Kahlil Gibran's The Prophet

Jun 2014
Wisconsin
Has anyone else seen this movie??

Kahlil Gibran's The Prophet

I watched it recently and it's by far the most Baha'i movie I've ever watched.

It's based on a book which was written by a man who met Abdu'l Baha, and who is believed to have based the book on Abdu'l Baha.

Without spoiling anything, the eponymous Prophet of the movie, Mustafa, seems like he is an amalgam of the Bab, Baha'u'llah, and Abdu'l Baha respectively. It seems clear that, even if the book wasn't directly based on the Abdu'l Baha, inspiration was taken from those three Baha'i figures to characterize the movie version of Mustafa.

I definitely think that it is a movie worth tracking down if you are able!!

Looks like it can be streamed on Amazon Prime at the moment.

Oct 2014
Stockholm
Didn't know there was such a film. Indeed, 'Abdu'l-Bahá is behind it, as the inspiring figure. Ghibran even drew a portrait of the Master.

gnat

P. S. Google "portrait ghibran abdul baha", and you'll see something very strong. Didn't wish to copy anything here - it's simply too strong. But one thing is for sure, Ghibran wasn't a registered Bahá'í, but he absorbed a great deal of the spirit.

Last edited:
Aug 2014
Blue Planet
thank you so much. I will watch it soon ... and by the way, thank you Gnat for telling about the portrait. it is so artistic, so alive.

Mar 2015
Switzerland
Very good movie. Unfortunately I didnt understand every poem because it was in english. But still a must watch for Bahais and spiritual persons, you dont even have to understand the language, because the visuals speak for themselves. The humor was a bit meh but my wife laughed so it wasnt that bad either.

Similiar Baha'i Discussions Forum Date
Baha'i History
Baha'i History