Mr. Paul Lample talk

Sep 2011
Russia
Friends, I uploaded the talk to my Google Drive and you can listen to it.
I thought that the content of http://american.bahai.us is copyrighted by National Spiritual Assembly of the Bahá’ís of the United States and not in public domain.

Also I thought for some reason that Ali12134 has written about the talk: ‘If you are not a Baha'i in US, then it wasn't meant for you!

Ali12134, congratulations! You became a Baha’i Robin Hood who have stolen information from a Baha’i institution (You don’t have a permission from NSA to distribute the talk, do you?) and thus just proved my point that Baha’i institutions actually push Baha’is to steal information. Excuse me for quoting myself: ‘An honest Baha’i has to be a Robin Hood nowadays because of too much secrecy and censorship imposed in the community’.

Ali12134 you are a honest person!

Last edited:
Sep 2010
Normanton, Far North West Queensland
I have emailed the US Site for a response to all this.

I await their reply.

One thing is, that on the Home Page I can get hold of a lot of material and download it without signing in.

Regards Tony

Last edited:
Jun 2014
Wisconsin
I thought that the content of The Bahá is copyrighted by National Spiritual Assembly of the Bahá’ís of the United States and not in public domain.

Also I thought for some reason that Ali12134 has written about the talk: ‘If you are not a Baha'i in US, then it wasn't meant for you!

Ali12134, congratulations! You became a Baha’i Robin Hood who have stolen information from a Baha’i institution (You don’t have a permission from NSA to distribute the talk, do you?) and thus just proved my point that Baha’i institutions actually push Baha’is to steal information. Excuse me for quoting myself: ‘An honest Baha’i has to be a Robin Hood nowadays because of too much secrecy and censorship imposed in the community’.

Ali12134 you are a honest person!
I saw a quote somewhere that said that the Baha'i Faith maintains copyrights to prevent non-Bahai's from altering scripture and saying that something or other is "Baha'i".

I have no idea if this is an effective means of going about that goal, but I can find no evidence anywhere that the Baha'i Faith has ever engaged in litigation in response to someone copying and distributing writings, scriptures, or talks.

As I understand it, in the United States in particular, you do not have to be the creator of something to file a copyright on something, the first to file a copyright claim does. In other words, if the Baha'i Faith did not copyright things in America, any random person could copyright any piece of Baha'i media.

Meaning in the US, if you want to make SURE something you create is able to be freely disseminated, you actually NEED to make a copyright claim to it. Typically, people who wish to freely distribute things file a claim under "creative commons" which allows other people to use the copyrighted material for anything. However creative commons lets you alter works, which is something the Baha'i Faith doesn't want happening apparently, so they seem to have merely copyrighted their material and made no efforts to stop people from copying it or disseminating it.

The only instance of Baha'i Copyrights coming into play that I can find, was a (perhaps ill-thought-out) and failed lawsuit in an attempt to stop Mason Remey followers from branding themselves as the "Baha'i Faith". That lawsuit does not seem like a good idea to me, and its failure seems to indicate the same, but from the amount of people that stumble across websites run by Mason Remey's disciples and get confused by the content (a number of threads on this forum were started that way) I can see the motivations behind that particular lawsuit, even if I overall don't agree that it was the best course of action.

In total, though, no lawsuit appears to have ever been filed in result to someone copying and disseminating any given Baha'i writing or talk, so I'd say concerns over the held copyrights are unwarranted.

Oct 2011
Quilimari,Chile
Entered by one who is less than nothing and knows it.

On re reading the thought came to me that as many look at things in a negative way, I should clarify.
The above sentence is written about myself and no other.
bill

Jcc

Mar 2013
Edwardsville, Illinois, USA
Considering that the administrators of bahaiblog.net have already obtained permission to share the talk on their website, http://bahaiblog.net/site/2014/03/talk-paul-lample-current-plan-community-building-process/
I really think we are OK to move beyond the discussion of access to the talk and discuss the actual content.

The first part actually gives a good discussion on the role of the Guardianship and controversies that existed "in 1921, many Baha'is did not see how we could have a Guardian; in 1957, many could not see how we could continue without a Guardian". This is in the context of the mysteries enshrined in 'Abdul-Baha's Will. Shoghi Effendy said in 1930 that "we stand too close to so momentous a document to fully appreciate it... It will take a century of actually working to understand it" (paraphrasing, sorry). So, we are approaching the century mark, with the completion of the current Plan and we have learned much in terms of how to truly implement the Divine Plan, and how the Administrative Order functions. The Universal House of Justice stands at the center, fully empowered by Baha'u'llah to adjust the course as needed.

Comments?

Sep 2010
Normanton, Far North West Queensland
Considering that the administrators of bahaiblog.net have already obtained permission to share the talk on their website, Baha'i Blog | A Talk by Mr. Paul Lample on the Current Plan and the Community-building Process -
I really think we are OK to move beyond the discussion of access to the talk and discuss the actual content.

The first part actually gives a good discussion on the role of the Guardianship and controversies that existed "in 1921, many Baha'is did not see how we could have a Guardian; in 1957, many could not see how we could continue without a Guardian". This is in the context of the mysteries enshrined in 'Abdul-Baha's Will. Shoghi Effendy said in 1930 that "we stand too close to so momentous a document to fully appreciate it... It will take a century of actually working to understand it" (paraphrasing, sorry). So, we are approaching the century mark, with the completion of the current Plan and we have learned much in terms of how to truly implement the Divine Plan, and how the Administrative Order functions. The Universal House of Justice stands at the center, fully empowered by Baha'u'llah to adjust the course as needed.

Comments?
Yes JCC - Good observation.

Great Talk, all need to listen to it, it is very in tune with the time we now face.

The First section is great in its summary of the unfolding events.

The 2nd section good at explaining the wisdom of the processes we now face.

Thanks for re-posting.

Regards Tony

Sep 2011
Russia
Finally, US NSA decided to share Mr. Paul Lample’s talk on the New Five Year Plan with the rest of the world!
The link published at american.bahai.us and can be accessed without signing in.

Sep 2011
Russia
And now they have made available at american.bahai.us transcript of Talk Given by Mr. Paul Lample at Bahá’í House of Worship
‘It can either be read online or downloaded to your own computer for long-term study and reflection.’