Reincarnation

Nov 2019
Hamburg
but you dismiss it as a myth and corrupt scripture
Hi Venu,

Can you prove this assertion with a quotation or have you "proved" the statements of Certtitude even in your consciousness as existing written scripture in India 5.000 or 1.000.000 years ago ? I see no statement that the Bhagavad-gita was a myth or corrupt scripture. Are there any other phenomena that exist in your consciousness and have been proven only there?

Amused Greetings, Jehoschua

P.S.: Before you accuse me of not sticking to Baha'u'llah, I am a Christian.

ams

Nov 2019
Thailand
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
Why do you call yourselves Christians, Buddhists, Mohammedans, Bahais?

You must learn to distinguish the sun of truth from whichever point of the horizon it is shining!

People think religion is confined in an edifice, to be worshiped at an altar.

In reality it is an attitude toward divinity which is reflected through life.

This movement eludes organization.

It is the realization of a new spirit.

The foundation of that spirit is the love of God; and its method the love and service of mankind.

Many who have never heard of this revelation teach its laws and spiritual truths.

These people are performing what Bahāʾullāh hath commanded though they never heard of him.

The power of Bahāʾullāh words is compelling - therefore you must know and love them.
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
Source: 'Abdu'l-Bahá on Divine Philosophy

In the end it is relevant how far you can push your own ego back and serve God, which includes serving your fellow human beings.
Agree :yes:

The above Quote from 'Abdu'l-Bahá says imho the same.

It does'nt really matter what name the Religion is, or what label someone wears.

What counts is "an attitude toward divinity which is reflected through life."

Feb 2019
Chicago
Hi Venu,

Can you prove this assertion with a quotation or have you "proved" the statements of Certtitude even in your consciousness as existing written scripture in India 5.000 or 1.000.000 years ago ? I see no statement that the Bhagavad-gita was a myth or corrupt scripture. Are there any other phenomena that exist in your consciousness and have been proven only there?

Amused Greetings, Jehoschua

P.S.: Before you accuse me of not sticking to Baha'u'llah, I am a Christian.
Here is what Certitude said in post # 120.

"How can you write something down without scripture? That is totally nonsense. I think you should check your resources and stop repeating Hindu myths."

If I have misunderstood her comments, she is free to clarify. The point I am trying to make is that spiritual truths can only be verified in one's consciousness. I can give you examples from the teachings of Jesus Christ who was one with God. His apostles wrote down his teachings which form the four Gospels. Jesus did not always rely on any scripture to expound esoteric spiritual truths. He was a living scripture himself. Even when he did refer to scripture, it was to appeal to the faith of Jews. The teachings of Jesus and Krishna are not myths and interesting stories but it may appear so to the spiritually immature. Here are some esoteric spiritual truths from Jesus Christ and the Old Testament which most people don't understand and can easily be dismissed as fanciful stories and myths.

Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, that everyone who believes in Him may have eternal life - John 3:14-15

What has Moses lifting up the snake got to do with Son of Man getting an eternal life. Let's look at what the Old Testament says about Moses lifting up the snake.

The Lord said to Moses, “Make a snake and put it up on a pole; anyone who is bitten can look at it and live.” So Moses made a bronze snake and put it up on a pole. Then when anyone was bitten by a snake and looked at the bronze snake, they lived. - Numbers 21:8-9

According to the Biblical story, people weren't thankful to God, so God sent snakes to bite them. And people got scared of dying from snake bites and they went to Moses and asked for his help who prayed to God. In response, God told Moses to make a bronze snake and put it on a pole so that everyone who is bitten by a snake can look at the lifeless snake that Moses made and live.

Now how scientific is this teaching that if you are bitten by a poisonous snake, you can look at a bronze snake on a pole and live. Can we demonstrate this truth in a scientific laboratory and if this is nothing more than a Jewish myth, why would Jesus refer to it centuries later as part of his own teachings?

Feb 2019
Chicago
Hi Venu

What is the answer... i mean: What Jesus wanted to say with it?
Would be interesting.
I will send you a private message with my answer. Over here, I will let Jehoschua have the first opportunity to explain the teachings of Jesus in a scientific way since he says he is a Christian that lives in a scientifically advanced country called Germany. In my experience, most Westerners do not understand their own religion but are quite dismissive of Hinduism.

