Ruhi 1.1.1.1.....

Oct 2014
Stockholm
For long, I've been considering the Ruhi book series. I've felt that it goes too abruptly from Book 1, which takes a general approach to life and life after death, to Book 2 that more or less presupposes that the reader already has accepted the Faith.

What I'm after is a series of books at the Ruhi 1 level, which go through the teachings of different creeds in the light of the Bahá'í Revelation, each book dealing with a certain theme.

The book I have in mind is a book that deals with the question "What is man?". As Bahá'ís, we hve straightforward teachings, telling us that inside of everyone, there is a little seed that wants to grow, and it is fertilized with prayers and guided by knowledge - the virues playing an impotant part.

What I have in mind is some kind of Virtues approach, which is clear about the divine origins of the Virtues. And the very point is that the participants in such a circle in no way should feel obliged to join the Faith, merely being invited to partake of its light and return to their own creeds with their minds illuminated.

The target groups that I äm thinking of are groups of people who might not know what they are searching for, who might have rough surfaces and difficult experiences, but who haven't given up their hopes.

We live in very troubled times, and I feel that it's a shame and an unforgivable sin not to try to cater to the needs of the multitude that actually are seeking for an unswer to questions that they might not even have asked in a conscious manner. On the other hand, we know that the little seed inside of everyone craves for nourishment and education. Therefore, we must be ready for new approaches.

It is possible that my little country is too small to provide a launching pad for such a project. Maybe it must be an international cooperative effort.

gnat

Oct 2013
United States
Really like the idea of more "outreach" materials to make the teachings of the Faith more accessible and show their relevance to those who are not at this time interested in becoming Baha'is.

Oct 2014
Stockholm
Indeed, my vision is that of a situation where, for every Bahá'í, there are 10, 20, 100 people who are inspired by the teachings, who have learned to love Bahá'u'lláh and who are trying their best to implement the teachings in their daily lives, in their professions, who might eventually join the Faith, but who, above all, are united in a common effort to bring about a better life for their fellow men. I know a number of candidates, but I cannot do this alone, but I sure would like to try this.

Best

from

gnat

P. S. "Outreach material" is a good term.

Oct 2013
United States
I am with you 100%, the goal is the intellectual, social and spiritual transformation and unity of humanity, not the enrollment of members of the Baha'i religion.

We will get plenty of the latter if we focus on the former, first in ourselves, also in the uplifting of the vision and aspirations of our fellow human beings.

“…Without the spirit of real love... the Cause can never really bring in large numbers of people. For it is not preaching any rules the world wants, but love and action…”

- from a letter written on behalf of Shoghi Effendi to an individual believer, October 25 1949

Dec 2015
N Ireland
I've often thought about the teaching methods used. If a man was starving, one would treat his stomach gently with bland and light food rather than place a rich banquet before him. There are so many unbelievers in the world, surely we should talk to them at length about God and faith in general before delving into Baha'i beliefs and topics?

Sep 2010
Earth
Indeed, my vision is that of a situation where, for every Bahá'í, there are 10, 20, 100 people who are inspired by the teachings, who have learned to love Bahá'u'lláh and who are trying their best to implement the teachings in their daily lives, in their professions, who might eventually join the Faith, but who, above all, are united in a common effort to bring about a better life for their fellow men. I know a number of candidates, but I cannot do this alone, but I sure would like to try this.

Best

from

gnat

P. S. "Outreach material" is a good term.
This is good Gnat :yes:

If I can help?

Regards Tony

Sep 2010
Earth
Let's see. I wouldn't be surprised if this site could produce something tangible. We have been tests to each other and survived. :)

gnat
Metal thrown in the furnance is easier for the hand of might to mould as He sees fit. ;)

God bless and regards Tony

Oct 2014
Stockholm
And who should be our target groups? Sometime, one hears the mening that those that should be targeted are those who already amnifest all the attributes of a Bahá'í. But one shouldn't be too sure. Those peope are already happy and satisfied with what they have. Let us consult Rumi for a moment:

“The wound is the place where the Light enters you.”

One could also consider people who have gone through serious problems. Personally, I've come in contacts with fathers, who go through real hell for the sake of their children, who have to fight for custody in really dirty legal battles. It has struck me to what extent they often have to consider what is essential for a little child to learn in order to survive spiritually.

gnat

Sep 2010
Earth
And who should be our target groups? Sometime, one hears the mening that those that should be targeted are those who already amnifest all the attributes of a Bahá'í. But one shouldn't be too sure. Those peope are already happy and satisfied with what they have. Let us consult Rumi for a moment:

“The wound is the place where the Light enters you.”

One could also consider people who have gone through serious problems. Personally, I've come in contacts with fathers, who go through real hell for the sake of their children, who have to fight for custody in really dirty legal battles. It has struck me to what extent they often have to consider what is essential for a little child to learn in order to survive spiritually.

gnat
I have always thought that we do not spend enough time considering this question.

Abdul'baha says to serve the poor, sick and destitute.

These days, could it be that this has expanded considerably to those that have material wealth as well.

Thoughts?

Regards Tony