Narcissistic Personality Disorder at RISK in Polygamous Families

Oct 2014
Stockholm
And personally, I think it has something to do with the climate. Here in Sweden we have a long, hot summer right now.

gnat

Sep 2010
Normanton Far North Queensland
And personally, I think it has something to do with the climate. Here in Sweden we have a long, hot summer right now.

gnat
I can tell you it is the heat. Tropo season or mango madness they call it here. ;)

Sanity is hard to find in weeks of 40+ days.

Regards Tony

Jun 2014
Wisconsin
First, I'll note you still haven't given me your alternative solution to gender imbalance caused by dangerous jobs.

The issues you raise are only valid if you have an alternative to propose that fixes the issue. For example, I could potentially say "The fact that people are allowed to die from cancer is a black mark against our culture", but unless I have an alternative proposal that solves the issue of people dying of cancer, my complaint has no true merit.

Look at the rate of which of these jobs could have safer, kinder and genterl alternatives:
I think you're trying to propose eliminating all dangerous jobs, but that's far from realistic. All of the jobs you mention are safer than the hunter/gatherer lifestyle. All jobs have become safer and safer and safer as technology has advanced, and I'd argue all of these are safer alternatives for a world without them.

But just like your issue with polygamy in the older eras, I need to ask you what your proposed alternatives for some of the below careers are.

Because again, if you don't have an alternative the complaint is not valid.

Snakes are milked to create antivenom to treat snakebites.

Is your counterproposal to stop milking snakes entirely and let people die when bit by a wild snake??

How do you solve the issue of snakebites without this career??

What's your alternative solution here??

How do you fix underwater metal structures without this career??

Does your alternative involve allowing bridges to collapse and buildings to crumble into a dilapidated state?? What about the people who will die from bridge and building collapses??

Fun fact: Whaling and coal mining are both more dangerous than oil rigging. Not to mention the ecological impacts of trying to switch back to whale oil. So how would eliminating this job fix anything, when we'd need to go back to much more dangerous jobs to get fuel.

Is your alternative to get rid of this fuel altogether??

Then what is your solution for people freezing to death??

Perhaps alternative energy sources and electric heating could be used, but that's not economically possible for the poorer nations of the world.

So what's your alternative solution here??

I can think of alternative solutions to this one, so I'll grant this here.

Steel allows us to build UP, and fit more people in less space. It's revolutionary in that regard.

Without the ability to build UP, we'd have to build out, causing our urban sprawls to be sprawl even more and encroach more on the environment.

Is massive urban sprawl your preferred alternative, or is there another alternative I'm missing??

Fishing itself is a very dangerous career, and has been throughout all of history. It is in fact, statistically the most dangerous career to the developed world.

And yet it is a fairly necessary food source for many regions.

What's your alternative solution to the problem of people starving to death??

Do you want to let people lost in the wilderness die?? Are you opposed to rescue operations, because this career plays a VERY important role in search and rescue.

You might as well add firefighters to this list if you're going to add bush pilots, as they are also a career that risks life to save life.

What's your alternative solution for rescuing people??

I don't know much about this industry specifically, so what is your alternative?? Probably an easy win for you as long as you provide something, considering my lack of knowledge on the subject. Still, you must be able to propose an alternative here to secure this point.

Not having wood poses even more problems to our society than not having steel does.

What's your alternative solution to people dying of exposure?? Based on your objections to steel and wood, I can only imagine you must be opposed to the notion of housing itself... :p

Looks like pointless entertainment to me, that could be easily replaced with something else. But it's not my culture, so perhaps I have a bias. I'll grant ya this one too.

So what are your alternatives to the above?? And remember to include the alternative to polygamy that you have that eliminates the need for all dangerous careers without reintroducing the other dangers that those careers solve.

Ultimately I think it is a completely impossible idea to eliminate all dangerous careers. Especially in the past. Thus you have to find a way to either deal with the gender imbalance workplace deaths cause. That's ultimately what you need to solve here, and you have yet to propose a solution better than polygamy, other than an impossible idea that all workplace danger could be realistically eliminated without causing more problems for the human race.

Last edited:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnofZealSeeker View Post
Loggers
Not having wood poses even more problems to our society than not having steel does.

What's your alternative solution to people dying of exposure?? Based on your objections to steel and wood, I can only imagine you must be opposed to the notion of housing itself...

Spoken as though you're not the least bit aware of "industrial hemp" and "hemp history"? You wanna be a lumberjack for a living in 2018? go right ahead.

Sep 2010
Normanton Far North Queensland
Spoken as though you're not the least bit aware of "industrial hemp" and "hemp history"? You wanna be a lumberjack for a living in 2018? go right ahead.
How many forests do you knock down to grow this product? Alternatively one uses open fertile food growing areas?

The key is to find a balance in this world. Timber is a building product since man started building. How do we do this sustainably?

The key here is you are being asked to offer alternatives. Anyone can say this or that is no good, but what is the alternative offered, how is the alternative better?

Regards Tony

Jun 2014
Wisconsin
So you only have one alternative to propose?? Build everything out of hemp-based particle board??

And as Tony rightly points out, you're just trading cutting down trees for lumber in favor of clearcutting for farmland.

Jun 2014
Wisconsin
you're all getting rope-a-doped by a troll.
enjoy
Nah, I don't think so. His posts on occult topics are more knowledgeable on the subjects than you're average troll bringing up the topics for the lulz. I just think he's not the best at typing out everything he has to say clearly.

The point of this discourse whether or not polygamy was justified and being necessary because there was a disparity of men for them always having more dangerous jobs. The bottom line is that in many cases even those most dangerous jobs by some men are often exploitation for their adrenaline addiction and macho bravado b.s. Ever see "Most Dangerous Catch"? On the discovery channel. Ask yourself do we as a species really need crab meat to survive from the most dangerous parts of the Arctic Ocean ? I don't think so, but oh there's good money to provide for a family? you see the carrot being dangled to dupe and entice people into slavery.
The bottom line is marriage between a man and a woman, monogamous heterosexuality, is optimal and ideal anyways. Emergency circumstances and circumstances of being exploited or enslaved being the exceptions that prevent all that ideal, especially in previous dispensations of obsolete Manifestation of God's rules according to some of you Bahais here because they needed eons of suffering and hierarchical mind control psychopathic elitists pulling the strings from what some of you people are complacent to just accept as normal course of evolution? I reckon maybe? . If the Bahai Prayer which describes Marriage as a "Fortress for Well Being and Salvation" and the Bahai Marriage is exclusively monogamous heterosexual consensual between the 4 parents of such man and woman? Turn that on its head upside down at what a deprivation of this Fortress most of the history of this world really is and has been for a very long time?

Similiar Baha'i Discussions Forum Date
Baha'i Discussions