Narcissistic Personality Disorder at RISK in Polygamous Families

Does this Sound familiar in the rifts of the Holy Family of Baha'u'llah's among his children and Grandchildren?

O ye that stand fast and firm in the Covenant! The Center of Sedition, the Prime Mover of mischief, Mirza Muhammad Ali, hath passed out from under the shadow of the Cause, hath broken the Covenant, hath falsified the Holy Text, hath inflicted a grievous loss upon the true Faith of God, hath scattered His people, hath with bitter rancor endeavored to hurt 'Abdu'l-Bahá and hath assailed with the utmost enmity this servant of the Sacred Threshold. Every dart he seized and hurled to pierce the breast of this wronged servant, no wound did he neglect to grievously inflict upon me, no venom did he spare but he poisoned therewith the life of this hapless one.

(Abdu'l-Baha, The Will and Testament, p. 5)

-------------------------------------------------------------
The three wives of Bahá'u'lláh were:

Nawab (Asiyih Khanum): married some time between 24 September and 22 October 1835; died 1886; seven children.
Mahd-i-'Ulya (Fatimih Khanum): born 1828; married 1849; died 1904; six children. She broke the Covenant after the Ascension of Bahá'u'lláh as did all her children. See God Passes By (Wilmette: Bahá'í Publishing Trust, 1987), chapter 15.
Gawhar Khanum: married in Baghdad; died during the Ministry of 'Abdu'l-Bahá; one child. She and her daughter both broke the Covenant after the Ascension of Bahá'u'lláh. See God Passes By, chapter 15.

(The Universal House of Justice, 1995 Oct 23, Wives of Baha'u'llah, p. 2)

------------------------------
Does it really take rocket science after getting the gist of all these findings of Narcisstic personality disorder to imagine Mahd-i-'Ulya all frustrated and insecure because she's not getting Baha'u'llah's great "Staff of authority" as often as Navvab did to say to her 7 year old son: Mirza Muhammad Al " see Abbas Effendi and the Purest Branch, and greatest holy leaf over there, all think they're better than you. They'll all try and boss you around" to give him weird deluded ideas about himself?

Last edited:
Sep 2010
Normanton Far North Queensland
Does it really take rocket science
No the first councel is this;

“O SON OF SPIRIT! My first counsel is this: Possess a pure, kindly and radiant heart, that thine may be a sovereignty ancient, imperishable and everlasting."

A heart other then this, will find many veils.

Regards Tony

Sep 2010
Baha'u'llah offered this advice after we obtain a pure, kindly and radiant heart.

"O SON OF SPIRIT! The best beloved of all things in My sight is Justice; turn not away therefrom if thou desirest Me, and neglect it not that I may confide in thee. By its aid thou shalt see with thine own eyes and not through the eyes of others, and shalt know of thine own knowledge and not through the knowledge of thy neighbor. Ponder this in thy heart; how it behooveth thee to be. Verily justice is My gift to thee and the sign of My loving-kindness. Set it then before thine eyes."

True Justice is Gods Commandments unto humanity.

Regards Tony

WTF KIND OF pure,kindly, and radiant heart do you expect

No the first councel is this;

“O SON OF SPIRIT! My first counsel is this: Possess a pure, kindly and radiant heart, that thine may be a sovereignty ancient, imperishable and everlasting."

A heart other then this, will find many veils.

Regards Tony
Tony,
WTF KIND OF pure,kindly, and radiant heart do you expect a child to possess when his parent is percieving the sibling or non-silbling child from a different parent as Goddamn mortal threat? Have you ever experienced or witnessed that dysfunction IN FAMILIES? have you ever thought of how that ruins someone's entire life?

Sep 2010
Tony,
WTF KIND OF pure,kindly, and radiant heart do you expect a child to possess when his parent is percieving the sibling or non-silbling child from a different parent as Goddamn mortal threat? Have you ever experienced or witnessed that dysfunction IN FAMILIES? have you ever thought of how that ruins someone's entire life? ....

My wife suffered many years of abuse and elders that would not beleive her. God bless her soul, which is pure, kindly and radiant.

