Seek guidence/year of service

Jun 2015
Neverland
Hello friends.

Next year would be my apportunity to do a year of service. I am not sure wheter it is clever for me to do it in my life as it looks right now, I really want to turn to God for guidence, and I was wondering if you know any good prayers, or how do you do it when you seek for answers/guidence in a certain subject from God?

Thank you

Nov 2012
Florida
Hello friends.

Next year would be my apportunity to do a year of service. I am not sure wheter it is clever for me to do it in my life as it looks right now, I really want to turn to God for guidence, and I was wondering if you know any good prayers, or how do you do it when you seek for answers/guidence in a certain subject from God?

Thank you
Congratulations on considering a year of service. :yes:

Shoghi Effendi recommended that we first pray, then meditate, and then act on whatever inspiration we receive.

This prayer from the Bab asks God for both protection and guidance:

¨I adjure Thee by Thy might, O my God! Let no harm beset me in times of tests, and in moments of heedlessness guide my steps aright through Thine inspiration. Thou art God, potent art Thou to do what Thou desirest. No one can withstand Thy Will or thwart Thy Purpose.¨

The Báb

Oct 2009
Jackson, MS
Hello friends.

Thank you
Praying for guidance is good but keep in mind that our Writings also encourage consultation. Think about where your talents lie and how you can best be of service.