Reincarnation

Aug 2014
Blue Planet
Has Bahaullah rejected the law of karma and reincarnation.....
No dear Venu
Baha'ullah has not rejected the law of Karma; even Islam has not rejected it as you think. in fact Karma is too obviously true to be rejected. Yet, as for the word "reincarnation", I do not think that is the only way for the Karma law to work, and Baha'ullah has given new definition regarding it. what if humanity, at its childhood stage, had understood the meaning of reincarnation wrongly?

Feb 2019
Chicago
Thou hast asked Me concerning the nature of the soul. Know, verily, that the soul is a sign of God, a heavenly gem whose reality the most learned of men hath failed to grasp, and whose mystery no mind, however acute, can ever hope to unravel. It is the first among all created things to declare the excellence of its Creator, the first to recognize His glory, to cleave to His truth, and to bow down in adoration before Him. If it be faithful to God, it will reflect His light, and will, eventually, return to Him. If it fail, however, in its allegiance to its Creator, it will become a victim to self and passion, and will, in the end, sink in their depths. – Baha’u’llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha’u’llah, LXXXII, pp. 158-59

Check out the text highlighted above. Bahaullah is saying that if the soul is not faithful to God, it will become a victim to self and passion. Any reference to self and passion implies an incarnation - that is birth in a physical form. I suspect many folks here will disagree with me which is fine but I would humbly ask for a logical explanation. I think we need to consider that since God has has give us free will, we can use it to evolve spiritually and grow closer to God and manifest His divine qualities in our lives or we can reject God and promote evil. What happens to the people who belong to the latter category. If someone is addicted to wine and sex and dies without overcoming that addiction, how does the soul overcome the desire for wine and sex without a physical body. It cannot help but reincarnate and become a victim to self and passion as Bahaullah says.