Salvation

Mar 2013
Edwardsville, Illinois, USA
Baha'is pray for salvation not only for individual souls, but for all of mankind. We are all in need of salvation and that comes through God's grace, not by "earning" it. Of course we should strive to deserve it, but what we do will never be enough without God's grace. Salvation for all of mankind comes from collectively following God's Will for this age.

This article is one person's take on it, and provides quotes from the Writings.

Salvation: For One and All

Sep 2010
Normanton Far North Queensland
The motivation for this in the Baha'i Faith is for the Salvation of all Humanity. There are some thoughts that can inspire us on an individual level;

From Baha'u'llah

"....Say: In that Day there is no refuge for any one save the command of God, and no salvation for any soul but God. Verily, this is the truth and there is naught after truth but manifest error.
Verily, God hath made it incumbent upon every soul to deliver His Cause according to his ability. Thus hath the command been recorded by the finger of might and power upon the Tablet of majesty and greatness.
Whosoever quickens one soul in this Cause is like unto one quickening all the servants and the Lord shall bring him forth in the day of resurrection into the Ridvan of oneness, adorned with the Mantle of Himself, the protector, the mighty, the generous! Thus will ye assist your Lord, and naught else save this shall ever be mentioned in this day before God, your Lord and the Lord of your forefathers...." Baha'u'llah : The Tablet of the Branch - from BWF

From Abdul'baha;

SALVATION - "You ask if, through the appearance of the kingdom of God, every soul hath been saved. The Sun of Reality hath appeared to all the world. This luminous appearance is salvation and life; but only he who hath opened the eye of reality and who hath seen these lights will be saved..." Abdu'l-Baha : Baha'i World Faith - Abdu'l-Baha Section

Regards Tony

May 2013
forest falls california
The root of "salvation" is salve... It means a healing balm. Christians have distorted the meaning and don't know it.

For example: "Man does not live by bread alone, but by every Word which proceeded out of the Mouth of the Lord."

Now many more Words have proceeded out of the Mouth of the Lord since Jesus' time, and have been refused by so called "believers" in Jesus.

He was the Son of the Lord of the Vineyard, and now that the Lord of the Vineyard has come, true salvation is from Him.

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
He was the Son of the Lord of the Vineyard, and now that the Lord of the Vineyard has come, true salvation is from Him.
Interesting, because a Baha'i on another forum told a Christian that he could get salvation through Jesus just as we get salvation through Baha'u'llah. I disagree with him.

Why then did Baha'u'llah write this?

No man can obtain everlasting life, unless he embraceth the truth of this inestimable, this wondrous, and sublime Revelation.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 183

May 2013
forest falls california
Interesting, because a Baha'i on another forum told a Christian that he could get salvation through Jesus just as we get salvation through Baha'u'llah. I disagree with him.

No man can obtain everlasting life, unless he embraceth the truth of this inestimable, this wondrous, and sublime Revelation.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 183
Prior to the New Testament and Jesus:

Ps. 3:8- Salvation belongs to the Lord; Thy blessing be upon Thy people! Selah.
Ps. 62:1-2 – My soul waits in silence for God only; From Him is my salvation. He only is my rock and my salvation, My stronghold; I shall not be greatly shaken.
Ps. 68:19 – Blessed be the Lord, who daily bears our burden, The God who is our salvation.
Isa. 12:2 – Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; For the Lord God is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation.
Isa. 61:10 – I will rejoice greatly in the Lord,… For He has clothed me with garments of salvation, He has wrapped me with a robe of righteousness,
Jonah. 2:9-But I will sacrifice to Thee With the voice of thanksgiving… Salvation is from the Lord.

Sep 2018
usa

just wondering, what do you believe is the truth of this inestimable, this wondrous, and sublime Revelation?

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
just wondering, what do you believe is the truth of this inestimable, this wondrous, and sublime Revelation?
What I think Baha'u'llah is referring to is "recognition" of Him and His Revelation from God. which is the first duty prescribed by God for humanity.

“The first duty prescribed by God for His servants is the recognition of Him Who is the Day Spring of His Revelation and the Fountain of His laws, Who representeth the Godhead in both the Kingdom of His Cause and the world of creation. Whoso achieveth this duty hath attained unto all good; and whoso is deprived thereof, hath gone astray, though he be the author of every righteous deed.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 330-331

Jul 2017
Olympia, WA, USA
Prior to the New Testament and Jesus:

Ps. 3:8- Salvation belongs to the Lord; Thy blessing be upon Thy people! Selah.
Ps. 62:1-2 – My soul waits in silence for God only; From Him is my salvation. He only is my rock and my salvation, My stronghold; I shall not be greatly shaken.
Ps. 68:19 – Blessed be the Lord, who daily bears our burden, The God who is our salvation.
Isa. 12:2 – Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; For the Lord God is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation.
Isa. 61:10 – I will rejoice greatly in the Lord,… For He has clothed me with garments of salvation, He has wrapped me with a robe of righteousness,
Jonah. 2:9-But I will sacrifice to Thee With the voice of thanksgiving… Salvation is from the Lord.
After the New Testament and Jesus:

John 3:16: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.”

1 John 5:13 “I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life.”

“…those who turned toward the Word of God and received the profusion of His bounties—were saved from this attachment and sin, obtained everlasting life, were delivered from the chains of bondage, and attained to the world of liberty. They were freed from the vices of the human world, and were blessed by the virtues of the Kingdom. This is the meaning of the words of Christ, “I gave My blood for the life of the world” 6 —that is to say, I have chosen all these troubles, these sufferings, calamities, and even the greatest martyrdom, to attain this object, the remission of sins”
Some Answered Questions, p. 125

Aug 2014
Blue Planet

I may be wrong but I believe that Christians can ask for salvation from Christ. Do you know why? Because real salvation depends about reaching a knowledge of the Manifestation of God for this era, and IF a Christian asks for it PURELY from Christ, it will eventually lead him/her somehow to reach to Bahaullah and to know Him and to see His grandeur.
for this reason, I think Muslims can ask the same from Mohammad, Jews from Moses, and Buddhists from Budha, etc etc only if they are sincere and pure.
After all, if I directly go to a Christian and tell him that he can no more ask for salvation from Christ, this can make him protest about the Baha'i faith rather than starting to like it. Some times we have to spoon feed the truth :)

Similiar Baha'i Discussions Forum Date
Baha'i Inspiration