Reincarnation

Feb 2019
Chicago
I investigated the Baha’i Faith and discovered what it taught. Then I reasoned that progressive revelation makes sense and that is why I believe it.
Reading is not investigating. Memorizing is not knowing. Please get a good English dictionary.

I have clarity from Baha’u’llah. That is all I need to have certainty.
You cannot have certainty about India's religions from Bahaullah's writings because he hardly ever commented on them. So you should display some humility and stop commenting on India's religions but your spiritual ego does not allow you to do that. You have to cut off everyone's head to stand tall.

No, it is a sign that I do not have time to study all the older religions. It is also a sign that I have what I need in the Revelation of Baha’u’llah.
Then stop commenting on other religions. When you don't have the time, interest or knowledge of others religions, why put them down as inferior.

They have the spiritual teachings that individuals need but they do not have a “program” for the salvation of all of humanity. Only the Baha’i Faith has that.
The Bahai need to be united and save themselves by practicing the teachings of Bahaullah before they can save humanity. So far, that has not happened. Instead, the Bahai history reflects dissension, power struggle, expulsions and religious splits.

You said "Science is a separate domain from religion. Science cannot prove anything about religion."
You also said "The harmony of science and religion is an essential teaching of the Baha’i Faith "

Those two claims are contradictory. I do not think you know what you are talking about. You just keep dishing out nonsense.

It is nobody’s business whether I meditate or not. That is no reflection on my character, which is all that is important at the end of the day. I will deal with my personal relationship to God in my own way. I do not need to experience God through meditation to know about God.
You cannot apply the name ‘man’ to any being void of this faculty of meditation; without it he would be a mere animal, lower than the beasts. - Abdul Baha
Bahá'í Reference Library - Paris Talks, Pages 173-176

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
It is not true that no one can answer the questions I have raised. Many Hindu avatars have answered them in explicit detail. It is just that you have not studied their teachings and your understanding is very limited. Abdul Baha does not answer why some have to die soon after birth while some live for more than 100 years. These are events happening in this world. If a religion cannot explain it, there is something missing in the religion. Simply saying that this world is not our true home and so we don't have to understand the reasons for these events and there is a better future in the spiritual world, just exposes the gross ignorance.
You said: Abdu’l-Baha does not answer why some have to die soon after birth while some live for more than 100 years.

Both Baha’u’llah and Abdu’l-Baha did answer that when they addressed fate and predestination.

Fate and Predestination
68: FATE

There are some things that we have no answers to. We do not need to have all the answers. Only God has all the answers because God is All-Knowing. To make up answers just so we will have answers is not the solution to the problem. I would rather have no answer than the wrong answer.

I only going to absolutely believe what a Manifestation of God reveals and what was written by Baha’u’llah’s appointed interpreters. There is truth elsewhere but I am not going to believe it unless I trust the source. There is no reason for me to believe a Hindu avatar. I am not a Hindu.
You seem to believe that the Bahai faith has answers that other religions do not have. Let's start with the basics. Does the Bahai faith explain why you have five fingers on each hand instead of four or six. Hinduism has answers to such questions. I can share the answer if you are interested.
Why would it be important to know that? How would that affect the way I live and grow spiritually?

I do not doubt that Hinduism has some answers the Baha’i Faith does not have, but the converse also applies. They are different religions that were revealed at different times in history, and they were revealed differently and for a different purpose. Please share. I am always open to learning from other people who have knowledge I do not have. That is one way we learn.

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
Putting down other religions as outdated, corrupted and abrogated is an egotistic attitude.
Take that up with Baha'u'llah and Shoghi Effendi, not me. I am not the one who wrote that. I just passed it along.

