Proofs of Baha'u'llah

Sep 2010
Canada
I start by quoting from Baha'u'llah that one of His proofs is His innate knowledge. To know all things, without learning from earthly sources:

"Thou knowest full well that We perused not the books which men possess and We acquired not the learning current amongst them, and yet whenever We desire to quote the sayings of the learned and of the wise, presently there will appear before the face of thy Lord in the form of a tablet all that which hath appeared in the world and is revealed in the Holy Books and Scriptures. Thus do We set down in writing that which the eye perceiveth. Verily His knowledge encompasseth the earth and the heavens."

- Baha'u'llah

"…first point of our investigation will be the education He bestowed upon mankind. If He has been an Educator, if He has really trained a nation or people, causing it to rise from the lowest depths of ignorance to the highest station of knowledge, then we are sure that He was a Prophet. This is a plain and clear method of procedure, proof that is irrefutable. We do not need to seek after other proofs. We do not need to mention miracles, saying that out of rock water gushed forth, for such miracles and statements may be denied and refused by those who hear them."

-Abdul'baha

Last edited:
Sep 2010
Canada
"He Who is everlastingly hidden from the eyes of men can never be known except through His Manifestation, and His Manifestation can adduce no greater proof of the truth of His Mission than the proof of His own Person.". Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah

Sep 2010
Canada
Say: The verses We have revealed are as numerous as those which, in the preceding Revelation, were sent down upon the Báb. Let him that doubteth the words which the Spirit of God hath spoken seek the court of Our presence and hear Our divinely-revealed verses, and be an eye-witness of the clear proof of Our claim." Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah

Sep 2010
Canada
"Say: The first and foremost testimony establishing His truth is His own Self. Next to this testimony is His Revelation. For whoso faileth to recognize either the one or the other He hath established the words He hath revealed as proof of His reality and truth. This is, verily, an evidence of His tender mercy unto men. He hath endowed every soul with the capacity to recognize the signs of God. How could He, otherwise, have fulfilled His testimony unto men, if ye be of them that ponder His Cause in their hearts. He will never deal unjustly with any one, neither will He task a soul beyond its power. He, verily, is the Compassionate, the All-Merciful." Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah

Sep 2010
Canada
"This Wronged One hath frequented no school, neither hath He attended the controversies of the learned. By My life! Not of Mine own volition have I revealed Myself, but God, of His own choosing, hath manifested Me. In the Tablet, addressed to His Majesty the Sháh—may God, blessed and glorified be He, assist him—these words have streamed from the tongue of this Wronged One:
“O King! I was but a man like others, asleep upon My couch, when lo, the breezes of the All-Glorious were wafted over Me, and taught Me the knowledge of all that hath been. This thing is not from Me, but from One Who is Almighty and All-Knowing. And He bade Me lift up My voice between earth and heaven, and for this there befell Me what hath caused the tears of every man of understanding to flow. The learning current amongst men I studied not; their schools I entered not. Ask of the city wherein I dwelt, that thou mayest be well assured that I am not of them who speak falsely. This is but a leaf which the winds of the will of thy Lord, the Almighty, the All-Praised, have stirred. Can it be still when the tempestuous winds are blowing? Nay, by Him Who is the Lord of all Names and Attributes! They move it as they list. The evanescent is as nothing before Him Who is the Ever-Abiding. His all-compelling summons hath reached Me, and caused Me to speak His praise amidst all people. I was indeed as one dead when His behest was uttered. The hand of the will of thy Lord, the Compassionate, the Merciful, transformed Me.”

Nov 2012
Florida
"Know assuredly that just as thou firmly believest that the Word of God, exalted be His glory, endureth for ever, thou must, likewise, believe with undoubting faith that its meaning can never be exhausted. They who are its appointed interpreters, they whose hearts are the repositories of its secrets, are, however, the only ones who can comprehend its manifold wisdom. Whoso, while reading the Sacred Scriptures, is tempted to choose therefrom whatever may suit him with which to challenge the authority of the Representative of God among men, is, indeed, as one dead, though to outward seeming he may walk and converse with his neighbors, and share with them their food and their drink."

