Sub-Section of My Website on the Babi-Baha'i Faiths

Aug 2009
George Town Tasmania Australia
I make no attempt to keep up with the burgeoning resources now available on the Babi(1844-1863) and Baha'i Faiths(1863- 2863-circa). If I include subjects related to this religion, a religion which claims to be the latest, the most recent, of the Abrahamic religions, related subjects in what has become in recent decades an interdisciplinary field of study, no scholar--to say nothing about the humble and ordinary individual--can claim to be the possessor of what used to be referred to as the qualification of comprehensive knowledge.

Arnold Toynbee(1889-1975) was a British historian whose twelve-volume analysis of the rise and fall of civilizations, A Study of History(Oxford UP, 1934–1961) written between 1921 and 1961, was a synthesis of world history. This 12-volume work contains more than 3 million words and about 7,000 pages, plus 412 pages of indices. This metahistory was based on universal rhythms of rise, flowering and decline. I mention Toynbee here because in this massive oeuvre, which examined history from a global perspective, Toynbee points out that to have read everything in any one major field of study became impossible by the beginning of the 20th century. This was even more true of each and every field of known knowledge on any subject within a field by the 21st century. If a person only wanted to know some simple fact, then Google could provide that fact with a few clicks of one's mouse. Go to this link for more of my comments on the Babi and Baha'i Faiths: Ron Price - Pioneering Over Five Epochs