It was men without a pure kindly and radiant heart that did this to her.

Love is the way. With Love a way forward can be found, without love, we perceive only the calling of our animal self.

Regards Tony

Oct 2013
Glenwood, Queensland, Australia
Good morning ReturnofZealSeeker

Rather than responding to every post made by yourself in this thread, separately, I will amalgamate here.

You speak of many injustices which occur. You have barely scraped the surface, and you speak without knowing what injustices those others who come here have suffered or seen. Know that no soul who carries the spark of humanity in them condones any one of these injustices, large and small.

Have you considered that the cause of all these injustices is no more than a lack of genuine spirituality? The abandonment of genuine Religion - no, not the imitations and the superstitions and the man-made dogma's, but the True Essence of the spiritual Teachings of the Founders of each of the Faiths?

Tony has, following each of your most recent posts in this thread, responded most gently and with genuine truth. Yet, what fascinates me is how you then take a truth and turn it to materialistic and personal ends.

Know that the Church of the godless must first attain ascendancy. This church has many prophets each stridently vocalising from their pulpits - some of them you have linked to from this forum. As this church gains its ascendancy, what will we see in the world?

We will see an increasing loss of morality, a deepening morass of tyranny and oppression, the decaying breath of corruption, and the anarchy of excessive liberty. With the materialistic attendant loss in spirituality will come only savagery. Is this what you want? Is this what you will support? Is this the environment in which you would bring up your own child, or wish another to bring up their child? Do you wish to see the result when science, harnessed for purely material ends, is utilised by the unrestrained oppressors and tyrants and other rulers for their own benefit at the expense of the remainder of the world's population?

122 Consider the pettiness of men’s minds. They ask for that which injureth them, and cast away the thing that profiteth them. They are, indeed, of those that are far astray. We find some men desiring liberty, and priding themselves therein. Such men are in the depths of ignorance.

123 Liberty must, in the end, lead to sedition, whose flames none can quench. Thus warneth you He Who is the Reckoner, the All-Knowing. Know ye that the embodiment of liberty and its symbol is the animal. That which beseemeth man is submission unto such restraints as will protect him from his own ignorance, and guard him against the harm of the mischief-maker. Liberty causeth man to overstep the bounds of propriety, and to infringe on the dignity of his station. It debaseth him to the level of extreme depravity and wickedness.
(Baha'u'llah, The Kitab-i-Aqdas, page 63)

The Purpose of the one true God, exalted be His glory, in revealing Himself unto men is to lay bare those gems that lie hidden within the mine of their true and inmost selves. That the divers communions of the earth, and the manifold systems of religious belief, should never be allowed to foster the feelings of animosity among men, is, in this Day, of the essence of the Faith of God and His Religion.
(Baha'u'llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, page 287)

The Church of the godless is the epitomy of excess liberty, and the antithesis of the purpose of the One True God.

Yet, if the Church of the godless does not gain this ascendancy, then we will not see the day when the people will, en-mass, abandon the preachings of this false church and turn to the Ever-living God and His Everlasting Faith. For the Church of the godless is a revolt against the man-made corruptions in belief and practices of the previous Faiths from their pure foundations. It will, most invaluably, and despite the corruptions and misery which it shall itself engender, help to purge society of these self-same imitations, corruptions and superstitions. And when their work is done, all will become seeing of the Light of Truth, which will lead them into the pastures of peace, harmony, love, unity, faith, Religion, and global prosperity. Science and Religion will discard their age-old animosity and work together as one, and the human species will become elevated in time to heights of glory of which we cannot even imagine.

For how better to see and recognise light than during the period of deepest darkness?

So while the Church of the godless has (is) arisen (arising) and will then later collapse, the Faith brought through the Revelation of Baha'u'llah will still be here with warm and welcoming arms. It shall have progressed well beyond it's current position and station, absolutely commensurate with the needs of that future time.

