Reincarnation

Feb 2019
Chicago
How can you write something down without scripture? That is totally nonsense. I think you should check your resources and stop repeating Hindu myths.
I am not sure I entirely understand your question. The Bhagavad-Gita was revealed by Lord Krishna and it was Sage Vyasa that was spiritually one with Krishna who helped compose the text and give it a written form. Why is it so difficult to understand. In any case spiritual or physical laws do not have to be in written form to exist. The law of gravity existed and operated before it was discovered and put down in a written form. Before God created the physical cosmos, He came up with a blue print which is a matrix of ideas , principles and laws out of which came the cosmos. The blue print still exists in the ether and prophets can tap into the blue print and reveal God's laws hidden from ordinary people when it is necessary and appropriate in accordance with the will of God. You should read Bahaullah's mystical poems and other writings like Gems of Divine mysteries to understand his insight in to esoteric spiritual laws. Likewise you need to read the Hindu scriptures. Simply dismissing them as myths is your ignorance and perhaps spiritual arrogance.

Reactions: Siddhanta108
Aug 2019
Berlin
In any case spiritual or physical laws do not have to be in written form to exist.
I'm not contradicting you on that one. But to say that the Bhagavad-gita was written down over 5000 years ago is historically incorrect.
Nowadays Sanskrit texts are written down in Devanagari script. This script originated from the Brahmi script, 300-200 BC.
The truths of the Puranas and Upanishads may be thousands of years old, but they were not written down at that time, as no script existed in India at that time.

Oct 2019
Vrindavan
Good evening,

The Indian traditions are oral traditions that are passed on from the teacher to the student and written down late. This distinguishes them from Western traditions, which have always been closely linked to the development of writing. Here, too, the understanding is different.

The Indian traditions took great care to ensure that the orally transmitted teaching contents were conveyed accurately. The Vedic tradition or religion, these are the metaphysical Truths that underlie reality.

The cultural forms and possibilities of expression in the form of language or literature were inadequate and can therefore only represent a part of the original Truth. In addition, there are the political problems that I had already hinted at a few days earlier.

Siddhanta

Feb 2019
Chicago
I'm not contradicting you on that one. But to say that the Bhagavad-gita was written down over 5000 years ago is historically incorrect.
Nowadays Sanskrit texts are written down in Devanagari script. This script originated from the Brahmi script, 300-200 BC.
The truths of the Puranas and Upanishads may be thousands of years old, but they were not written down at that time, as no script existed in India at that time.
How much of Indian history have you read and what are your qualifications to accurately evaluate Indian history. The truth is that when the British were ruling India they could not reconcile to India's history being older than Biblical history of the planet which according to mainstream Christian interpretation was only 6000 years old. So they adjusted Indian historical dates to fit in to their Biblical perspective of world history. And ever since pretty much all Westerners have been led to believe in a distorted version of Indian history. In any case, the value of a religious scripture does not lie in when it was written but by it's content. So whether the Gita was written yesterday or 10000 years ago is immaterial. If you are interested in the spiritual truth, just meditate deeply on the truths in the Gita and you will realize them within your consciousness. But your intent appears to discredit other religions without even reading the scriptures and you are resorting to some desperate tricks. So much for independently investigating the truth and promoting unity of mankind. I don't think Bahaullah would approve of your attitude because he has implicitly acknowledged the truth in the Gita in one of his conversations with an Indian.

Feb 2019
Chicago
Good evening,

The Indian traditions are oral traditions that are passed on from the teacher to the student and written down late. This distinguishes them from Western traditions, which have always been closely linked to the development of writing. Here, too, the understanding is different.

The Indian traditions took great care to ensure that the orally transmitted teaching contents were conveyed accurately. The Vedic tradition or religion, these are the metaphysical Truths that underlie reality.

The cultural forms and possibilities of expression in the form of language or literature were inadequate and can therefore only represent a part of the original Truth. In addition, there are the political problems that I had already hinted at a few days earlier.

Siddhanta
I agree with you but we may be pouring milk on coal hoping it will turn white. Some folks here like certitude and trailblazer seem to place a lot of emphasis on written scripture. They don't seem to realize that prophets are living scriptures that are infinitely superior to any written scripture. Prophets do not need written scriptures. They can receive revelations from God or they can tap in to God's blueprint behind creation and reveal spiritual truths.