“This is the Day when the loved ones of God should keep their eyes directed towards His Manifestation, and fasten them upon whatsoever that Manifestation may be pleased to reveal. Certain traditions of bygone ages rest on no foundations whatever, while the notions entertained by past generations, and which they have recorded in their books, have, for the most part, been influenced by the desires of a corrupt inclination. Thou dost witness how most of the commentaries and interpretations of the words of God, now current amongst men, are devoid of truth. Their falsity hath, in some cases, been exposed when 172 the intervening veils were rent asunder. They themselves have acknowledged their failure in apprehending the meaning of any of the words of God.”
“In conclusion of this theme, I feel, it should be stated that the Revelation identified with Bahá’u’lláh abrogates unconditionally all the Dispensations gone before it, upholds uncompromisingly the eternal verities they enshrine, recognizes firmly and absolutely the Divine origin of their Authors, preserves inviolate the sanctity of their authentic Scriptures, disclaims any intention of lowering the status of their Founders or of abating the spiritual ideals they inculcate, clarifies and correlates their functions, reaffirms their common, their unchangeable and fundamental purpose, reconciles their seemingly divergent claims and doctrines, readily and gratefully recognizes their respective contributions to the gradual unfoldment of one Divine Revelation, unhesitatingly acknowledges itself to be but one link in the chain of continually progressive Revelations, supplements their teachings with such laws and ordinances as conform to the imperative needs, and are dictated by the growing receptivity, of a fast evolving and constantly changing society, and proclaims its readiness and ability to fuse and incorporate the contending sects and factions into which they have fallen into a universal Fellowship, functioning within the framework, and in accordance with the precepts, of a divinely conceived, a world-unifying, a world-redeeming Order.” God Passes By, p. 100
However, it was only the former Dispensations that have been abrogated. The religions themselves have not been abrogated.

“Let no one, however, mistake my purpose. The Revelation, of which Bahá’u’lláh is the source and center, abrogates none of the religions that have preceded it, nor does it attempt, in the slightest degree, to distort their features or to belittle their value. It disclaims any intention of dwarfing any of the Prophets of the past, or of whittling down the eternal verity of their teachings. It can, in no wise, conflict with the spirit that animates their claims, nor does it seek to undermine the basis of any man’s allegiance to their cause. Its declared, its primary purpose is to enable every adherent of these Faiths to obtain a fuller understanding of the religion with which he stands identified, and to acquire a clearer apprehension of its purpose. It is neither eclectic in the presentation of its truths, nor arrogant in the affirmation of its claims. Its teachings revolve around the fundamental principle that religious truth is not absolute but relative, that Divine Revelation is progressive, not final. Unequivocally and without the least reservation it proclaims all established religions to be divine in origin, identical in their aims, complementary in their functions, continuous in their purpose, indispensable in their value to mankind.” The World Order of Bahá’u’lláh, pp, 57-58

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
So what if all religions teach that God is loving, kind, merciful, compassionate and fair? That does not prove anything at all.

You are missing the point which was that there is a contradiction between the events we see in God's creation and the claims that scriptures make about God being merciful and kind. If a religion cannot explain the contradiction, it proves something is missing in that religion.
There is an apparent contradiction. You assume that suffering is not merciful or kind because of how you interpret suffering. However, one reason for suffering is that it helps us develop spiritually, and even if we cannot see the effect in this world we will realize it in the next world. As such we only see half of the picture since we do you know what awaits souls in the next world.
I only believe it because I believe what Baha’u’llah wrote, halfheartedly I add, because I see a contradiction in all the suffering in the world.

That contradiction can only be resolved through the law of karma and reincarnation.
You are free to believe that if you want to because you have free will. I believe in karma but I do not believe in reincarnation. Coming back to this world to suffer all over again does not resolve anything because everyone suffers in this world, since that is the nature of the material world. Imo, a spiritual world where there will be no more suffering resolves the suffering. In both cases, the person who is suffering in this world has to live their life until they die, so the only question is what happens after they die.

The only possibility of being free of suffering is to live in the spiritual world, where there will be no more suffering for those who were true believers, only joy and gladness. Nobody really knows the capacity of anyone, only God knows that, so only God can know why some people fail to develop spiritually. I trust God will handle it accordingly according to His mercy and justice.
It is not Shoghi Effendi’s job to make the events of the world look fair to people.

