Mr. Paul Lample talk

Sep 2010
Normanton, Far North West Queensland
And if we have, we are deeply saddened, because the most serious part of Materialism is not some kind of interest in material things, but the all-pervasive habit of judging our fellow men by material criteria, and once again the most serious part of that habit is not that of judging them by looking at their material possessions, but by failing to look for the inner qualities, instead looking at things like exams, positions in various hierarchies, etc. It seems like every day we move farther away from an understanding of man.

And yes indeed the "participation in any part of it" that is "contributing to the decline of the world" seems inevitable, unless we entirely withdraw from the world, which also in no way is a solution.

gnat
Yes Gnat this is so, we look only for the Good in all things. This is not an easy path to walk. It takes much examination of ones own Self.

It must be also considered if we see bad in anything at all, that it is still part of us and we are yet to remove its entire influence.

It is not that we withdraw from the world, it is that we withdraw as much as we can away from our animal selves and find our Good selves, which is God within with Laws.

It is an interesting journey we are all on, Good and Bad mingle to find the ultimate Unity.

Regards Tony

Sep 2010
Normanton, Far North West Queensland
Materialism and religious fanaticism are ageless problems. In the Holy Gospels we hear Lord Jesus say that it's harder for a rich man to enter Gods Kingdom than it is for a camel to go through the eye of a needle. We also hear Him often speak against the Zealots who were a gang of nationalist Jews who use violence to further their aims
It is in these times God calls for us to recreate our selves.

What a bounty it is to have the up to date Instruction book and be gifted with the perfect example of the Instructions! :cool:

Regards Tony

Oct 2011
Quilimari,Chile
BlinkeyBill, you mean steal a copy? :)
Just teasing.
The problem with all that materials Baha’i institutions make a top secret is they actually push Baha’is to steal information. An honest Baha’i has to be a Robin Hood nowadays because of too much secrecy and censorship imposed in the community.
Dear friends after this thread has progressed and I now understand I would like to refute some of the foolishness. We do not have secretive information only for those with membership, any thing can be seen by searching the web, or studying the faith. I am saddened by comments of stealing etc. What must such negative and untrue comments give to others? Ones National Assembly is likened to ones mother, that this information comes from the American
National Assembly is just that solely for the American Assemblies, it is not a secret and can be had by others.
Some have likened this to eves dropping etc, why do such minds have to have negative thougts? When certain material that is available to all in the faith, but the Universal House of Justice wants the message brought home to a certain country this is how it is done, there is nothing underhand or secretive about it.

Of couse when this info was placed it could have been better explaned.

Loving blessings to all.

bill

Last edited:
Sep 2011
Russia
Dear Bill,
I’ve been reading your posts for some time and we’ve even discussed something with you together before. Now I have to confess that you surprised and disappointed me with this comment. I’m not going to enter into a discussion here with you. I just want you to know that I feel sorry for you or for whatever situation made you to write such a thing.
Respectfully,
Anton

Oct 2014
Stockholm
Why am I sometimes reminded of the film Life of Brian, where the followers start arguing about Brian's sandals and other relics?

How about turning our attention to the content of Mr Lample's presentation, thus being wiser that Brian's disciples?

gnat

Oct 2011
Quilimari,Chile
Dear Bill,
I’ve been reading your posts for some time and we’ve even discussed something with you together before. Now I have to confess that you surprised and disappointed me with this comment. I’m not going to enter into a discussion here with you. I just want you to know that I feel sorry for you or for whatever situation made you to write such a thing.
Respectfully,
Anton
Have no idea of where you are coming from. We all have different ideas.
gnat you have likened my comments to life of brian before, do you think that veiled comments like this are unbecoming to unity.
As dear Maryamr has said previously best to ignore such and keep out of such negative responses, I leave this forum to you people who are far better Baha'is than myself.
bill

Oct 2014
Stockholm
Dear Bill,
I have carefully avoided any reference to any particular entry by any particular author. I most categorically refute any hint at my text being directed to any particular author. Any supposed reference to any particular text, which might be assumed due to the chronological order of entries is emphatically denied. Such links are purely coincidental.

I hope that by now I have stated my case a clearly as they nowadays do in the animal disclaimer text: "no animals were harmed in the making of this film" :)

gnat

P. S. And Life of Brian, to my mind is a most powerful tool for the creation of unity - at least I hope that such a reference can be the cause of a united smile. :)

P. P. S. And how are you these days, dear Bill?

Last edited:
Jun 2014
Wisconsin
Hmmmm. Seems like a lot of confusion on this thread could be cleared up by people not assuming that others vague comments are directed at them in particular. That seems like a good starting point for moving forward.

You can discuss it but you CAN NOT criticize the Baha'i Institutions.
Why, Ali, of course he can do such a thing!! Reflect upon the first few pages (page 6 in particular) of the Kitab-i-Iqan, in which it is revealed that criticism can only serve to strengthen the cause of God :cool: . If criticism strengthens the cause, I'd argue we want more critics, not less!! :p

Also of note to everyone here that the concept of ‘Iṣmah in the Baha'i Faith, the concept that protects our institutions from making errors, is something that only applies to errors of religion and interpretation, according to Shoghi Effendi. The persons who attempted to post and share Lemple's talk, for example, are not protected from committing errors in computer use!! :p

Imagine that you are a person employed by the NSA of the USA to upload and share media with other Baha'is. Your job position will almost certainly require you to be logged into the US Baha'i website at all times.

Thus, as your job requires it, are logged in to the site all the time, and I imagine it would be very easy for you to forget that not all people can access all parts of the website without logging in.

In other words, it is very, very likely that the person who posted this audio file wanted to share it with everyone, and merely forgot that everyone cannot see it in that location, because they are almost certainly logged in to that site at all times.

And as Anton pointed out, they attempted to upload it to another service too, but uploaded the wrong video. They probably haven't noticed yet. :p

It's also important to remember that all computers are evil and that technology is constantly conspiring against mankind. You can trust me on this. I have a degree in Computer Science.

With all these things in mind this looks less and less like willful obfuscation and more and more like typical computer-use problems.

May 2016
USA
Why, Ali, of course he can do such a thing!!
Yes, he can criticize but I think there is a difference between constructive criticism and the kind that damages the faith of Baha'is in relation to their Institutions. I do accept responsibility and realize that I should not have worded my comment the way I did.

This quote addresses the issue of criticism.

"It should be stressed that all criticism and discussions of a negative character which may result in undermining the authority of the assembly as a body should be strictly avoided. For otherwise the order of the Cause itself will be endangered, and confusion and discord will reign in the community. (Written on behalf of Shoghi Effendi, letter dated December 13, 1939, to an individual believer)

Last edited:
Oct 2011
Quilimari,Chile
long mem

Dear Bill,
I have carefully avoided any reference to any particular entry by any particular author. I most categorically refute any hint at my text being directed to any particular author. Any supposed reference to any particular text, which might be assumed due to the chronological order of entries is emphatically denied. Such links are purely coincidental.

I hope that by now I have stated my case a clearly as they nowadays do in the animal disclaimer text: "no animals were harmed in the making of this film" :)

gnat

P. S. And Life of Brian, to my mind is a most powerful tool for the creation of unity - at least I hope that such a reference can be the cause of a united smile. :)

P. P. S. And how are you these days, dear Bill?
I have a long memory and sadly you have used this life of Brian against certain people before, I do not feel it is all a coincidence sadly.
Entered by one who is less than nothing and knows it.