Most folks here don't independently investigate reincarnation. Their whole attitude is of rejection simply because Abdul Baha and Shoghi Effendi did not accept it. But they were not avatars or manifestations of God like Bahaullah, Jesus, Buddha, Moses and Krishna were. While Bahaullah was silent on reincarnation, Krishna, Jesus, Buddha and Jewish scriptures all spoke about reincarnation as evident from the quotes I presented at the beginning. Abdul Baha's position on reincarnation appears to stem from Islam since the Baha'i faith originated from Islam and the Quran is a mixed bag which certainly does not contain every spiritual truth revealed to mankind.

Last edited:
Aug 2019
Berlin
In any case, the value of a religious scripture does not lie in when it was written but by it's content.
No one contradicted it. But you seem to have a big problem with admitting that your statement regarding the written works is historically incorrect.

One thing is certain, whoever sees in the correction of his false statements and the naming of historical, scientific truth a "discredit other religions" or "desperate tricks" has understood neither the independent search for the truth, nor the harmony of religion and science.

Everything that comes is a mixture of conspiracy theories against science and apologetics. This is tiresome.

Feb 2019
Chicago
No one contradicted it. But you seem to have a big problem with admitting that your statement regarding the written works is historically incorrect.

One thing is certain, whoever sees in the correction of his false statements and the naming of historical, scientific truth a "discredit other religions" or "desperate tricks" has understood neither the independent search for the truth, nor the harmony of religion and science.

Everything that comes is a mixture of conspiracy theories against science and apologetics. This is tiresome.
All my statements about Gita were correct. What is incorrect is your attitude towards non-Bahai religious as a result of which you have a need to put them down. A good example is your assertion earlier in this thread that Vedas do not mention reincarnation and I proved you wrong by quoting the appropriate Vedic verses. You are again making a grand display of your ignorance of Indian history.

ams

Nov 2019
Thailand
prophets are living scriptures that are infinitely superior to any written scripture. Prophets do not need written scriptures. They can receive revelations from God or they can tap in to God's blueprint behind creation and reveal spiritual truths
:yes:

I think that was the main reason why the very most Prophets (<-- just a term for: "Receiving truth from the spirit of God directly")

were always in trouble with the most "scribes".

Specially with those who had no inner contact to the spirit... but only were able to interpret existings scipture literally... claiming at the same time to be "the official authority".

The conflict between "the scribes" of the religious authority 2000 Years ago and Jesus... is a very typical example.

Resulted in the crucifixion of Jesus... persecution and stoning his followers (ie. Stephan).

The same principle also in the case of Bahāʾullāh.

Bahāʾullāh was in direct contact with the spirit of truth... and of course this living-truth was in contradiction with the death-truth of the many literally interpretations of "the scribes" in his culture and society.

Feb 2019
Chicago
:yes:

I think that was the main reason why the very most Prophets (<-- just a term for: "Receiving truth from the spirit of God directly")

were always in trouble with the most "scribes".

Specially with those who had no inner contact to the spirit... but only were able to interpret existings scipture literally... claiming at the same time to be "the official authority".

The conflict between "the scribes" of the religious authority 2000 Years ago and Jesus... is a very typical example.

Resulted in the crucifixion of Jesus... persecution and stoning his followers (ie. Stephan).

The same principle also in the case of Bahāʾullāh.

Bahāʾullāh was in direct contact with the spirit of truth... and of course this living-truth was in contradiction with the death-truth of the many literally interpretations of "the scribes" in his culture and society.
Very true. I wish the Bab and Bahaullah would have gone to India when they were persecuted. They would have been received with great reverence by the Hindus who have never persecuted Prophets. Outside of India, we see that Jesus, Mohammed, Bab and Bahaullah were persecuted but when you look at India there was never any state sanctioned persecution of Rama, Krishna, Guru Nanak, Buddha or Mahaveer Jain or any of the thousands of prophets that India produced.

ams

Nov 2019
Thailand
Hi Venu

i'm regrettably not too much familiar with the Indian- respectively Hindu history.

But i'm a very... very friend of the teachings of Paramahansa Yogananda.

For me... He was very deep in touch with the spirit of Christ... for me: A true Apostle of Christ.

Of course, i know that Yogananda was a Hindu and Yoga Master.

But this is no way a contradiction to the spirit of Christ. Truth and Truth are always compatible.

Independently of the Nation, Culture and even Religion... Truth is revealed.