But as a religious leader he should be able to explain why the events in God's creation seem unfair and merciless while God is supposed to be full of mercy. How does Shoghi Effendi explain seemingly innocent people getting killed in a Tsumani or earthquakes which are considered acts of God. I bet Shoghi Effendi has no clue and no wonder you have no clue either. It is a case of blind leading the blind.
There is no answer to that except that the fate and predestination of people differ. I do not pretend to know why because I cannot know. Apparently you think you know what nobody else knows, why good people suffer through no fault of their own.
You cannot verify my experiences. So your comments are just funny.
I do not need to verify your experiences because they have no bearing on me.
A lot of faithful muslim men believe they will go to heaven and have sex with eternal virgins. Good luck with blind faith.
What other people believe owing to a misinterpretation of their scriptures is a red herring. I do not have blind faith; I have a reason-based faith which is based upon what Baha’u’llah wrote.

All I need are the Writings of Baha’u’llah. I cannot know more than a Manifestation of God because He has the knowledge of God, and God is All-Knowing.
You also need the ability to understand his teachings which you obviously never bothered to develop. So all you can do is copy and paste.
How can you possibly know what I have done? How do you know what I have bothered to develop? How do you know that all I can do is copy and paste? The fact that I post quotes does not mean that is all I do. Only I know and God knows what I have done in my life.
Earlier in this thread, I did quote him saying that the soul that is not faithful to God will sink further in to depths of the self and passion. That is a reference to coming back in to this world.
“Thou hast asked Me concerning the nature of the soul. Know, verily, that the soul is a sign of God, a heavenly gem whose reality the most learned of men hath failed to grasp, and whose mystery no mind, however acute, can ever hope to unravel. It is the first among all created things to declare the excellence of its Creator, the first to recognize His glory, to cleave to His truth, and to bow down in adoration before Him. If it be faithful to God, it will reflect His light, and will, eventually, return unto Him. If it fail, however, in its allegiance to its Creator, it will become a victim to self and passion, and will, in the end, sink in their depths.”

That last sentence says nothing about coming back to this world. It means they will go to hell, which is a state of the soul that is far from God and instead sinks into the depths of self and passion.

“Say: He ordaineth as He pleaseth, by virtue of His sovereignty, and doeth whatsoever He willeth at His own behest. He shall not be asked of the things it pleaseth Him to ordain. He, in truth, is the Unrestrained, the All-Powerful, the All-Wise.
They that have disbelieved in God and rebelled against His sovereignty are the helpless victims of their corrupt inclinations and desires. These shall return to their abode in the fire of hell: wretched is the abode of the deniers!” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp, 284-285
Shoghi Effendi also wrote: In that future life, God, through His mercy, can help us to evolve characteristics which we neglected to develop while we were on this earthly plane.

That sounds like a recipe for promoting spiritual laziness. Why would anyone serious about spiritual progress want to neglect cultivation of spiritual qualities and why would God help the lazy? This is similar to the belief that if you embrace Jesus as your savior, he will wash your sins with his blood and take you to heaven.
It does not say that God will help us evolve; it says that God can help us evolve. I imagine whether God helps or not will depend upon why the person failed to develop their spiritual qualities. Everyone has different capacity and a different set of life circumstances, so not the same is expected of ever that would be unjust. However, to those who make the most effort will develop more within their capacity.

