My wife's son is and many other family members are, this is how you are look at them.

Jun 2018
USA
The Baha’i Faith is not for everyone. We have the obligation given to us by God to investigate and choose our own paths in life. If you have chosen Baha’u’llah’s path the best way you can approach others with your faith is carefully and respectful state what the writings say. One big mistake a Baha’i can make is to try to paraphrase the teachings with their own interpretations of them. I think what most new Baha’i’s believe what they know as being 100% true is really about 35% true once they are deepened in the faith. Baha’u’llah’s and Abdu’l-Baha’s words have special power learn the full textual explanation and commit it to memory.

No one that I have loved and called family or friend has embraced the faith and I don’t associate with the majority of them much because most are idle materialists just commuting, procreating, bitching, complaining and consuming. I live out in the country now and I’m not going to drive a few hours to the city and sit around a bar and watch my friends/family drink themselves silly and rehash events that occurs 20 years ago where we all got “so fucked up” like those days were the best days of our lives. My best days are ahead of me as I deepen myself in the Faith. If you spend too much time worrying about others finding the Faith you will only frustrate yourself. If you have made mention of Baha’u’llah’s mission and you live a Baha’i life your doing just fine.

On a side note to this I think the greatest failing of the Baha’i Administration globally is focusing too much on converting people to the Baha’i Faith rather than spreading Baha’u’llah’s message. I believe we would not still be waiting for Entry by Troops for example if it were not for the whitewashing of the mystical foundations of the Baha’i Faith and focusing on the social teachings. It only brings in a certain type of person and the what is actually going on in the world of creation is a type of spiritual alchemy performed on humanity. Not until the Faith has learned to promote the most difficult aspects of the teaching to defend will the world take notice. I trust God though, I may think that many missteps have been made in the unfolding of the faith and I see it as a fearful and even sickly child but I have faith that this is just an incubation period where the limbs and the body of the faith are developing out of my view and just because I see no sign of hope God is at work.

Scientific studies in the social sciences are not very scientific, they are always political motivated if only that there is no money available for studies that don’t reenforce these bizarre Intersectional/Marxist LBGTxyz ideas prevalent these days. I’m sure that there is a scientific study that disproved every aspect of the faith in some university library. What most Baha’i’s don’t realize is that the faiths teaching totally decimate modern sciences assumptions. While science can quantify physical actions with incredible accuracy it is hopeless at answering why or how anything occurs.

One thing to point out is that which comes from nature is not of God. God is perfect and all created things are imperfect. There is no scientific evidence where sexual preference is formed. Everything a social scientist theorizes is happening is just a theory without any foundation.

Homosexuality is a choice and you are not born gay or strait. Homosexuality is a physical act not a genetic mutation or a type of person. You chose what attributes attract you or repel you based on more factors than I can recount or than can be noted here. Some people can only be sexually aroused by an inanimate object like a shoe. This fetish is a perversion of what God has created you for, there is not a sexual orientation for shoe lover it’s a mental disfunction that needs to be treated like homosexuality is an disfunction.

What I have said might seem harsh to some but I know everything I have said can be supported in the writings.

Be a happy person and love your family and don’t worry for them. Say a prayer if your concerned and ask God to intercede in their life and show them the truth.

The worst thing you can do is drive in a wedge with your family regarding your religious beliefs and their choices. It there really supper crazy’s gay like with fireworks and daily drama don’t get caught up in it. If it’s just a matter of you have this faith that you want to share with and there not receptive don’t give it another thought. I promise you it will all work out ok in the end.

Peace
I had and still have a personal point of view about our Creator and that is they love 'everyone', and that nobody is denied entry into the kingdom, even murderers, child molesters, sexual assaulters, etc, and yes even say for example, two women who for whatever ever reason feel emotional love for each other. To me, the eventual down fall of every faith is when the men get into the bedroom. Baha u lllah says the further from the life of the Manifestation there will be error. I see errors already in the Teachings from after the death of Baha u llah IMHO. As a side note, to 'extrapolate' laws from the original Teachings regarding specific explanations for specific situations, and then use them to cover many other situatuions is a failure of the followers and not the Manifestation. Which is common as each set of Teachings inevitably vears off course due to immature minds as noted by Baha u llah. In the case of Baha u llah rightfully noting Pederasty and nothing specifically about LGBT among consenting adults.

