Sep 2010
Normanton Far North Queensland
Is there any proof that manifestations of God exist? Also how do know that they were appointed by God?
Great to see you here Alex.

We are ask by the Manifestation to look at their person and their lives to see that what they speak is the Truth. They are the first to live the Message they are given by God as they are born of the Holy Spirit.

Thus from a young age they will show great qualities and have extraordinary knowledge.

Thus for Baha'u'llah we have many stories of His life before He gave the Message He was entrusted that we can read.

Regards Tony

May 2013
forest falls california
Is there any proof that manifestations of God exist? Also how do know that they were appointed by God?
The Verses are the proofs, as light is proof of the sun. So there must be a source of light.
If we examine the verses of God, if our eyes are mature, we shall know
It actually becomes obvious in time.

He is God, the Supreme Ruler, the Sovereign Truth, He Whose help is implored by all.

Glorified is He to Whom pertaineth the dominion of the heavens and of the earth, in Whose hand lieth the kingdom of all created things and unto Whom shall all return. It is He Who setteth the measure assigned to each and every thing and revealeth His goodly gifts and blessings in His sacred Book for the benefit of those who offer gratitude for His Cause.

Say, this earthly life shall come to an end, and everyone shall expire and return unto my Lord God Who will reward with the choicest gifts the deeds of those who endure with patience. Verily thy God assigneth the measure of all created things as He willeth, by virtue of His behest; and those who conform to the good-pleasure of your Lord, they are indeed among the blissful.

Thy Lord hath never raised up a prophet in the past who failed to summon the people to His Lord, and today is truly similar to the times of old, were ye to ponder over the verses revealed by God.

When God sent forth His Prophet Muḥammad, on that day the termination of the prophetic cycle was foreordained in the knowledge of God. Yea, that promise hath indeed come true and the decree of God hath been accomplished as He hath ordained. Assuredly we are today living in the Days of God. These are the glorious days on the like of which the sun hath never risen in the past.

These are the days which the people in bygone times eagerly expected. What hath then befallen you that ye are fast asleep? These are the days wherein God hath caused the Day-Star of Truth to shine resplendent. What hath then caused you to keep your silence? These are the appointed days which ye have been yearningly awaiting in the past—the days of the advent of divine justice. Render ye thanks unto God, O ye concourse of believers.

Let not the deeds of those who reject the Truth shut you out as by a veil. Such people have warrant over your bodies only, and God hath not reposed in them power over your spirits, your souls and your hearts. Fear ye God that haply it may be well with you.

All things have been created for your sakes, and for the sake of naught else hath your creation been ordained. Fear ye God and take heed lest forms and apparels debar you from recognizing Him. Render ye thanksgiving unto God that perchance He may deal mercifully with you.

This mortal life is sure to perish; its pleasures are bound to fade away and ere long ye shall return unto God, distressed with pangs of remorse, for presently ye shall be roused from your slumber, and ye shall soon find yourselves in the presence of God and will be asked of your doings.

Say, how dare ye flagrantly deny the verses sent down from the heaven of justice, yet ye read the Books of God revealed in the past? How do ye repudiate the meeting with your Lord which was appointed with you aforetime, and fail in this Day to heed His warning?

Indeed, by adhering to forms and by following the promptings of your selfish desires, ye have deprived yourselves of the good-pleasure of your Lord, except those whom their Lord hath endowed with knowledge and who in this Day render thanks unto Him for the bounty of being identified with the true Faith of God. Therefore announce ye the Message unto those who manifest virtue and teach them the ways of the One True God, that haply they may comprehend.

Withhold thy tongue from uttering that which might grieve thee and beseech God for mercy. Verily He is fully cognizant of the righteous, for He is with such of His servants as truly believe in Him, and He is not unaware of the actions of the mischief-makers, inasmuch as nothing whatever in the heavens or on the earth can escape His knowledge.

These verses, clear and conclusive, are a token of the mercy of thy Lord and a source of guidance for all mankind. They are a light unto those who believe in them and a fire of afflictive torment for those who turn away and reject them.

Selections from the Writings of the Bab, page 217

Jun 2014
Wisconsin
I'm not sure the proofs any individual has found can be shared with others. I know my own proofs cannot be shared. I think each must find their own.

Feb 2019
Canada
Dear knowledgeable and scholar friends, I enjoyed your thoughtful responses, I learned and agreed with.

Perhaps it was my mistake that I did not enough explained the points of my question in first place.

As you know better than me, in all Holy books of all religions clearly have been mentioned.

A – That, their prophet is the last one and God will not send another spiritual teacher at all.

B – That, Their prophet will come back, Moses with Jehovah, Jesus with Father, And Ghaem or Saheb-e zaman in Islam” to renew and promote that religion in period of certain time.

C – Coming of fake manifestations has been noticed too.

My question is based on above facts: there must be some signs that can only distinguish true prophets from the fake ones, these signs should be the kind that could be found only in all true manifestations.

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
The Verses are the proofs, as light is proof of the sun. So there must be a source of light.
If we examine the verses of God, if our eyes are mature, we shall know
It actually becomes obvious in time.

He is God, the Supreme Ruler, the Sovereign Truth, He Whose help is implored by all.