“From the exalted source, and out of the essence of His favor and bounty He hath entrusted every created thing with a sign of His knowledge, so that none of His creatures may be deprived of its share in expressing, each according to its capacity and rank, this knowledge. This sign is the mirror of His beauty in the world of creation. The greater the effort exerted for the refinement of this sublime and noble mirror, the more faithfully will it be made to reflect the glory of the names and attributes of God, and reveal the wonders of His signs and knowledge.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 262
The Hindu avatars teach that entering the kingdom of God is like threading a needle which is impossible if any fibers stick out. Even if one imperfection stands out, you cannot enter.
That Kingdom must be pretty empty. :rolleyes:

That sounds a bit like the Christian belief that only “certain Christians” will get to heaven.
I am sorry, but I do not believe that people have to be perfect to get to heaven. They only have to love God and their neighbor and live a moral life, doing good works according to their capacity.
Bahaullah also said that there are other planets like earth in God's creation. Can you explain why you were born here and not on another planet?
No, I cannot explain that and it does not matter to me because I do not need to know.
The only way God can recompense the suffering is in another world that is far superior to this world.
But why would God allow suffering in the first place. Why should an innocent girl be repeatedly raped in God's creation. What is her mistake? Would you cause suffering to your children in one room of your house and recompense the suffering in another room. Makes no sense.
On this I can agree with you. Suffering seems to be random, and it makes no sense. I post to atheists day and night, so I constantly have to address this issue of why an omnipotent God would allow so much suffering. I hardly ever post to believers, but when I do they just write off suffering as if it does not exist because they have to cover for their loving God. I am glad to see another believer who has some compassion, they are pretty rare. Most atheists have more compassion than most believers, sad to say.

I have no answer except that the suffering will end after we die physically if we developed spiritually. If we didn’t develop spiritually then God will have to choose whether if He is going to be merciful or not, depending upon the reasons for our failure to develop. It is also a Baha’i belief that the prayers of others can help souls advance in the spiritual world.

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
I investigated the Baha’i Faith and discovered what it taught. Then I reasoned that progressive revelation makes sense and that is why I believe it.

Reading is not investigating. Memorizing is not knowing. Please get a good English dictionary.
How do you know that all I did was read it? How do you know that I memorized it? In short, how do you know how I investigated the Baha’i Faith?
You cannot have certainty about India's religions from Bahaullah's writings because he hardly ever commented on them. So you should display some humility and stop commenting on India's religions but your spiritual ego does not allow you to do that. You have to cut off everyone's head to stand tall.
I said: “It is obvious that the older religions do not have what humanity needs in this new age.”

You said: “You say you have not studied all the religions but yet make claims that older religions do not have what humanity needs. You are claiming knowledge of religions you have not studied. You have certainty without clarity.”

I said: I have clarity from Baha’u’llah. That is all I need to have certainty.

What I have clarity from Baha’u’llah about is that the older religions do not have what humanity needs in this new age.

“The All-Knowing Physician hath His finger on the pulse of mankind. He perceiveth the disease, and prescribeth, in His unerring wisdom, the remedy. Every age hath its own problem, and every soul its particular aspiration. The remedy the world needeth in its present-day afflictions can never be the same as that which a subsequent age may require. Be anxiously concerned with the needs of the age ye live in, and center your deliberations on its exigencies and requirements.”

When did I ever say I have certainty about India’s religions? Quite the contrary, I said I do not know anything about Hinduism.

You are the one who is cutting off my head to stand tall so you are projecting. You are constantly criticizing me whereas all I do is speak for what I believe. I criticize nobody. Disagreeing about religious beliefs is not the same as criticizing a person and their behavior.

What I believe is that the older religions are not pertinent to this new age, and I believe that because Baha’u’llah wrote it. It is not coming from my ego. It is coming from Baha’u’llah. I post the quotes so you can see where it is coming from, straight from the Pen of Baha’u’llah.

Please show me where I commented on India’s religions. I ONLY commented on what you have written, period. That is what people do on forums.
No, it is a sign that I do not have time to study all the older religions. It is also a sign that I have what I need in the Revelation of Baha’u’llah.

Then stop commenting on other religions. When you don't have the time, interest or knowledge of others religions, why put them down as inferior.
Show me where I put other religions down as inferior. Those are your words, not mine. All I ever said is that the older religions do not have what humanity needs in this new age, according to Baha’u’llah.

