Quote of the Day, 10 Bahá 173 BE

Oct 2013
United States
"The most acceptable prayer is the one offered with the utmost spirituality and radiance; its prolongation hath not been and is not beloved by God. The more detached and the purer the prayer, the more acceptable is it in the presence of God."

- Selections from the Writings of the Báb

Sep 2010
Normanton, Far North West Queensland
"The most acceptable prayer is the one offered with the utmost spirituality and radiance; its prolongation hath not been and is not beloved by God. The more detached and the purer the prayer, the more acceptable is it in the presence of God."

- Selections from the Writings of the Báb
Yes as the years unfold I have found this to be so.

I have a short attention span as well :eek:

Regards Tony

Sep 2010
Normanton, Far North West Queensland
What were we talking about? ��
AidanK - Ever pulled out that long prayer to say to Baha'u'llah in full intent to give it your all, got a bit of a way through and you realize now you are thinking of the day ahead, or some other thing while reading the prayer, so you say whoops... and start thinking about the words you are reading again. You get a bit further and now you are thinking about something else :eek:

To me I have to be in the right space to go to those special prayers that also contain much length, or I find my thoughts wandering.

Mt attention span is too short :noob: I much prefer to say something like the Remover of Difficulties or God Sufficeth, often with my full attention and meaning.

The longer ones are pulled out for special occasions or when I feel my attention can be given to them :cool:

Maybe In a way it may be best if one read the prayer like a writing and sit down and read it sentence and paragraph length, Analise each of the sections as to what it is saying, rather than read it through word after word! In this way you would be thinking of each section.

Regards Tony