Maybe We Have Come From Stars...

Nov 2015
France
In the light of the fact that scientists sometimes argue about the exact definition of a planet, I am not sure of the definition Bahá'u'llah had in mind.
Don't overthink this. Planets revolving around astral bodies.

I don't know it there are beings capable of knowing God and worshipping Him on each planet
Plants and rocks already worship the One.

Dec 2015
N Ireland
thank you InvestigateTruth, Aidan, and Larry :)

I did not know that Hazrate Abdulbaha has confirmed that the human evolution has occurred on earth. so now I have to change what I say. we have been on earth from the very beginning, and we have always been humans no matter how we looked like. but I still say that before creation of earth, there had been other human beings on other planets, and they still exist! :p because the creation has never been without the human being.
If there are beings on other planets which resemble us they are merely "humanoid". Only we are human beings and that is because we have a soul. We are told numerous times that we are the chosen people, not us along with others

Jun 2009
earth
If there are beings on other planets which resemble us they are merely "humanoid". Only we are human beings and that is because we have a soul. We are told numerous times that we are the chosen people, not us along with others
I thought that might apply to this planet only, as a message from Manifestations sent to this planet to educate us here. I wondered if there weren't other cycles and other Manifestations delivering God's message on other planets to other beings, who are special on that planet?

I sometimes think also, what if we discover that the line between humans and animals is not exactly where we have defined it to be? What if one or more primates or another creature turns out to actually be special. I have never seen an exact definition in the writings and there does seem to be a presumption that we know where the line is. Animals and beasts are mentioned.

"You cannot apply the name "man" to any being void of this faculty of meditation; without it he would be a mere animal, lower than the beasts."

(Abdu'l-Baha, Paris Talks, p. 175)

The question is how do we tell if meditation takes place in the mind of any creature who is currently only viewed as animal?

Aug 2014
Blue Planet
how do you know for sure that IF there are human beings on other planets, they do not have a soul just like ours? :) yes, human being is special and chosen because of having the soul. humans are not restricted to a special place o earth; they live everywhere from America to the most eastern parts of Asia to the most unknown Islands and jungles in the world so why should we not imagine that the same humans with the souls are living now in other parts of the infinite universe? :)

Jun 2014
Wisconsin
Counterpoint:

If there exists a being on another planet that bears a soul, even if it resembles, say, a penguin, isn't that being, for all intensive purposes, "human"?? (not in a taxonomic sense, of course, but in a spiritual sense)

Also, perhaps as we develop a deeper and deeper understanding of Unity, we will have to cast away the perceived divisions between ourselves and theoretical-sapient-alien-penguins. The Jews were told numerous times that they were the chosen people, not them along with others, and yet Revelation still required, at a certain stage, the unification of Jew and Gentile.

Dec 2015
N Ireland
Counterpoint:

If there exists a being on another planet that bears a soul, even if it resembles, say, a penguin, isn't that being, for all intensive purposes, "human"?? (not in a taxonomic sense, of course, but in a spiritual sense)

Also, perhaps as we develop a deeper and deeper understanding of Unity, we will have to cast away the perceived divisions between ourselves and theoretical-sapient-alien-penguins. The Jews were told numerous times that they were the chosen people, not them along with others, and yet Revelation still required, at a certain stage, the unification of Jew and Gentile.
For me it's a matter of faith. After many years of prayer and study from within a Roman Catholic and now a Baha'i belief system, I simply believe that we are the chosen ones and therefore are stewards of Gods creation on this world and any other

Similar Baha'i Discussions Baha'i Forum Date
Baha'i Mysticism / Spirituality
Similar Baha'i Discussions
Expand your vision beyond the fixed stars..