Again, you are projecting, because you are putting down the Baha’i Faith as inferior to Hinduism, saying it does not have all the “answers” as to why people suffer in this world and that it discourages scientific inquiry, etc.
They have the spiritual teachings that individuals need but they do not have a “program” for the salvation of all of humanity. Only the Baha’i Faith has that.

The Bahai need to be united and save themselves by practicing the teachings of Bahaullah before they can save humanity. So far, that has not happened. Instead, the Bahai history reflects dissension, power struggle, expulsions and religious splits.
That is a red herring because it does not negate the fact that the Baha’i Faith has a program for the regeneration of humanity.

Also, all that occurred in the 19th century and early 20th century, and there were reasons why it happened. It was in no way a reflection upon the Baha’is who were faithful to the Cause of Baha’u’llah, it was because of detractors and Covenant-breakers.

How do you know that so far that has not happened (that Baha’is have not practiced the teachings of Baha’u’llah?) Is there anything you have to offer besides criticism of other people and their religion? Is it a Hindu teaching to criticize other people and their religions? It is not a Baha’i teaching.

26: O SON OF BEING! How couldst thou forget thine own faults and busy thyself with the faults of others? Whoso doeth this is accursed of Me.
44: O COMPANION OF MY THRONE! Hear no evil, and see no evil, abase not thyself, neither sigh and weep. Speak no evil, that thou mayest not hear it spoken unto thee, and magnify not the faults of others that thine own faults may not appear great; and wish not the abasement of anyone, that thine own abasement be not exposed. Live then the days of thy life, that are less than a fleeting moment, with thy mind stainless, thy heart unsullied, thy thoughts pure, and thy nature sanctified, so that, free and content, thou mayest put away this mortal frame, and repair unto the mystic paradise and abide in the eternal kingdom for evermore.
66: O EMIGRANTS! The tongue I have designed for the mention of Me, defile it not with detraction. If the fire of self overcome you, remember your own faults and not the faults of My creatures, inasmuch as every one of you knoweth his own self better than he knoweth others.
I said "Science is a separate domain from religion. Science cannot prove anything about religion."
I also said "The harmony of science and religion is an essential teaching of the Baha’i Faith”

Those two claims are contradictory. I do not think you know what you are talking about. You just keep dishing out nonsense.
No, those are not contradictory. Science and religion are separate spheres of knowledge but they can be in harmony as long as they do not contradict each other.
The Baha’i Faith does not contradict science but rather promotes it as absolutely necessary for humanity to progress.

“Now, all questions of morality contained in the spiritual, immutable law of every religion are logically right. If religion were contrary to logical reason then it would cease to be a religion and be merely a tradition. Religion and science are the two wings upon which man’s intelligence can soar into the heights, with which the human soul can progress. It is not possible to fly with one wing alone! Should a man try to fly with the wing of religion alone he would quickly fall into the quagmire of superstition, whilst on the other hand, with the wing of science alone he would also make no progress, but fall into the despairing slough of materialism...” Paris Talks, p. 143
It is nobody’s business whether I meditate or not. That is no reflection on my character, which is all that is important at the end of the day. I will deal with my personal relationship to God in my own way. I do not need to experience God through meditation to know about God.

You cannot apply the name ‘man’ to any being void of this faculty of meditation; without it he would be a mere animal, lower than the beasts. - Abdul Baha
Bahá'í Reference Library - Paris Talks, Pages 173-176
Abdu’l-Baha did not say anything about practicing meditation; he said “the faculty of meditation.” That means the ability to meditate, an ability other animals do not possess.

Definition of meditate
1 : to engage in contemplation or reflection He meditated long and hard before announcing his decision.
2 : to engage in mental exercise (such as concentration on one's breathing or repetition of a mantra) for the purpose of reaching a heightened level of spiritual awareness.
Definition of MEDITATE

Shoghi Effendi wrote:​
There are no set forms of meditation prescribed in the teachings, no plan, as such, for inner development. The friends are urged—nay enjoined—to pray, and they also should meditate, but the manner of doing the latter is left entirely to the individual.... (25 January 1943 to two believers)

I do meditate upon the Writings every time I read them, but that does not make me spiritual. A person could meditate every day of their life but if it did not affect their behavior or improve their character it would be for naught.

