Letters of tyhe Living

Aug 2011
uk
Letters of the Living

Is it true that the Bab in the Ahsan-el- Ghesas first appointed 12 Letters of the Living and then later on in the Bayan increased them to 19? Maybe they were not actually appointed? I have read that Baha’u’llah was the 20th. If this is correct, then Quddus would not be the last Letter of the Living?

Last edited:

Jcc

Mar 2013
Edwardsville, Illinois, USA
Is it true that the Bab in the Ahsan-el- Ghesas first appointed 12 Letters of the Living and then later on in the Bayan increased them to 19? Maybe they were not actually appointed? I have read that Baha’u’llah was the 20th. If this is correct, then Quddus would not be the last Letter of the Living?
According to Nabil, there were 18, including 17 men and one woman that each independently found the Bab or saw Him in a dream, and became followers, during 3 months from June to July 1844. This was long before the Bayan was written. Baha'u'llah became a believer the same year but is not considered one of the letters of the living.

Letters of the Living

May 2013
forest falls california
19th Letter

. I think there is something about the Bab Himself being the 19th Letter. My memory is a little rusty on this. Maybe somebody can help.