Should I be worried?

Sep 2017
Earth
I only desire to say the short obligatory prayer not the long one, I am asking wether it’s a sign of concern for my spiritual life? If I was spiritually healthy surely I would desire to say the long prayer as it’s longer? I enjoy meditation more then prayer which is why perhaps avoid the long prayer although I do say it sometimes.

Mar 2015
Bend area, Oregon
Hello Yousefy2.

For your consideration, I will offer the following guidance provided by Bahá’u’lláh Himself, to Whom you are turning unto in prayer:

"Take heed lest excessive reading and too many acts of piety in the daytime and in the night season make you vainglorious. Should a person recite but a single verse from the Holy Writings in a spirit of joy and radiance, this would be better for him than reciting wearily all the Scriptures of God, the Help in Peril, the Self-Subsisting. Recite ye the verses of God in such measure that ye be not overtaken with fatigue or boredom. Burden not your souls so as to cause exhaustion and weigh them down, but rather endeavour to lighten them, that they may soar on the wings of revealed Verses unto the dawning-place of His signs. This is conducive to nearer access unto God, were ye to comprehend." (Bahá’u’lláh, The Compilation of Compilations vol II, p. 225)

Take the utmost care. -LR

Sep 2010
Normanton Far North Queensland
I only desire to say the short obligatory prayer not the long one, I am asking wether it’s a sign of concern for my spiritual life? If I was spiritually healthy surely I would desire to say the long prayer as it’s longer? I enjoy meditation more then prayer which is why perhaps avoid the long prayer although I do say it sometimes.
Little by little day by day, as these are the questions we ask of ourselves. Each day as we try to do better, this life offers us the answers.

We have been given 3 obligatory prayers to choose from. Personally, I have not used the Medium Obligatory prayer in 35 years as a Baha'i, I had only said the short prayer. The first time I used the long prayer was in 2014. When travelling the short prayer is a bounty.

Regards Tony