Question

Sep 2017
Earth
I find it easier to love people who are nearer to God then those who are not, is this a character deficiency? The writings tell us to love all people but I do, but I love people more the nearer they are to God. Is this normal?

What is the meaning of the below passage? Is it that believers will have stronger love between themselves?

The fourth is the love of man for man. The love which exists between the hearts of believers is prompted by the ideal of the unity of spirits. This love is attained through the knowledge of God, so that men see the Divine Love reflected in the heart. Each sees in the other the Beauty of God reflected in the soul, and finding this point of similarity, they are attracted to one another in love. This love will make all men the 181 waves of one sea, this love will make them all the stars of one heaven and the fruits of one tree. This love will bring the realization of true accord, the foundation of real unity.

Jul 2017
Kettering, Ohio USA
I find it easier to love people who are nearer to God then those who are not, is this a character deficiency? The writings tell us to love all people but I do, but I love people more the nearer they are to God. Is this normal?

What is the meaning of the below passage? Is it that believers will have stronger love between themselves?

The fourth is the love of man for man. The love which exists between the hearts of believers is prompted by the ideal of the unity of spirits. This love is attained through the knowledge of God, so that men see the Divine Love reflected in the heart. Each sees in the other the Beauty of God reflected in the soul, and finding this point of similarity, they are attracted to one another in love. This love will make all men the 181 waves of one sea, this love will make them all the stars of one heaven and the fruits of one tree. This love will bring the realization of true accord, the foundation of real unity.
Of course you will love people more the closer they are to God. That is normal. I think even Abdu'l-Baha did that.