Service at Close Proximity.

Jul 2014
Texas
I often wonder about the life and stories of those early belivers who served in the Holy Family's households. Individuals like the cook, the gardner, the amanuensis.

Sometimes I imagine what it would be like if I was the gardner at the time of Baha'u'llah's stay at Bahji, or if I was Abdul'Baha's translator during his jurney to the West, or if I was a servant in Shoghi's house (although as far as I know, the Guardian did not have any household servants).

If you were given the opportunity to serve as a servant in either Baha'u'llah's, or Abdul'Baha's, or the Guardian's household, which household would you want?

Sep 2010
Normanton, Far North West Queensland
I often wonder about the life and stories of those early belivers who served in the Holy Family's households. Individuals like the cook, the gardner, the amanuensis.

Sometimes I imagine what it would be like if I was the gardner at the time of Baha'u'llah's stay at Bahji, or if I was Abdul'Baha's translator during his jurney to the West, or if I was a servant in Shoghi's house (although as far as I know, the Guardian did not have any household servants).

If you were given the opportunity to serve as a servant in either Baha'u'llah's, or Abdul'Baha's, or the Guardian's household, which household would you want?
Thomas, interesting question.

I guess I would answer any service opportunity that was gifted. ;)

In saying that, we still can accept the gift of service by embracing the opportunity to do service to all humanity by building our communities, a most great bounty.

I hope you are well and happy Regards Tony

Jul 2014
colorado/summer-Oklahoma/winter
Hi Thomas...great to see you! What an honor to serve any of them, but I might be less intimidated serving Abdu'l-Baha' rather than either Baha'u'llah or Shoghi Effendi. In my mind's eye I often see a twinkle in Abdu'l-Baha's eyes, and with my many imperfections, I would probably need someone with a sense of humor as my master.....

Loving regards,
Becky

Last edited:
Aug 2014
Blue Planet
interesting and entertaining question. in that condition, I would have liked to serve in a part as close to the Bahaulah or Abdulbaha as possible. like for example, to be their writer, or someone who would clean their rooms; or the cook because then I could see if they enjoyed the meal I cooked or not.