“In one of the Tablets these words have been revealed: O people of God! Do not busy yourselves in your own concerns; let your thoughts be fixed upon that which will rehabilitate the fortunes of mankind and sanctify the hearts and souls of men. This can best be achieved through pure and holy deeds, through a virtuous life and a goodly behavior. Valiant acts will ensure the triumph of this Cause, and a saintly character will reinforce its power. Cleave unto righteousness, O people of Bahá! This, verily, is the commandment which this wronged One hath given unto you, and the first choice of His unrestrained Will for every one of you.”

Aug 2019
Berlin
Putting down other religions as outdated, corrupted and abrogated is an egotistic attitude.
It's interesting. We have the year 2019 - and most of us know, that every religion, tradition or other system are developing over the centuries. It's a complete normal thing. The same will happen with the Baha'i religion in the future. But the belief, that there will exists a system that has nothing changes, no different views, no interpretations; the same system is supposed to be 5000 years old (without any historical proof) and that is logical ? I am not sure about this.

Often the leading classes of such systems promote such myths to preservate own social-political norms and a system of inequality. To realize that also such a system is not timeless, including social norms, will help to destroy social inequalities, the subordination of women and racial discriminations against other people. I know, you don't like western science in the religious or historical questions, but it is also a assumption that the Brahmana class have, during the period before writing down the Vedas, changed some theological aspects to preservate the own leading position in the cast system.

That is often the true reason for systems that consider themselves as timeless.

Aug 2019
Berlin
Why would it be important to know that? How would that affect the way I live and grow spiritually?
That's a good point. Only people think about such details: People search for a perfect system, because they know, that they are not perfect. That is a big problem for the Ego of human species. So people need knowledge about unimportant details to compensate their lack of perfection and knowledge. If a revelation tell you why you have 5 fingers, but have no answers about the needs of the time, then it is a hint that this system have developed over the years and created/changed by man. Because facts about biological aspects could be known by man trough science, but the destination of the soul and ethical knowledge cannot be found by science.

If a system gives you details about nonsense but not about the big answers concerning needs of the time, then it is obvious that it is created by man. People who explore the Baha'i Faith with an open heart can understand this point, that the revelation of Baha'u'llah gives us the information, that working together for the union of mankind is more important than theological details. That is the reason why Baha'u'llah never talked about every detail. That is also part of the revelation, that not all answers and not all knowledge of the world can help people for the needs of the time. Because of that Baha'u'llah gives us the complete freedom to explore religious knowledge for ourselve.

This discussion is in some ways a little bit strange. In the same sense could the Church today say: "Well, Jesus tells nothing about the Trinity, so it seems that he has no knowledge about the world and not the perfect revelation." But the truth is, that the Trinity is a man-created concept that came many hundred of years after Jesus. And in the same way there come religions who say "Hey, we have more knowledge". But the truth is, that often these religions have no proof that this knowledge is not created by man. Their origin and history lies in darkness and their scriptures were developed by man/priests/brahmana cast to preservate their social-political supremacy.

Feb 2019
Chicago
You said: Abdu’l-Baha does not answer why some have to die soon after birth while some live for more than 100 years.

Both Baha’u’llah and Abdu’l-Baha did answer that when they addressed fate and predestination.

Fate and Predestination
68: FATE
Calling it fate and predestination is not an explanation. It is merely coming up with labels. Such labels do not help a person how to overcome a situation and will destroy one's will power since a bad situation may be accepted as irrevocable fate and the person may do nothing. If Abraham Lincoln had embraced such philosophy, he would have never become the U.S president because his early life was a series of failures.

