New Translations available

Mar 2013
Edwardsville, Illinois, USA
I have an image of Baha'u'llah on m computer, but up to now I have looked at it rarely. I will from now on look at the picture of Baha'u'llah when praying.
This is from Lights of Guidance:

There is no objection that the believers look at the picture of Bahá'u'lláh, but they should do so with the utmost reverence, and should also not allow that it be exposed openly to the public, even in their private homes."

(From a letter written on behalf of Shoghi Effendi to an individual believer, December 6, 1939

Sep 2010
Normanton Far North Queensland

There is no objection that the believers look at the picture of Bahá'u'lláh, but they should do so with the utmost reverence, and should also not allow that it be exposed openly to the public, even in their private homes."

(From a letter written on behalf of Shoghi Effendi to an individual believer, December 6, 1939
This advice to be considered with the new translation of a talk by Abdul'baha;

"As to thy question: 'To whom should we turn?'—turn thou to the Ancient Beauty. God willing, a copy of His blessed portrait will in due course be dispatched to thee so that when offering prayer thou mayest turn thyself in spirit towards that Holy Likeness, and not towards some mere figment of the imagination. Know thou, however, that at no time should His blessed portrait be hung in the Mashriqu’l-Adhkár."

Regards Tony

May 2018
New Zealand
Not yet.Traveller, though the land is being purchased.

The first ever in ishqabad had started and it was working well. It unfortunatly must have been ahead of its time as it was seized, used for some time as an art gallery and then damaged in an earthquake to be demolished all together.

Baha'i Historical Facts: The Mashriqu'l-Adhkar in 'Ishqabad, extensively damaged by violent earthquakes in 1948, was demolished in 1963 by the Russian authorities for safety reasons

The future will see every town centered around its House of Worship and benevolent institutions.

Regards Tony
I am really looking to see benevolent institutions around the houses if worship 🙂 I notice in the photos if the new Colombia house of worship, that there are a number of other buildings in the surroundings, maybe these are intended for such things ?

Worship and service to humanity.

-T

Mar 2013
Edwardsville, Illinois, USA
I am really looking to see benevolent institutions around the houses if worship 🙂 I notice in the photos if the new Colombia house of worship, that there are a number of other buildings in the surroundings, maybe these are intended for such things ?

Worship and service to humanity.

-T
It's likely that the buildings near the House of Worship in Colombia will be used initially for Training Institute courses, administration, etc. The creation of other institutions envisaged by Baha'u'llah and Abdu'l-Baha will depend on the capacity and needs of the local community. It will happen when the community has the resources to support them and a clear need for them. I also look forward to seeing these develop. I think it may happen first in developing countries where needs are greater.

Last edited:
Jun 2014
Wisconsin

Huh. Given that we now know: "As to thy question: 'To whom should we turn?'—turn thou to the Ancient Beauty. God willing, a copy of His blessed portrait will in due course be dispatched to thee so that when offering prayer thou mayest turn thyself in spirit towards that Holy Likeness, and not towards some mere figment of the imagination. Know thou, however, that at no time should His blessed portrait be hung in the Mashriqu’l-Adhkár."

The only thing I can think given Shoghi Effendi's letter-on-his-behalf, is that one can or maybe should have an portrait of Baha'u'llah in their home, but should not display it "to the public" in that home. So a portrait may be kept, but strictly privily.