Apr 2018
Ontario
I had and still have a personal point of view about our Creator and that is they love 'everyone', and that nobody is denied entry into the kingdom, even murderers, child molesters, sexual assaulters, etc, and yes even say for example, two women who for whatever ever reason feel emotional love for each other. To me, the eventual down fall of every faith is when the men get into the bedroom. Baha u lllah says the further from the life of the Manifestation there will be error. I see errors already in the Teachings from after the death of Baha u llah IMHO. As a side note, to 'extrapolate' laws from the original Teachings regarding specific explanations for specific situations, and then use them to cover many other situatuions is a failure of the followers and not the Manifestation. Which is common as each set of Teachings inevitably vears off course due to immature minds as noted by Baha u llah. In the case of Baha u llah rightfully noting Pederasty and nothing specifically about LGBT among consenting adults.
I don’t think you have read the same writings I have if you think Baha’u’llah only has spoken about pederasty and “nothing specifically about LGBT among consenting adults”.

I don’t know if you are looking for something, telling us something, are being earnest or trying to be provocative. In reading the above quoted post it seems you have your own set of beliefs that are in conflict with Baha’u’llah’s teachings.

If I see anything else I can contribute I will but I think I will leave you to your own opinions.

Peace

Mar 2013
Edwardsville, Illinois, USA
Nature vs Nurture vs Free Will?
I think this all misses the point. About 5% of the population are attracted to the same sex. According to the Law of God, although they may love someone of the same sex, they should not have sexual relations. Currently, something like 50% of people worldwide, mostly heterosexuals, are not married, and according to the Law of God they should not have sex either. It's not quite the same, since the heterosexuals who are believers can hold out hope of getting married, but for many people that never happens, and if they are to be faithful, they should remain celebate. It's a test of faith and a heavy load for some to carry, but it's not only homosexuals who have that burden, many more heterosexuals do also.

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
I see errors already in the Teachings from after the death of Baha u llah IMHO. As a side note, to 'extrapolate' laws from the original Teachings regarding specific explanations for specific situations, and then use them to cover many other situatuions is a failure of the followers and not the Manifestation. Which is common as each set of Teachings inevitably vears off course due to immature minds as noted by Baha u llah. In the case of Baha u llah rightfully noting Pederasty and nothing specifically about LGBT among consenting adults.
Shoghi Effendi clarified what Baha’u’llah meant by paederasty. Abdu’l-Baha and Shoghi Effendi were given the authority to interpret the Writings of Baha’u’llah by virtue of the Covenant of Baha’u’llah. To be a Baha’i means to be faithful to the Covenant.

134. the subject of boys # 107

The word translated here as “boys” has, in this context, in the Arabic original, the implication of paederasty. Shoghi Effendi has interpreted this reference as a prohibition on all homosexual relations.

The Law states that sex is permitted only between a man and a woman who is his wife.

The Bahá’í teachings on sexual morality centre on marriage and the family as the bedrock of the whole structure of human society and are designed to protect and strengthen that divine institution. Bahá’í law thus restricts permissible sexual intercourse to that between a man and the woman to whom he is married.

In a letter written on behalf of Shoghi Effendi it is stated:

No matter how devoted and fine the love may be between people of the same sex, to let it find expression in sexual acts is wrong. To say that it is ideal is no excuse. Immorality of every sort is really forbidden by Bahá’u’lláh, and homosexual relationships He looks upon as such, besides being against nature. To be afflicted this way is a great burden to a conscientious soul. But through the advice and help of doctors, through a strong and determined effort, and through prayer, a soul can overcome this handicap.

Bahá’u’lláh makes provision for the Universal House of Justice to determine, according to the degree of the offence, penalties for adultery and sodomy (Q and A 49).

