Ruhi book 4

Nov 2010
Richmond, Indiana
Hello!
I am (almost) done with book four and I need to ask you guys for examples for these two questions!

Could anyone describe crises and victories the Faith has had in the past few decades?

And can anyone describe some of the Opposition to the Faith right here in America and what results this opposition has attained or results it has given the Faith?

Sep 2010
Louisiana
how far back?

Losing the Guardian was a crisis that concluded with the Most Great Jubilee in 1963 which Abdul'baha explains was a prophecy, that resulted in the election of the first Universal House of Justice. It wasn't planned though, it did however unfold, organically. I posted an article by Mr. Nakhjavani about this on this forum.

In the late 50's early 1960's there were only about 20,000 Baha'is in the USA, then by about 1973 there were 75,000. Due to failure to consolidate these troops we lost many. There was no money then either. This has led to development of the Ruhi Courses which are for the purpose of training people to serve others.

In the 1980's we have had a member elected to the NSA who was not seated, was disenrolled or removed from the Faith who then legally challenged the Faith's ability to disenroll him and lost.

That is what I can come up with off the top of my head.

Jun 2006
California
Hello!
I am (almost) done with book four and I need to ask you guys for examples for these two questions!

Could anyone describe crises and victories the Faith has had in the past few decades?

And can anyone describe some of the Opposition to the Faith right here in America and what results this opposition has attained or results it has given the Faith?
Some victories, more than I know of but here are some:

Dedication of the Terraces in the Holy Land...

Recognition of the Faith in Vietnam...

World wide teaching efforts..

Site for the Baha'i House of Worship in Santiago, Chile

World wide conferences a few years ago..

Well crises are not always obvious and may not be the same to everyone.. There is constant opposition from some groups but their opposition is also very obvious even to people relatively new to the Faith so they can usually discern what is legitimately Baha'i and what isn't.

Some quotes:

As opposition to the Faith, from whatever source it may spring, whatever form it may assume, however violent its outbursts, is admittedly the motive-power that galvanizes on the one hand, the souls of its valiant defenders, and taps for them, on the other, fresh springs of that Divine and inexhaustible Energy, we who are called upon to represent, defend and promote its interests, should, far from regarding any manifestation of hostility as an evidence of the weakening of the pillars of the Faith, acclaim it as both a God-sent gift and a God-sent opportunity which, if we remain undaunted, we can utilize for the furtherance of His Faith and the routing and complete elimination of its adversaries.

~ Shoghi Effendi, Messages to America, p. 51-52

The achievement we are today celebrating brings into focus two paradoxical realities. Within the Faith itself, the gathering strength of the Bahá'í community presages a great surge forward, intimations of which are already everywhere apparent. Inevitably, as Shoghi Effendi several times emphasized, this advance will excite even more intense opposition than the Cause has so far encountered, opposition that will in turn release the greater forces needed for the still more demanding tasks that lie ahead.

~ The Universal House of Justice, 2001 May 24, To Believers Gathered for Terrace Events, p. 3

The passing of the Hands of the Cause was for some of us a crisis in the past few decades or so as we had been inspired by them..but they also prepared for their passing and left us with a rich heirloom of wisdom and experience..!