Jun 2014
Wisconsin
This is a really good question, lol. :p

'Abdu'l-Baha said that a Baha'i was simply someone who worked towards the unity of mankind, and that a person could be a Baha'i having never heard of Baha'u'llah.

Source #1: Bahá'í Reference Library - Bahá’u’lláh and the New Era, Pages 71-72
Source #2: Bahá'í Reference Library - ‘Abdu’l-Bahá in London, Pages 97-98

Baha'u'llah repeatedly stated his goal of erasing the distinctions and barriers between religions. (can't find the direct quote right now, may update later)

And yet there are many who use "Baha'i" as a term of religious identity. I don't think this is how we are supposed to be using the word, though. I also don't think "Muslim" was intended by Muhammad as a religious identity, I think it was a rejection of religious identity labels that ended up ironically becoming one. In response to people arguing over identities of being "Jewish" or "Christian" Muhammad simply taught to say "I am one who submits to God" in response... yet that statement "I am Muslim" became an identity in and of itself... :/

Humans are tribal and like group identities on a biological level. And so we adopt them, even when told we should not.

To me it looks like God has been trying to remove the notion of a "religious tribe" from humanity, but humanity still clings to it. My guess is it'll take a few more revelations before we finally give it up, and all become part of one religion without using words to arbitrarily differentiate sects.

Reactions: ams
Feb 2019
Chicago
This is a really good question, lol. :p

'Abdu'l-Baha said that a Baha'i was simply someone who worked towards the unity of mankind, and that a person could be a Baha'i having never heard of Baha'u'llah.

Source #1: Bahá'í Reference Library - Bahá’u’lláh and the New Era, Pages 71-72
Source #2: Bahá'í Reference Library - ‘Abdu’l-Bahá in London, Pages 97-98

Baha'u'llah repeatedly stated his goal of erasing the distinctions and barriers between religions. (can't find the direct quote right now, may update later)

And yet there are many who use "Baha'i" as a term of religious identity. I don't think this is how we are supposed to be using the word, though. I also don't think "Muslim" was intended by Muhammad as a religious identity, I think it was a rejection of religious identity labels that ended up ironically becoming one. In response to people arguing over identities of being "Jewish" or "Christian" Muhammad simply taught to say "I am one who submits to God" in response... yet that statement "I am Muslim" became an identity in and of itself... :/

Humans are tribal and like group identities on a biological level. And so we adopt them, even when told we should not.

To me it looks like God has been trying to remove the notion of a "religious tribe" from humanity, but humanity still clings to it. My guess is it'll take a few more revelations before we finally give it up, and all become part of one religion without using words to arbitrarily differentiate sects.
I like your perspective and tend to agree with it. Every prophet of God has preached brotherhood and unity of mankind but no prophet or religion has been able to accomplish it. In fact religion has divided people and has been used to commit horrible crimes. It is good to work towards to unity of mankind but when we have that as a goal we are implying that mankind is divided. So I think it would be helpful to understand what causes mankind to be divided in the first place. May be if we address the underlying reasons that cause us to be divided, we can erase the divisions and accomplish the unity that eluded every prophet.

Reactions: Trailblazer and ams
Oct 2019
Vrindavan
Greetings to everyone,

Are there any other phenomena that exist in your consciousness and have been proven only there?
The problem is: All phenomena within consciousness can only be examined and confirmed within consciousness. Buddhists explore their own consciousness while rejecting the Vedic reincarnation teachings. Nevertheless, through the study of consciousness alone, they come to the conclusion that rebirth exists. We can go back in time and find that the indological findings have shown that in India (perhaps) an Atman was conceptually fixed only a few centuries before our time, but when we go into meditation we may find that we cannot recognize the beginning of an Atman. Is the meditative knowledge wrong or has science been able to grasp only one part, namely the cultural expression of a metaphysical truth, which may have been limited in time?

And yet there are many who use "Baha'i" as a term of religious identity.
That's the approach. Religion is always culture and thus serves our identification. Our real identity, however, lies beyond material culture, in a spiritual one.