With my deep love and most warm greetings

Romane

Last edited:
Aug 2014
Blue Planet
Does it really take rocket science after getting the gist of all these findings of Narcisstic personality disorder to imagine Mahd-i-'Ulya all frustrated and insecure because she's not getting Baha'u'llah's great "Staff of authority" as often as Navvab did.....
Aha? So based on your theology, we should bow down and respect the "thirst for being honored and respected" in everyone? Go on for that and you will always feel frustrated because there is always someone who won't respect you or your station. The goal for an enlightened person (or you can use another word instead of enlightened) is to come to the realization that to expect perfection, permanent attention, adoration, etc from this world is the bigest cause of depression. I do not care at all for what the narcissistic side of anyone asks from me. I am who I am and I try to do the write thing.

maybe someone else can help me?

Aha? So based on your theology, we should bow down and respect the "thirst for being honored and respected" in everyone? Go on for that and you will always feel frustrated because there is always someone who won't respect you or your station. The goal for an enlightened person (or you can use another word instead of enlightened) is to come to the realization that to expect perfection, permanent attention, adoration, etc from this world is the bigest cause of depression. I do not care at all for what the narcissistic side of anyone asks from me. I am who I am and I try to do the write thing.
I don't have a theology. The point of this Thread is to remind you of the History of your own Faith. I don't understand how polygamy is, was and always was less than optimal and ideal and a form of elitism, especially even in the lifetime of The Greatest Latest Manifestation of God, if that's what Baha'u'llah really is. I mean let's examine what I mean by the inquiry to your Administrative order some more:

" On the subject of monogamy, it is stated in note 89 of the Kitáb-i-Aqdas:

Polygamy is a very ancient practice among the majority of humanity. The introduction of monogamy has been only gradually accomplished by the Manifestations of God. Jesus, for example, did not prohibit polygamy, but abolished divorce except in the case of fornication; Muhammad limited the number of wives to four, but making plurality of wives contingent on justice, and reintroducing permission for divorce; Bahá'u'lláh, Who was revealing His Teachings in the milieu of a Muslim society, introduced the question of monogamy gradually in accordance with the principles of wisdom and the progressive unfoldment of His purpose. The fact that He left His followers with an infallible Interpreter of His Writings enabled Him to outwardly permit two wives in the Kitáb-i-Aqdas but uphold a condition that enabled 'Abdu'l-Bahá to elucidate later that the intention of the law was to enforce monogamy. 3
On page 39 of A Synopsis and Codification of the Kitáb-i-Aqdas it is stated that "Plurality of wives is forbidden." The note explaining this appears on page 59 and states:

The text of the Aqdas upholds monogamy, but as it appears also to permit bigamy, the Guardian was asked for a clarification, and in reply his secretary wrote on his behalf: "Regarding Bahá'í marriage; in the light of the Master's Tablet interpreting the provision in the Aqdas on the subject of the plurality of wives, it becomes evident that monogamy alone is permissible, since, as 'Abdu'l-Bahá states, bigamy is conditioned upon justice, and as justice is impossible, it follows that bigamy is not permissible, and monogamy alone should be practiced." The House of Justice assures you that it will pray in the Holy Shrines for your guidance as you consider the many important decisions which face you at this stage in your life.

Sincerely,
For Department of the Secretariat

You can look up more passages you want which explain that the 2nd and 3rd Wives of Baha'u'llah happened when he was either still a Shiite Muslim or a Babi and wasn't yet the manifestation of God because he was still in those dispensations all you want. My point is, polygamy still was less than optimal and ideal and this is an area where I have a hard time accepting Baha'u'llah as anything other than a hypocrit. Its like he used his children as test dummies and guinnea pigs in human experimentation gone horribly wrong? By delegating a hierarchy of his Main Squeeze Navvab and the children he knocked her up with to be subject to BRUTAL competition with the other 2 wives and THEIR children. (THE BROTHER AND SISTERS OF ANOTHER MOTHERS and their successors) That's a setup for jealousy and scarcity. If I'm ever going to be a
Bahai again I would have to accept that Abdu'l-Baha was completely aware of what his role to endure this experiment and see the pathology for what it is bunch, His stepmothers as a bunch !@#$-ing conniving bitches his step mothers brainwashing and programming and poisoning the minds of his little brothers a bunch of lies. As successor to head The Bahai Faith, Abdu'l-Baha had to discover that the hard way and affirm Monogamy is the real Law of God because his wicked little half brother was a conniving **ickhead. So I don't know if anyone else here can help me percieve the latest Greatest Manifestation of God and his lifestyle as an antiquated Persian aristocrcy filthy rich playboy without that contempt? [AT LEAST until he suffered persecution for being a Babi?] Maybe there is? I don't know. Can anyone reading these forums help me out here? I'd love to hear from you.