The Kitáb-i-Aqdas, p. 223

The fact that most people in today’s decadent society that has lost its moral compass think the Baha’i Faith is too extreme on sexual matters does not change the standards of behavior set by Baha’u’llah. As Baha’is, we set a bad example if we go along with the immoral majority just to appease people, and we also misrepresent what the Faith teaches.

Nov 2015
Canada
As someone who is part of the LGBT community I would definitely say that I was not born this way. I personally think it stems from negative stimuli - I'm sure some would count this as proof that it IS genetics, but my brother and sister went through many of the same traumas that I experienced, and we are all bisexual. I do see it as something that can be overcome through faith in God.

Mar 2013
_
I must admit I have a very difficult time with this subject. I wonder why God cares where people put there naughty bits so much. He apparently used to care a lot more about whether the animal you ate had a cloven hoof. you could be justifiably executed for things that are now no big deal.
and of course, once upon a time God displayed slavery as a fair and justifiable system. We now find it repugnant. Was it repugnant back then?
We cant go back in time, but if we did would we not be justified in living according to whatever revlation was active at the time, having multiple wives, enslaving prisoners of war, killing by legal loophole?

Will 1000 years from now whatever new system in place protect forms of love now banned by the current thinking of the faith? Can't say.

But it leaves me with a worry. Relative truth vs absolute truth. We are taught to accept that the current dispensation is, for us, the absolute truth, only it was not always, and this almsot certainly wont be. There were already abolitionists prior to the birth of the Bab. Were they wrong? Of course not.
What is truth? I dont know anymore, and while I still do the daily prayer, the 95 recitations, I wonder if living by wrote is just easier than looking deeply into all that.

I mention it because one day these discussions could well seem like the discussions on racial and gender equality a century ago. Some would say they already do.

Aug 2014
Blue Planet
As someone who is part of the LGBT community I would definitely say that I was not born this way. I personally think it stems from negative stimuli - I'm sure some would count this as proof that it IS genetics, but my brother and sister went through many of the same traumas that I experienced, and we are all bisexual. I do see it as something that can be overcome through faith in God.
love your response.

Aug 2014
Blue Planet
I must admit I have a very difficult time with this subject. I wonder why God cares where people put there naughty bits so much. He apparently used to care a lot more about whether the animal you ate had a cloven hoof. you could be justifiably executed for things that are now no big deal.
and of course, once upon a time God displayed slavery as a fair and justifiable system. We now find it repugnant. Was it repugnant back then?
We cant go back in time, but if we did would we not be justified in living according to whatever revlation was active at the time, having multiple wives, enslaving prisoners of war, killing by legal loophole?

Will 1000 years from now whatever new system in place protect forms of love now banned by the current thinking of the faith? Can't say.

But it leaves me with a worry. Relative truth vs absolute truth. We are taught to accept that the current dispensation is, for us, the absolute truth, only it was not always, and this almsot certainly wont be. There were already abolitionists prior to the birth of the Bab. Were they wrong? Of course not.
What is truth? I dont know anymore, and while I still do the daily prayer, the 95 recitations, I wonder if living by wrote is just easier than looking deeply into all that.

I mention it because one day these discussions could well seem like the discussions on racial and gender equality a century ago. Some would say they already do.
Why God cares about where humans put their naughty bits?.... well, let's consider this theory. I read it in Emanuel Swedenborg book, and since many of the things go with the Teachings, I can take his (seemingly) weird ideas to be correct, at least to a high degree.

He says that we humans are on earth to spread kindness and light, because this will open secret doors, spiritual ones, through which more knowledge and love will flow down to earth. Now, the most useful kind of door that can be formed to transfer the light from heaven to earth, is through marriage between man and woman. symbolically speaking, one of them becomes the right part of the door and the other one becomes the left part and in doing so, we have a complete door which is very strong. On the other hand, in gay marriages, the door that is shaped is not complete. it has only either two right sides or two left sides, and it becomes partly incompetent to transfer the light from heaven. Considering that the transfer of light and spreading it on earth is our sole duty here, I, personally, wouldn't like to waste my time or do something solely based on my own desires, rather than being useful for everyone on earth and in heaven.