Sad To Hear About James Mock Death

Jan 2018
Maine
So anyways here's what happened. I was watching a Baha'i vs Christian debate on you tube with a Baha'i named James Mock and was sad to hear that he passed away in 2007. I was searching to see if he had been involved with other debates online and that's how I found out that he had passed on into the afterlife. The Christian was really disrespectful to the two Baha'is that were in the debate. But I think that the Baha'is did there best. Some of these people are difficult to talk to and are set on there own interpretation and are unwilling to accept alternate interpretations. To me the Baha'i interpretation made more sense than the Christian one. Maybe you guys can watch it and let me know what you think.

ITSATIMSLIFE: The Passing of James Mock

Sep 2010
Normanton Far North Queensland
So anyways here's what happened. I was watching a Baha'i vs Christian debate on you tube with a Baha'i named James Mock and was sad to hear that he passed away in 2007. I was searching to see if he had been involved with other debates online and that's how I found out that he had passed on into the afterlife. The Christian was really disrespectful to the two Baha'is that were in the debate. But I think that the Baha'is did there best. Some of these people are difficult to talk to and are set on there own interpretation and are unwilling to accept alternate interpretations. To me the Baha'i interpretation made more sense than the Christian one. Maybe you guys can watch it and let me know what you think.

ITSATIMSLIFE: The Passing of James Mock
Thanks Joey473. I could not watch all the video. I think both sides were not giving a sound argument and when it reached the bodily resurrection discussion, I think many opportunities were not taken and it got a bit messy about references to passages.

One really has to know this subject well to take it up as a public debate, much gamer than I would ever be :)

I think the best advice on this subject by Christ is;

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

There are many passages that say flesh is Death and Spirit is life, thus why then put importance on a flesh body resurrection?

Regards Tony

Jul 2014
colorado/summer-Oklahoma/winter
Thanks Joey473. I could not watch all the video. I think both sides were not giving a sound argument and when it reached the bodily resurrection discussion, I think many opportunities were not taken and it got a bit messy about references to passages.

One really has to know this subject well to take it up as a public debate, much gamer than I would ever be :)

I think the best advice on this subject by Christ is;

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

1. There are many passages that say flesh is Death and Spirit is life, thus why then put importance on a flesh body resurrection?

Regards Tony
Right you are. That is a pretty perfect quote. John seems to be the book in the Bible that has many answers. I did not particularly like the entire premise of Christian vs Baha'i. I felt presenting it that way makes it as opposing religions, when from a Baha'i perspective we are not. Debate, no. Discussion, yes.