Paint the Change

Sep 2011
Russia
That is strange but there are no treads on ‘Education Is Not a Crime’ or ‘Paint the Change’ campaigns here
So let’s create one! Here is our new post in Russian about campaign Paint the Change
Share yours!

Sep 2010
Normanton, Far North West Queensland
No Facebook

Dear Anton

Have had to give up with Facebook here.

It does not allow for slow internet connections. Thus got sick and tired of waiting 10 minutes every time I try to open a facebook page.

Like most these days they do not think of slow internet speeds and poor connections and put ar too much data to download to open.

Regards Tony

Sep 2011
Russia
Life is full of coincidences. I recall we were discussing two yeas ago representation of Youth Conferences on the net here. I mentioned then that my mom had broadband connection. What is startling is that she has arranged for tomorrow to install some new equipment so the speed will be 3 times higher.
Dear Tony, you are right, nowadays people seldom think about problems associated with low Internet connections.
P.S. The second link I posted is a regular webpage on blogspot, though it is in Russian. :)
P.P.S. It also made me to recall how 5 years ago Russian NSA sent to all believers a newsletter up to 20 Mb in size. Just imagine how they would be happy to download it via dialup. :)

Sep 2010
Normanton, Far North West Queensland
Life is full of coincidences. I recall we were discussing two yeas ago representation of Youth Conferences on the net here. I mentioned then that my mom had broadband connection. What is startling is that she has arranged for tomorrow to install some new equipment so the speed will be 3 times higher.
Dear Tony, you are right, nowadays people seldom think about problems associated with low Internet connections.
P.S. The second link I posted is a regular webpage on blogspot, though it is in Russian. :)
P.P.S. It also made me to recall how 5 years ago Russian NSA sent to all believers a newsletter up to 20 Mb in size. Just imagine how they would be happy to download it via dialup. :)
That is the problem, even with 1mb attachment and I can wait half and hour!

The network is overloaded here and poor infrastructure - think I am supposed to be a max 150mbps?

Regards Tony

Oct 2011
Quilimari,Chile
Tony and Anton here in the countryside of Chile, I suffer also slow internet, also I have no mail code, imagine my problem in ordering books, have to use a Santiago mail
code and have an address in the city, the code is far more than four digits also causes some problems.
The joys of living in some countries of the world, but of course would not change where I live for anything.

Loving regards to you both.
bill

Sep 2011
Russia
Friends, back to the topic! :) What I’ve noticed is that Russian speaking Baha’is don’t give a damp about persecution of Iranian Baha’is or so it seems. The reason I think so is that publications such as above mentioned receive zero response. Now I start to think that it is also true about English speaking Baha’is. Look, here we jumped into discussion of internet connections instead of talking about ways to support Iranian Baha’is. Again, as I mentioned in the first post, I was not able to find here on forum a thread about campaigns like Paint the Change or Education is not a Crime. It looks like the topic about Iranian Baha’is is far less interesting than that of slow Internet. Well, honestly I’m glad to discover that. I used to think that it was something wrong with Russian speaking Baha’is. Now I see it is more or less a norm. It is human nature I guess.

Oct 2011
Quilimari,Chile
Dear Anton, to post information here in Russian I feel does not assist your aim. When you say Paint the change is that the same as Be the Change you want? In other words live in your daily life the change you wish to see in others. And yes human nature is really not always nice and lovable, so we need to show this in our daily lives, and most people do not brag about their daily lives even the good points let alone the bad.

Such as what we may be doing in regards helping or supporting Iranian Baha'is.
Maybe you could explain more of what you mean by this thread.

Loving regards
bill

Oct 2014
Stockholm
Friends, back to the topic! :) What I’ve noticed is that Russian speaking Baha’is don’t give a damp about persecution of Iranian Baha’is or so it seems.
That is too harsh a conclusion. Much more is done than is seen in the open. I understand your frustration. But seriously, the persecution of our Iranian friends has been an issue for thirty-five years. It is not new. It is one of the tough things that we constantly live with.

А иногда любовь и жестокость до невозможности схожи.

gnat

Aug 2014
Blue Planet
Friends, back to the topic! :) What I’ve noticed is that Russian speaking Baha’is don’t give a damp about persecution of Iranian Baha’is .....
although it is harsh but it is somehow true. nowadays almost all kinds of ideologies have their own followers and people who defend them. as an example there is a rather new kind of mysticism in Iran called "Efrane Halghe" or "mysticism of the ring". the founder of this kind of mysticism (as he calls it!) has many many many followers in Iran; so much that even some people believe that he is Qaim and his path is the path of truth. in his teachings there is the talk about humanity and peace and curing diseases using spiritual ways. now that man is imprisoned and about a year ago it was decided that he should be hanged for he had been talking "against Islam" (as Mollas say). and then many people all around the world have protested against the court order. one of the members of Australia parliament has given a speech about that man and has asked for his freedom.
now the thing is, a man from nowhere, has gained many followers and then he is imprisoned (possibly killed by now) and many people around the world are talking for him, defending his and his followers so powerfully that his followers in Iran now have formed groups to follow their teacher's teachings. many videos and articles are published for the sake of this man. but what has the world done for Baha'is? Baha'ullah had been much higher than an ordinary man but we BAha'is sometimes only talk; we act much less than what we should and we convince ourselves by thinking that "it is not time yet" or that "if God wishes, He will help.". if you ask Iranians about how many of them know about Erfane Halghe and how many of them know about Baha'i faith and its main teachings, I bet they know much more about Erfane Halghe than knowing about a religion of God (considering that both of these beliefs are banned here). neither the Baha'is in Iran, nor Baha'is outside of Iran and nor even those people who work for humanity has ever taken a useful step for all the difficulties Baha'is have here; only words, words, and wordsssssss... (I myself am as lazy and fearful as all others!)

Aug 2014
Blue Planet
although one of the teachings of Bab and Baha'ullah is putting words into action (or acting rather than talking) yet Baha'is (at least in Iran) are usually known as fearful people who don't take any steps even for their own freedom.