Mr. Paul Lample talk

Sep 2011
Russia
tonyfish58, apparently the talk in question was the one Mr. Paul Lample gave on May 20, 2016 at the Bahá’í House of Worship. You gave a link to another one.

Sep 2011
Russia
I have a feeling that what really happened is the U.S. National published the video to its administrative site (which is only available to registered American Baha'is for reasons that are administrative in nature) because that was the most practical resource at there disposal to disseminate it to the intended audience. I highly doubt, however, that it is because they are trying to prevent anyone from seeing it. When a family has a discussion at the dinner table but does not open its doors and windows for the neighbors to listen in, does not make it a secretive meeting. Even so, I have little doubt it will appear somewhere, somewhen. No need to rush to conspiracy theories, friends.

Cheers
Fadl, it is a good analogy with a family. Let’s stay with it for a while. When some family members are not allowed at the dinner table they feel excluded from the family. Naturally some people want to eavesdrop like BlinkeyBill. I don’t blame them for that. Rather I find it rude not to invite everyone at the table.
As for the secrecy in the Baha’i community I was writing in general and not about the Mr. Paul Lample’s talk per se. For that matter I was the one who mentioned here that US NSA actually has tried to make the talk widely available via Vimeo.
Ali12134 posted in ‘general discussion’ thread not in the one for North America. I don’t see why people from other parts of the world cannot discuss it.

Jun 2011
Somewhere "in this immensity"
Fadl, it is a good analogy with a family. Let’s stay with it for a while. When some family members are not allowed at the dinner table they feel excluded from the family. Naturally some people want to eavesdrop like BlinkeyBill. I don’t blame them for that. Rather I find it rude not to invite everyone at the table.
As for the secrecy in the Baha’i community I was writing in general and not about the Mr. Paul Lample’s talk per se. For that matter I was the one who mentioned here that US NSA actually has tried to make the talk widely available via Vimeo.
Ali12134 posted in ‘general discussion’ thread not in the one for North America. I don’t see why people from other parts of the world cannot discuss it.
However, no American Baha'is with login credentials have been excluded. :)

The website is not primarily a media outlet but rather for administrative matters including sensitive data such as enrollment information and member data used by LSAs, etc. The video was not shared there because it requires a login, it was shared there because it was the simplest outlet to broadcast it to the American Baha'is which are under that NSA. I am sure that some other individual or institution can or will share it eventually. It is not intended to make anyone feel left out, but the American NSA has the responsibility for that community only and so that is what they put their resource to. In my opinion, there is no problem and that is how it should be.

Cheers

May 2016
USA
...Ali12134 posted in ‘general discussion’ thread not in the one for North America. I don’t see why people from other parts of the world cannot discuss it.
You can discuss it but you CAN NOT criticize the Baha'i Institutions.

Oct 2011
Quilimari,Chile
no understanding

BlinkeyBill, you mean steal a copy? :)
Just teasing.
The problem with all that materials Baha’i institutions make a top secret is they actually push Baha’is to steal information. An honest Baha’i has to be a Robin Hood nowadays because of too much secrecy and censorship imposed in the community.
Clearly I am getting old and suffering dementure.
I do not understand that this information is solely for American Baha'is and being accused of trying to steal?

I see Ali12134, has now removed his post???????
very conusing for an old and ill man

bill

Oct 2014
Stockholm
Clearly I am getting old and suffering dementure.
I do not understand that this information is solely for American Baha'is and being accused of trying to steal?

I see Ali12134, has now removed his post???????
very conusing for an old and ill man

bill
Dear Bil,
I'm reminded of the little senseless fights between my darling daughters.

gnat

Oct 2014
Stockholm
So you are comparing me with a little girl but are not willing to defend the Covenant.
Dear Ali12134,

My daughters are the dearest things I know on this earth, so if you feel that my description fits you, you should feel honoured. Then, where did the Covenant enter this discussion and where did you find the grounds for your allegation concerning my lack of willingness to defend the Covenant?

Best

from

gnat