Sep 2017
Earth
I want to know
Is religion is different from dharma?
Hi this is a good question, I found Bahá’u’lláh through meditating on the Bhagavad Gita. I also asked a question on this forum about dharma. Religion is dharma, and the reason there is a new manifestation, or return of Krishna is because there is an aspect to dharma which changes according to the times. Social laws may change, but the eternal dharma stays the same with all religions.

Mar 2013
Edwardsville, Illinois, USA
I want to know
Is religion is different from dharma?
Welcome! This a good question and it depends on how you understand dharma. These are some aspects of religion, so you decide if dharma is the same:

"The divine religions were founded for the purpose of unifying humanity and establishing universal peace. Any movement which brings about peace and agreement in human society is truly a divine movement; any reform which causes people to come together under the shelter of the same tabernacle is surely animated by heavenly motives."

"
The day is coming when all the religions of the world will unite, for in principle they are one already. There is no need for division, seeing that it is only the outward forms that separate them. Among the sons of men some souls are suffering through ignorance, let us hasten to teach them; others are like children needing care and education until they are grown, and some are sick—to these we must carry Divine healing.
(Paris Talks)​
Love is the most great law that ruleth this mighty and heavenly cycle, the unique power that bindeth together the divers elements of this material world, the supreme magnetic force that directeth the movements of the spheres in the celestial realms.
(Selections from the Writings of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá)​
Bahá’u’lláh has drawn the circle of unity, He has made a design for the uniting of all the peoples, and for the gathering of them all under the shelter of the tent of universal unity. This is the work of the Divine Bounty, and we must all strive with heart and soul until we have the reality of unity in our midst, and as we work, so will strength be given unto us."​
"Sincerity is the foundation-stone of faith. That is, a religious individual must disregard his personal desires and seek in whatever way he can wholeheartedly to serve the public interest; and it is impossible for a human being to turn aside from his own selfish advantages and sacrifice his own good for the good of the community except through true religious faith."