My wife's son is and many other family members are, this is how you are look at them.

Jan 2020
Not saying
Neither, my LGBT family see the BF as a bigoted against people fo the LGBT persuasion. They argue that science has proven true LGBT are born that way, so it's of God, and the BF is not following the law that science must be followed. Personally I don't care about the, no marriage as I can construct that in my mind to make sense that a woman and a man in a marriage have the goal to biologically have children who are a combination of the the two bodies. Also children need to protected on a legal ground also. I do feel LGBT should be able to at least have legal binding contracts to protect each other in the case of dissolution of their commitment to each other. I also feel that a LGBT 'couple' should be able to adopt children if they wish. Also, from what I understand that LGBT will not be punished by God, now or after mortal death. And that some LGBT will be more spiritually advanced than many of those who profess to be spritual, Bahai or other.
Hi Mike, firstly, I have read a book a few years back by a geneticist who explained clearly why there is no such thing as a 'gay' gene from a scientific perspective. Later, other studies were released that confirmed this finding - I think there is a link to these studies by onother respondent on this site. Anyhow, here is a reply I gave to another on this site and am posting here as perhaps another perspective, please take or leave as best suits you:
I had to discuss this issue with my teenage son because he wanted the facts and because a number of his friends are LGBT. I could tell him the Baha'i laws, but I also needed to provide the science to back these laws (as a Baha'i, he wants science and religion to be in agreement). So I did some digging around and while the propaganda is so strong that no one dares to speak out against homosexual acts there are some research articles that tackle some of these issues. Here are a few issues you may like to think/research about in terms of the implications of a homosexual lifestyle. For example, what is the rate of sexually transmitted disease in the LGBT community (compared to those who only have sex within the confines of heterosexual marriage or even heterosexuals)? Would you be ok with spreading a disease to another human being which could potentially have disastrous consequences? Think about this in terms of the number and amount of STIs currently - if people did what was right, we wouldn't have such devastating STI morbidity and mortality statistics. Next, do you know what it takes financially and resource-wise to care for someone with some of these diseases like HIV/AIDS (eg. 375,0000 pounds for one HIV/IADS patient just in the UK)- we as tax payers fund this? Have you thought about the social ramifications of this lifestyle on the mental health of these individuals (such as through loneliness and isolation)? What about the impact on kids who are deprived of their biological parent or raised without the balanced input of both a male and a female role model? What about the impact of these same-sex unions on the future life of children in terms of engagement in maladaptive behaviours and mental health problems to name a few? We caqn't choose things like death etc and children can lose a parent, but making a decision on purpose to take away a child's constant access to their biological parent is not ok to me! There is research albeit scant that shows the many detrimental impacts of this issue but like alcohol, we choose to ignore research facts because we want to give way to our selfish passions!

Last edited:
Jan 2020
Not saying
I must admit I have a very difficult time with this subject. I wonder why God cares where people put there naughty bits so much. He apparently used to care a lot more about whether the animal you ate had a cloven hoof. you could be justifiably executed for things that are now no big deal.
and of course, once upon a time God displayed slavery as a fair and justifiable system. We now find it repugnant. Was it repugnant back then?
We cant go back in time, but if we did would we not be justified in living according to whatever revlation was active at the time, having multiple wives, enslaving prisoners of war, killing by legal loophole?

Will 1000 years from now whatever new system in place protect forms of love now banned by the current thinking of the faith? Can't say.

But it leaves me with a worry. Relative truth vs absolute truth. We are taught to accept that the current dispensation is, for us, the absolute truth, only it was not always, and this almsot certainly wont be. There were already abolitionists prior to the birth of the Bab. Were they wrong? Of course not.
What is truth? I dont know anymore, and while I still do the daily prayer, the 95 recitations, I wonder if living by wrote is just easier than looking deeply into all that.

I mention it because one day these discussions could well seem like the discussions on racial and gender equality a century ago. Some would say they already do.
HI Noogan, I had to discuss this issue with my teenage son because he wanted the facts and because a number of his friends are LGBT. I could tell him the Baha'i laws, but I also needed to provide the science to back these laws (as a Baha'i, he wants science and religion to be in agreement). So I did some digging around and while the propaganda is so strong that no one dares to speak out against homosexual acts there are some research articles that tackle some of these issues. Here are a few issues you may like to think/research about in terms of the implications of a homosexual lifestyle. For example, what is the rate of sexually transmitted disease in the LGBT community (compared to those who only have sex within the confines of heterosexual marriage or even heterosexuals)? Would you be ok with spreading a disease to another human being which could potentially have disastrous consequences? Think about this in terms of the number and amount of STIs statistics currently - if people did what was right, we wouldn't have such devastating STI statistics? Next, do you know what it takes financially and resource-wise to care for someone with some of these diseases like HIV/AIDS (eg. $375,0000 for one HIV/IADS patient just in the UK)- we as tax payers fund this? Have you thought about the social ramifications of this lifestyle on the mental health of these individuals (such as through loneliness and isolation)? What about the impact on kids who are deprived of their biological parent or raised without the balanced input of both a male and a female role model? What about the impact of these same-sex unions on the future life of children in terms of engagement in maladaptive behaviours and mental health problems to name a few? We caqn't choose things like death etc and children can loose a parent, but making a decision on purpose to take away a child's constant access to their biological parent is unforgivable to me! There is research albeit scant that shows the many detrimental impacts of this issue but like alcohol, we choose to ignore research facts because we want to give way to our selfish passions!

Reactions: Trailblazer