Seven Valleys Cross-Religion

Jun 2014
Wisconsin
My studies of late have been on this topic, but I've found many different religious traditions in the world where the concept of a seven-stage spiritual journey is present. My goal is to write all my findings enumerating everything, but that will take quite a while. :p For now I wish to share my findings of all the different systems I could identify which have spiritual progress broken into seven distinct stages:

The Seven Valleys of Baha'u'llah: Seek => Love => Knowledge => Unity => Contentment => Wonderment => True Poverty and Absolute Nothingness
The Seven Valleys of Farid ud-Din Attar: Seek => Love => Knowledge => Contentment => Unity => Wonderment => Poverty and Nothingness
The Seven Heavens of Enoch 2 and Christianity (the seven literal heavenly bodies visible in the sky without aid of telescope): The Moon => Mercury => Venus => The Sun => Mars => Jupiter => Saturn
The Seven Heavens of Judaism: Vilon => Raki'a => Shehaqim => Zebul => Ma'on => Machon => Araboth
The Seven Heavens of Shi'a Islam: Rafi’ => Qaydum => Marum => Arfalun => Hay'oun => Arous => Ajma'
The Prophets of each of the Seven Heavens Muhammad met during the Mi'raj: Adam => John & Jesus => Joseph => Enoch => Aaron => Moses => Abraham
The Seven Upper Worlds of Hinduism: Bhuloka => Bhuvarloka => Svarloka => Maharloka => Janarloka => Tapoloka => Satyaloka
The Occupants of the Seven Heavens of Dante's Paradiso: The Inconstant => The Ambitious => The Lovers => The Wise => The Warriors of the Faith => The Just Rulers => The Contemplatives
The Seven Alchemical Processes of Mystic Alchemy Traditions: Calcination => Dissolution => Separation => Conjunction => Fermentation => Distillation => Coagulation
The Seven Egos of Sufi Tradition: Depraved Ego => Accusing Ego => Forced Ego => Serene Ego => Satisfied Ego => Pleasing Ego => Purified Ego
The Seven Chakras: Root => Sacral => Naval => Heart => Throat => Third Eye => Crown
The Seven Divine Sparks of Zoroaster's Vision: Good Mind => Supreme Truth => Excellent Dominion => Benign Thought => Perfection => Deathlessness => Ahura Mazda (God)
The Seven Gates of the ancient Mithraic Religion: Lead => Tin => Copper => Iron => Alloy => Silver => Gold
The Seven Heavens of the Cherokee: I can't find individual names or descriptions, only Cherokee stories that establish that there are seven heavens in number.
The Seven Heavens of the Sumerians: Again, I have no individual names or descriptions for this one. Sumerian incantations tell us "the heavens are seven, the earths are seven", but not much past this. Of note, this is the earliest reference to "seven heavens" out there.

I won't try to elaborate on any of the above just yet, because then this post will be a massive, imposing wall of text and will take me a long while to actually compose, I just wanted to put my list out there and maybe see if anyone knows of anything I may have missed...

It's certainly interesting, though, to see all the cultures and traditions that measured spiritual development in seven stages.

Nov 2018
GB
My studies of late have been on this topic, but I've found many different religious traditions in the world where the concept of a seven-stage spiritual journey is present. My goal is to write all my findings enumerating everything, but that will take quite a while. For now I wish to share my findings of all the different systems I could identify which have spiritual progress broken into seven distinct stages:

The Seven Valleys of Baha'u'llah: Seek => Love => Knowledge => Unity => Contentment => Wonderment => True Poverty and Absolute Nothingness
The Seven Valleys of Farid ud-Din Attar: Seek => Love => Knowledge => Contentment => Unity => Wonderment => Poverty and Nothingness
The Seven Heavens of Enoch 2 and Christianity (the seven literal heavenly bodies visible in the sky without aid of telescope): The Moon => Mercury => Venus => The Sun => Mars => Jupiter => Saturn
The Seven Heavens of Judaism: Vilon => Raki'a => Shehaqim => Zebul => Ma'on => Machon => Araboth
The Seven Heavens of Shi'a Islam: Rafi’ => Qaydum => Marum => Arfalun => Hay'oun => Arous => Ajma'
The Prophets of each of the Seven Heavens Muhammad met during the Mi'raj: Adam => John & Jesus => Joseph => Enoch => Aaron => Moses => Abraham
The Seven Upper Worlds of Hinduism: Bhuloka => Bhuvarloka => Svarloka => Maharloka => Janarloka => Tapoloka => Satyaloka
The Occupants of the Seven Heavens of Dante's Paradiso: The Inconstant => The Ambitious => The Lovers => The Wise => The Warriors of the Faith => The Just Rulers => The Contemplatives
The Seven Alchemical Processes of Mystic Alchemy Traditions: Calcination => Dissolution => Separation => Conjunction => Fermentation => Distillation => Coagulation
The Seven Egos of Sufi Tradition: Depraved Ego => Accusing Ego => Forced Ego => Serene Ego => Satisfied Ego => Pleasing Ego => Purified Ego
The Seven Chakras: Root => Sacral => Naval => Heart => Throat => Third Eye => Crown
The Seven Divine Sparks of Zoroaster's Vision: Good Mind => Supreme Truth => Excellent Dominion => Benign Thought => Perfection => Deathlessness => Ahura Mazda (God)
The Seven Gates of the ancient Mithraic Religion: Lead => Tin => Copper => Iron => Alloy => Silver => Gold
The Seven Heavens of the Cherokee: I can't find individual names or descriptions, only Cherokee stories that establish that there are seven heavens in number.
The Seven Heavens of the Sumerians: Again, I have no individual names or descriptions for this one. Sumerian incantations tell us "the heavens are seven, the earths are seven", but not much past this. Of note, this is the earliest reference to "seven heavens" out there.

I won't try to elaborate on any of the above just yet, because then this post will be a massive, imposing wall of text and will take me a long while to actually compose, I just wanted to put my list out there and maybe see if anyone knows of anything I may have missed...

It's certainly interesting, though, to see all the cultures and traditions that measured spiritual development in seven stages.
This sounds interesting as the seven stages make person to concentrate on their target

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk