Ronald McNair died 30 years ago today

Mar 2013
_
..on his way back into space, aboard Space Shuttle Challenger. I remember it well. I was a kid staying home sick and heard the report as it came through, Challenger exploded. Judy Resnik had visited our elementary school once, a couple of years before. She It sunk in. But I did not know anything about Ron McNair at the time. He was one of seven brave people that died going to space.

That's a shame, because he was really a man worth knowing.

He was a Baha'i, a scientist, an astronaut, a fifth degree black belt in karate, a saxophone player, and once upon a time a child who would not be refused access to a library due to his ethnicity.

BHM Remembers: Dr Ronald McNair

Sep 2010
Normanton Far North Queensland
..on his way back into space, aboard Space Shuttle Challenger. I remember it well. I was a kid staying home sick and heard the report as it came through, Challenger exploded. Judy Resnik had visited our elementary school once, a couple of years before. She It sunk in. But I did not know anything about Ron McNair at the time. He was one of seven brave people that died going to space.

That's a shame, because he was really a man worth knowing.

He was a Baha'i, a scientist, an astronaut, a fifth degree black belt in karate, a saxophone player, and once upon a time a child who would not be refused access to a library due to his ethnicity.

BHM Remembers: Dr Ronald McNair
Missed this post, thank you good story, I remember the story breaking on the TV, very shocking, not long a Baha'i myself.

Regards Tony