Last edited:
Jul 2017
Kettering, Ohio USA
I don't have a theology. The point of this Thread is to remind you of the History of your own Faith. I don't understand how polygamy is, was and always was less than optimal and ideal and a form of elitism, especially even in the lifetime of The Greatest Latest Manifestation of God, if that's what Baha'u'llah really is. I mean let's examine what I mean by the inquiry to your Administrative order some more:

" On the subject of monogamy, it is stated in note 89 of the Kitáb-i-Aqdas:

Polygamy is a very ancient practice among the majority of humanity. The introduction of monogamy has been only gradually accomplished by the Manifestations of God. Jesus, for example, did not prohibit polygamy, but abolished divorce except in the case of fornication; Muhammad limited the number of wives to four, but making plurality of wives contingent on justice, and reintroducing permission for divorce; Bahá'u'lláh, Who was revealing His Teachings in the milieu of a Muslim society, introduced the question of monogamy gradually in accordance with the principles of wisdom and the progressive unfoldment of His purpose. The fact that He left His followers with an infallible Interpreter of His Writings enabled Him to outwardly permit two wives in the Kitáb-i-Aqdas but uphold a condition that enabled 'Abdu'l-Bahá to elucidate later that the intention of the law was to enforce monogamy. 3
On page 39 of A Synopsis and Codification of the Kitáb-i-Aqdas it is stated that "Plurality of wives is forbidden." The note explaining this appears on page 59 and states:

The text of the Aqdas upholds monogamy, but as it appears also to permit bigamy, the Guardian was asked for a clarification, and in reply his secretary wrote on his behalf: "Regarding Bahá'í marriage; in the light of the Master's Tablet interpreting the provision in the Aqdas on the subject of the plurality of wives, it becomes evident that monogamy alone is permissible, since, as 'Abdu'l-Bahá states, bigamy is conditioned upon justice, and as justice is impossible, it follows that bigamy is not permissible, and monogamy alone should be practiced." The House of Justice assures you that it will pray in the Holy Shrines for your guidance as you consider the many important decisions which face you at this stage in your life.

Sincerely,
For Department of the Secretariat

You can look up more passages you want which explain that the 2nd and 3rd Wives of Baha'u'llah happened when he was either still a Shiite Muslim or a Babi and wasn't yet the manifestation of God because he was still in those dispensations all you want. My point is, polygamy still was less than optimal and ideal and this is an area where I have a hard time accepting Baha'u'llah as anything other than a hypocrit. Its like he used his children as test dummies and guinnea pigs in human experimentation gone horribly wrong? By delegating a hierarchy of his Main Squeeze Navvab and the children he knocked her up with to be subject to BRUTAL competition with the other 2 wives and THEIR children. (THE BROTHER AND SISTERS OF ANOTHER MOTHERS and their successors) That's a setup for jealousy and scarcity. If I'm ever going to be a
Bahai again I would have to accept that Abdu'l-Baha was completely aware of what a bunch of !@#$-ing conniving bitches his step mothers were programming his little brothers a bunch of lies, but as successor he had to discover that the hard way and affirm Monogamy is the real Law of God because his wicked little half brother was a conniving **ickhead. So I don't know if anyone else here can help me percieve the latest Greatest Manifestation of God and his lifestyle as Persian rich playboy without that contmpt. Maybe there is? I don't know. Can anyone reading these forums help me out here? I'd love to hear from you.
When Baha'u'llah was in Bahji He didn't live with Navvab, the Greatest Holy Leaf, or Abdu'l-Baha, but He lived with the rest of His family.

Similiar Baha'i Discussions Forum Date
Baha'i Discussions