Made in the image of God / Humility / Ego

Sep 2017
Earth
If we are to worship God, but our higher self is imade in the image of God, is worshipping the light of God which is reflected in our higher self egotistical? Is God not within us?

Sep 2018
usa
this is just my opinion.
the only being that should be worshiped is god itself.
However, due to the lack of our capacity to truly understand what we are worshiping, we prey to the purest image of god, or its manifestation in our realm.
god accepts this inadequate form of worship from us, due to its kindness and grace.

god itself, is not within us or in any specific place.
however, we have the capability to access the IMAGE of god within ourselves through prayer.
this IMAGE of god is within everything, and all are striving to access and manifest it.

Last edited:
Jan 2011
Detroit, MI USA
If we are to worship God, but our higher self is imade in the image of God, is worshipping the light of God which is reflected in our higher self egotistical? Is God not within us?
Well as I understand it we don't worship the 'light of God' we worship the one true God, the Creator. When it says that we're made in the image of God that basically means that the human being displays all the names and attributes of God and that's what makes us different from the animal, beast of the field. So in that sense the human being itself is a light of God.

Sep 2010
Earth
Another thought is that it is written that we are created at the end of darkness and the beginning of light. The light is a potential in us, that must be brought forth. Thus us who are born of the human spirit, we require to connect with the source of that light (Holy Spirit) via the aid of the 'Spirit of Faith'.

I see we transend the darkness to embrace the light and only in that state can we mirror that light.

As such we know the light is not from us, all good is from God, all evil from our own self.

Regards Tony