"Oh, would that the world could believe Me! Were all the things that lie enshrined within the heart of Bahá, and which the Lord, His God, the Lord of all names, hath taught Him, to be unveiled to mankind, every man on earth would be dumbfounded."

"How great the multitude of truths which the garment of words can never contain! How vast the number of such verities as no expression can adequately describe, whose significance can never be unfolded, and to which not even the remotest allusions can be made! How manifold are the truths which must remain unuttered until the appointed time is come! Even as it hath been said: “Not everything that a man knoweth can be disclosed, nor can everything that he can disclose be regarded as timely, nor can every timely utterance be considered as suited to the capacity of those who hear it.”

"Of these truths some can be disclosed only to the extent of the capacity of the repositories of the light of Our knowledge, and the recipients of Our hidden grace. We beseech God to strengthen thee with His power, and enable thee to recognize Him Who is the Source of all knowledge, that thou mayest detach thyself from all human learning, for, “what would it profit any man to strive after learning when he hath already found and recognized Him Who is the Object of all knowledge?” Cleave to the Root of Knowledge, and to Him Who is the Fountain thereof, that thou mayest find thyself independent of all who claim to be well versed in human learning, and whose claim no clear proof, nor the testimony of any enlightening book, can support." -Baha'u'llah, Gleanings, pp 175-177

Sep 2010
Canada
"Bahá’u’lláh has written much in explanation of the prophecies of old, but it is not on these that He depends for proof of His Prophethood. The sun is its own proof, to all that have the power of perception. When it rises we need no ancient predictions to assure us of its shining. So with the Manifestation of God when He appears. Were all the former prophecies swept into oblivion, He would still be His own abundant and sufficient proof to all whose spiritual sense are open."

From the Book, 'Baha'u'llah and the New era'

Last edited:
Jun 2015
Perth, Australia
What does it mean when Baha'u'llah says that His Person is the proof of His Divinity? And extends it generally to all Manifestations of God.....

Kam

Aug 2014
Blue Planet
I was waiting for such a good thread to start. thank you . so I am going to ask a question:

to me Baha'ullah is the real manifestation of God for our times and I would never change my mind about it but recently I talked about it with one of my friends; it was astonishing for her. she told me that she believes that Baha'i faith had been a plot from Russian governors in time of Ghajar and I told her that she is wrong (I don't know if she can ever change her mind) but then there is another question from her side:
we say that the most important proof of each messenger of God is first and formost HIS presence. but this is probably what all people would tell. I mean even if a liar comes and says that he is the messenger of God, he can say that his presence is enough proof. then we say that if he is not a real messenger, his beliefs would die soon and they won't endure but until it happens many people would be fooled by him and only after some 300 or 200 years it would become apparent that he had not been a true messenger of God.
do you know about "Mani" and "Manavian" (Manichaeism) ? he was living in time of Sasanid dynasty. his religion became wide spread for some centuries (maybe 200 or 300 years) but little by little it became weak and nowadays only a very small population of people are still Manavi (his books still exist). was he a real messenger of God (in Baha'i view)? if yes, then why did his time ended that soon and if he was not a messenger of God you can see how slowly people got to discover it after some two or three centuries! now someone like that friend of mine, would tell that the same thing can be true about Baha'i faith and that only after many many years we will realize it. what's your answer to this?

Sep 2010
Normanton Far North Queensland
What does it mean when Baha'u'llah says that His Person is the proof of His Divinity? And extends it generally to all Manifestations of God.....

Kam
Kam - Could be I found a reply to this reading "The summons to the Lord of Hosts" tonight.

In the Suriy-i-Haykal Baha'u'llah is the promised Temple. On page 50 section 64 it talks about The Breast of the Temple.

"Oh Breast of the Temple! We, verily, have caused all things to mirror forth thy reality, and made thee as a mirror of Our own Self. Shed, then, upon the breasts of all created beings the splendors of The Light of thy Lord that they may be freed from all allusions and limitations..."

Thus His self is the Mirror. It could be all those who receive the reflection strive to be mirrors of the mirror. The rest of this is wonderful showing what the Temple imparts to Humanity.

Regards Tony