I only going to absolutely believe what a Manifestation of God reveals and what was written by Baha’u’llah’s appointed interpreters. There is truth elsewhere but I am not going to believe it unless I trust the source. There is no reason for me to believe a Hindu avatar. I am not a Hindu.
Then I am not sure why you participate in a discussion over reincarnation. The logical conclusions about reincarnation do not come from belief. It comes from a keen observation, intellectual analysis and rational thinking.

Feb 2019
Chicago
Take that up with Baha'u'llah and Shoghi Effendi, not me. I am not the one who wrote that. I just passed it along.

“This is the Day when the loved ones of God should keep their eyes directed towards His Manifestation, and fasten them upon whatsoever that Manifestation may be pleased to reveal. Certain traditions of bygone ages rest on no foundations whatever, while the notions entertained by past generations, and which they have recorded in their books, have, for the most part, been influenced by the desires of a corrupt inclination. Thou dost witness how most of the commentaries and interpretations of the words of God, now current amongst men, are devoid of truth. Their falsity hath, in some cases, been exposed when 172 the intervening veils were rent asunder. They themselves have acknowledged their failure in apprehending the meaning of any of the words of God.”
“In conclusion of this theme, I feel, it should be stated that the Revelation identified with Bahá’u’lláh abrogates unconditionally all the Dispensations gone before it, upholds uncompromisingly the eternal verities they enshrine, recognizes firmly and absolutely the Divine origin of their Authors, preserves inviolate the sanctity of their authentic Scriptures, disclaims any intention of lowering the status of their Founders or of abating the spiritual ideals they inculcate, clarifies and correlates their functions, reaffirms their common, their unchangeable and fundamental purpose, reconciles their seemingly divergent claims and doctrines, readily and gratefully recognizes their respective contributions to the gradual unfoldment of one Divine Revelation, unhesitatingly acknowledges itself to be but one link in the chain of continually progressive Revelations, supplements their teachings with such laws and ordinances as conform to the imperative needs, and are dictated by the growing receptivity, of a fast evolving and constantly changing society, and proclaims its readiness and ability to fuse and incorporate the contending sects and factions into which they have fallen into a universal Fellowship, functioning within the framework, and in accordance with the precepts, of a divinely conceived, a world-unifying, a world-redeeming Order.” God Passes By, p. 100
However, it was only the former Dispensations that have been abrogated. The religions themselves have not been abrogated.

“Let no one, however, mistake my purpose. The Revelation, of which Bahá’u’lláh is the source and center, abrogates none of the religions that have preceded it, nor does it attempt, in the slightest degree, to distort their features or to belittle their value. It disclaims any intention of dwarfing any of the Prophets of the past, or of whittling down the eternal verity of their teachings. It can, in no wise, conflict with the spirit that animates their claims, nor does it seek to undermine the basis of any man’s allegiance to their cause. Its declared, its primary purpose is to enable every adherent of these Faiths to obtain a fuller understanding of the religion with which he stands identified, and to acquire a clearer apprehension of its purpose. It is neither eclectic in the presentation of its truths, nor arrogant in the affirmation of its claims. Its teachings revolve around the fundamental principle that religious truth is not absolute but relative, that Divine Revelation is progressive, not final. Unequivocally and without the least reservation it proclaims all established religions to be divine in origin, identical in their aims, complementary in their functions, continuous in their purpose, indispensable in their value to mankind.” The World Order of Bahá’u’lláh, pp, 57-58

I am not sure how the Bahai interpret the words dispensation and religion. In a religious context, dispensation means a religious dispensation and not a commercial/business dispensation. For me a religious dispensation and religion are pretty much the same unless you interpret them as organization and scriptures.

Aug 2019
Berlin
. The logical conclusions about reincarnation do not come from belief. It comes from a keen observation, intellectual analysis and rational thinking.
Neither observation, nor intellectual analysis or your ratio are faultless. The logical conclusion is, that conclusions that drawns from these methods are also not faultless.