Glorified is He to Whom pertaineth the dominion of the heavens and of the earth, in Whose hand lieth the kingdom of all created things and unto Whom shall all return. It is He Who setteth the measure assigned to each and every thing and revealeth His goodly gifts and blessings in His sacred Book for the benefit of those who offer gratitude for His Cause.

Say, this earthly life shall come to an end, and everyone shall expire and return unto my Lord God Who will reward with the choicest gifts the deeds of those who endure with patience. Verily thy God assigneth the measure of all created things as He willeth, by virtue of His behest; and those who conform to the good-pleasure of your Lord, they are indeed among the blissful.

Thy Lord hath never raised up a prophet in the past who failed to summon the people to His Lord, and today is truly similar to the times of old, were ye to ponder over the verses revealed by God.

When God sent forth His Prophet Muḥammad, on that day the termination of the prophetic cycle was foreordained in the knowledge of God. Yea, that promise hath indeed come true and the decree of God hath been accomplished as He hath ordained. Assuredly we are today living in the Days of God. These are the glorious days on the like of which the sun hath never risen in the past.

These are the days which the people in bygone times eagerly expected. What hath then befallen you that ye are fast asleep? These are the days wherein God hath caused the Day-Star of Truth to shine resplendent. What hath then caused you to keep your silence? These are the appointed days which ye have been yearningly awaiting in the past—the days of the advent of divine justice. Render ye thanks unto God, O ye concourse of believers.

Let not the deeds of those who reject the Truth shut you out as by a veil. Such people have warrant over your bodies only, and God hath not reposed in them power over your spirits, your souls and your hearts. Fear ye God that haply it may be well with you.

All things have been created for your sakes, and for the sake of naught else hath your creation been ordained. Fear ye God and take heed lest forms and apparels debar you from recognizing Him. Render ye thanksgiving unto God that perchance He may deal mercifully with you.

This mortal life is sure to perish; its pleasures are bound to fade away and ere long ye shall return unto God, distressed with pangs of remorse, for presently ye shall be roused from your slumber, and ye shall soon find yourselves in the presence of God and will be asked of your doings.

Say, how dare ye flagrantly deny the verses sent down from the heaven of justice, yet ye read the Books of God revealed in the past? How do ye repudiate the meeting with your Lord which was appointed with you aforetime, and fail in this Day to heed His warning?

Indeed, by adhering to forms and by following the promptings of your selfish desires, ye have deprived yourselves of the good-pleasure of your Lord, except those whom their Lord hath endowed with knowledge and who in this Day render thanks unto Him for the bounty of being identified with the true Faith of God. Therefore announce ye the Message unto those who manifest virtue and teach them the ways of the One True God, that haply they may comprehend.

Withhold thy tongue from uttering that which might grieve thee and beseech God for mercy. Verily He is fully cognizant of the righteous, for He is with such of His servants as truly believe in Him, and He is not unaware of the actions of the mischief-makers, inasmuch as nothing whatever in the heavens or on the earth can escape His knowledge.

These verses, clear and conclusive, are a token of the mercy of thy Lord and a source of guidance for all mankind. They are a light unto those who believe in them and a fire of afflictive torment for those who turn away and reject them.

Selections from the Writings of the Bab, page 217
Yes, it is as clear as the noonday sun in Arizona to some of us; the question is why others do not see it.
Baha'u'llah had the answer:

“So blind hath become the human heart that neither the disruption of the city, nor the reduction of the mountain in dust, nor even the cleaving of the earth, can shake off its torpor. The allusions made in the Scriptures have been unfolded, and the signs recorded therein have been revealed, and the prophetic cry is continually being raised. And yet all, except such as God was pleased to guide, are bewildered in the drunkenness of their heedlessness!” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 39

“Say: So great is the glory of the Cause of God that even the blind can perceive it, how much more they whose sight is sharp, whose vision is pure. The blind, though unable to perceive the light of the sun, are, nevertheless, capable of experiencing its continual heat. The blind in heart, however, among the people of the Bayán—and to this God is My witness—are impotent, no matter how long the Sun may shine upon them, either to perceive the radiance of its glory, or to appreciate the warmth of its rays.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 106

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
My question is based on above facts: there must be some signs that can only distinguish true prophets from the fake ones, these signs should be the kind that could be found only in all true manifestations.
The scriptures help us a lot in that regard. In every age, only one Prophet (Manifestation of God) fulfills the prophecies of former scriptures that predict the coming of the next Prophet.

So you have to be kind of like a detective. Only one Prophet could have been the Return of Christ and the Messiah prophesied in the Old Testament, because only one Prophet (Manifestation of God) fulfilled all the prophecies.

I suggest you watch this 10 minute video, it is very telling.

Feb 2019
Canada
Dear kind and honorable friends, I read all your comments and agree with them But all was focused on one of Manifestations, we need signs that could agree with all Manifestation that we know.
If we have 10 apples from 10 different part of the world their size, color and tastes could be different but the qualities and smell of all will be the same, if we do the same with cats there are signs that will match with all of them.
The signs for distinguishing the through manifestations must be the kind that no one in this world can have it except true Manifestations

Sep 2018
usa
sorry for my ignorance, but are you talking about some sort of special physical appearance on them?
if thats the question, then the answer is no. there are many accounts where the Manifestations have said "iam the same as you"

i personally believe, if we uncover our inner eyes, and see with eyes of truth and justice. only then, we could clearly distinguish the true manifestations from the false prophets.